Potty Training At 3 Years Old

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Hey moms, I am looking for some advice on potty training. My daughter is 3 and doesn't really have any interest in it. What are some ways that I can get her interested? (I've already tried rewarding her and it hasn't worked yet). I also have a little guy who will be 18 months in a few weeks, I was wondering if it's a good idea to try and potty train him now so they can both be trained at the same time (I was thinking that maybe this would get my daughter interested, she wants to do things if her brother does them)
February 28th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Super Mommy
Try The Potty Book For Girls book and video. If that doesn't work, does she have potty trained friends she can hung out with?
March 9th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Lady Jess's Avatar Tokyo gal
I started slow. I would always make my girl go to toilet right before sleeping and right after waking up, before doing anything else . even if she cant go at night, She will definitely be able to go in the morning. You should say 'go ahead , or push' while letting her sit there for a couple minutes. She can get use to the sensation of knowing when she has to pee and that she can control that. My daughter was fully trained by 3.5. The first thing she could always do after we started training was poop in the toilet. she did not like poop on her, so the only thing i had to change was pee diapers. or she'd change herself as i found a wet diaper on the kitchen or bathroom floors a few times.
March 18th, 2014, 04:48 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some people think that waiting makes it easier and I have found they are wrong. Once they hit 3 they are way to used to the way a diaper feels. You now have a kid old enough to understand and young enough that you still want to believe they don't and they use that. Little manipulators!!!!! First things first does she recognize that she is going and weather it's #1 or #2. If you can figure that out and start making her aware of the fact that she is going. Then you are just looking a persistence and patience. Lots of patience! Your son may be to young boys are normally late bloomers. I have never gotten a boy potty train before 2. Not for lack of trying. They just take longer for some reason. My girls I have had both done at 18 and 20 months With your daughter being 3 you need to take away the option of the diaper. Not all at once but she needs to be reminded that pee pee and poopy go in the potty not in her panties. She is old enough she gets it. I just depends on how stubborn she is and how determined you are to get it done. Girls are usually easier and if she is one of those you may be able to get it done in a week or less, if not you maybe looking at a long hard fight!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search