Passing on your middle name

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
megpie
Did you give YOUR middle name to any of your kiddos? What about DH's middle name?
June 28th, 2013, 05:32 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well...in a way, I guess. My middle name is Ann. But that's not really why we chose Anna. If we had a son, we planned on using DH's middle name for the baby's middle name.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. I like my middle name (Danielle) but not enough to have my daughter share it. Neither DH or I are fond of his middle name so we wouldn't use it for a child.

Major
June 28th, 2013, 10:42 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No. I like my middle name, Jennifer, but it's meaningless. It was picked because my parents thought it sounded nice with my name. My kids both have Icelandic names in honour of my late Amma (grandma in Icelandic).

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

June 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Maxs Mumma's Avatar Veteran
My partner and my Dad have the same middle name so it was passed onto Max. He actually had a confirmed middle name a week before his first name was agreed on. He also has my last name as a second middle name.

June 29th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No. Hubby refused to use any part of his name, and mine would sound silly for a boy, since we're not french.

June 29th, 2013, 10:11 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Mackenzie has my middle name of Elise but it's a family name as my Great-Grandma and Grandma were Elise. My mother's, my cousin's and my middle names are Elise...

We would not use DH's middle name for a middle name for the kids.
July 6th, 2013, 06:29 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no girl to pass mine to.
Chase's middle name is DH's first name (Joseph)
Nathan's middle name is Christopher/Brady's is Patrick (DH's brothers first names)
July 9th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Trey is named after Tim completely, first middle and last. But if we could have made trey a "III" without also passing on the middle name...totally would have. I HATE their middle name.
July 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
megpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontan View Post
Trey is named after Tim completely, first middle and last. But if we could have made trey a "III" without also passing on the middle name...totally would have. I HATE their middle name.

Were you pressured from his family to have a III?

DH doesn't have a middle name and I don't care for my middle name, so I would neverrrrr pass it on.
July 9th, 2013, 09:52 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
If I would have followed tradition, Audrey would have had my middle name (Rae). My great grandfather was Ray and since then, the first born girl of the family has that middle name. My grams is Jeraldine Rae, my aunt Karen Rae an then there's me. I like my middle name but it didn't really flow with the names I liked for Audrey and I asked my grams if she would be ok with me not using it. She basically said that the tradition had played itself out and she didn't really care. My DHs middle is Anthony and it was passed on to little J.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
July 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by megpie View Post
Were you pressured from his family to have a III?

DH doesn't have a middle name and I don't care for my middle name, so I would neverrrrr pass it on.
from DH. He REALLLLY wanted him to be a III, so he is. I dont even really like the first name either. nothing about the name is something i would have picked out if it wasnt already DHs name. if we hadnt agreed to call him "Trey" i dont think i would have given in.

neither of my brothers have middle names.
July 21st, 2013, 07:33 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
DH is a II and we didn't carry that on but Kaeden does have his middle name (Houston) and the first part of his first name is from my middle name (Kay). All of our kids are named after someone (not intentional when we first chose Morgan and Madison's names).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search