Summer plans?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 07:24 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
and... WHERE is everyone?

So, we're traveling this summer

1. to St. Louis (if anyone wants to meet up!)
2. to surprise IL's for their 50th anniversary. Ever plan a surprise 50th anniversary from 650 miles away? Not easy.

and later, maybe
3. to WY for IL's family reunion

Kids need swimming lessons, too and Kensley might do VBS if I can figure out when they are!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 14th, 2013, 07:30 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Looks like we had the same idea this morning! Lol!

We are going to the outer banks this weekend for a week long beach vacation! So super excited!

June we don't really have anything planned except to really work on settling into the house! It's amazing how long it takes with two little ones cramping my style!

July we are headed to Chicago to visit family! I'm so excited to see everyone and to take Eli to all the sites!

That's about all we have planned right now

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
May 14th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are hoping to go to San Antonio and do the river walk. I just got a new baby carrier in the mail so I am excited to try it out there Otherwise looking at some mothers day out programs for Drake and starting a gymnastics class for him as well.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
May 14th, 2013, 01:56 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Caleb has started his swimming classes He has them Tues & Thurs and those end Jun 4th. I'm thinking of signing him up for a tumbling class afterwards. I'd love to enroll him in the next level swim class, but I think I'll be too preggo to manage it (I'll be 27wks when this class is over). We go the park with a splash pad on the days he doesn't have swim (and it's not raining). Basically Caleb is keeping me from being lazy this summer and hopefully in decent shape for enduring labor

Oh and when our lease is up on the apartment Aug 13th or thereabout we'll be moving into (FX) a 3 bedroom HOUSE with a YARD! I can't wait to get out of the apartment, we've really outgrown apartment living. It should be interesting moving while I'm super preggo, but hopefully baby will stay put until his/her DD so I can't get the nursery set up

May 15th, 2013, 06:09 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
We're spending 3 weeks in June up in northern Michigan. We've rented an actual house (not a cottage!), so we'll have all of the comforts of home while DH does some Great Lakes fishing. This time around I'm bringing my own car so Betsy and I can go explore the area. My good friend is even coming up for a long weekend and there's talk of a trip to some of the wineries as well.

When we get back, Betsy is doing part time daycare/summer camp. She loves school and has made such great progress there that I don't want her to miss out on anything (or to slide backwards and lose some of her skills during the 2.5 months we're off). Plus, this is about the only way I can get some guaranteed "no-toddler" time which will enable me to do the homework for the classes I'm signing up for and to finally tackle the ever growing to-do list around the house.

Kelli, I hope we can get a chance to finally "meet" when you're up this way!
May 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We'll definitely have a busy schedule!

Monday morning Nathan is taking a running class and in the evening he has baseball practice.

Tuesday mornings we go to the cheap theater and in the evening all 3 have swimming lessons.

Wednesday morning Nathan has running class again and in the evening Lukas has tball practice.

Thursdays the kids will take swim lessons and then we'll stay to play in the splash playground.

Fridays we left open to get the grass cut (it's a several hour job now ) or to go to the zoo or museums (which then we'll push the grass to Saturday)

The boys will have baseball games either Friday night or Saturday.

The library hasn't put out their summer schedule, but I hope we can fit storytime into our schedule.

We'll also take some trips to Nathan's school to play at playground and let the kids ride bikes (gravel driveway here).

At the end of July I'll take the kids to the fair in WI and in August we have my cousin's wedding up in MN and then we're going to do some other stuff in WI before coming home.

The summer is going to fly by!
May 16th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We will spend as much time as possible in June and the 1st 2 weeks of July at the lake and the kids take swimming lessons.

End of June We will start to silage we I will have a crew of 9 or so men to feed for a couple weeks.

We are going on a extended family trip in August, but staying in Saskatchewan

The girls each have a week of bible camp, and there is a week of VBS for the 3 older kids.

We have a back to school trip/field trip ( because we can , we leave the same time the girls would have gotten on the school bus to go to PS). We are going to Calgary zoo.

May 16th, 2013, 05:34 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have any exciting plans for the summer

We are headed for a weekend get a away, next weekend to Las Vegas. My parents and IL's are taking the boys for the weekend. I'm excited to have some hubby-wife time!

Besides that, not much planned for summer. We will spend our weekends out at our camp/cottage and maybe tent it a weekend or two with friends. The boys will spend most of the summer in daycare.

I need to find a job where I get summers off!

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

May 20th, 2013, 08:42 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
We just got back from Disney, then at the end of June we will be in MI to visit my parents, back to MI at the end of July for a shower, then the first full week of August we are in TN (near Pigon Forge/Gatliburg) vacationing with DH's family. Whew!! I'd love for the kids to take swim lessons and dance or gymnastics class too. We'll have to see.

July 5th, 2013, 10:53 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I went to Vegas back in May for a thing for his work. We had some relaxing time too. We also took our oldest 2 kids to Hershey Park last Wednesday. School started back up for me on Monday and now I'm crazy busy with that. Math and speech. 6 credits jammed into 6 weeks. Not sure what I was thinking. That's pretty much it. Right now my oldest 3 kids are taking a trip to Pittsburgh with my parents. It's kind of quiet here. They'll be back on Sunday. That's just about it. Pretty boring summer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search