4th of July

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 05:56 PM
megpie
Hard to believe it's next week!

Do you have plans?

Grilling out?

Will your LO watch fireworks?

Can you buy fireworks where you live?
June 24th, 2013, 07:33 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure what we will do. Ry has surgery the 3rd, so we will probably hang here. We may go see fireworks n the 5th.

Fireworks are illegal in Nj :-(

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
June 24th, 2013, 09:00 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will probably go to our cabin for a bit this weekend and then celebrate Canada Day with a barbecue and a visit to the famiy celebration at a local park

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

June 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to see my family while Dh works. He has a deadline so it has to be done.
We will do a lot of swimming. And we are going to a Carnival. I don't think we will be grilling though since my dad has to work on the 4th and I don't grill.
We will definitely be watching the fireworks and yes you can buy fireworks in MO, but I am not sure about KS....not on post anyways.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
June 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM
megpie
We have no plans yet....we'll go see a professional display somewhere....definitely grill out....maybe take the kids to Dairy Queen or a snow cone place??? No sure yet.
All fireworks are illegal in our county, but we're on the state line and can cross over and get everything and anything. Our county's cops will be out to bust anyone doing fireworks. Two years ago we were on our driveway watching our neighbor set fireworks off and two cops pull right up and give him a $200 fine for setting off bottle rockets.
June 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not a clue what we're going to do. We live right near the state line, so it's really easy to buy fireworks. People on our street set them off for a few hours, and no one ever seems to get into trouble

July 6th, 2013, 06:44 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We ended up going to a neighborhood party on the 3rd---complete with fireworks display. On the 4th, we had some neighbors over to swim & went to a minor league baseball game (fireworks x2 there).
We did not end up grilling anything.

And YES
Fireworks are legal here and have been going off nonstop all week (including right now)
In our (small) town alone, there is 5 places to buy the 'real' ones.
July 6th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We went to a parade in the morning. Went back to the MIL's where I got some rest, and then she and I made dinner (I grilled, she made potato salad). After that, despite threats to the contrary, we went to see some local fireworks. Kelen actually didn't freak out, thank goodness, and stayed up well beyond the fireworks.

July 7th, 2013, 04:10 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did absolutely nothing. Well, we were busy, but we didn't do any patriotic stuff. DH was working on his truck, I had to get a replacement phone, both girls were fussy...it was just kind of a long day, and we didn't feel like doing anything.

You can buy fireworks here, but you can't set them off in city limits. Well...you're not supposed to. Our neighbors did for a while, even though our next door neighbor is the police chief. Last year there was a huge burn ban, and no one could do fireworks...even the professional displays.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search