pepperoni sticks?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't sure if I could eat these...anyone know? Since you can't have lunch meat and such with out heating it up(which I can't handle unless it is a melt) what about pepperoni sticks? This is one of the few things that actually sounds good to me right now. I'm having a hard time getting enough protein into my diet with my nausea..All that sounds good is strawberries and pickles other than that.

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
June 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
Pepperoni that is not heated is actually on the list of things to avoid to not get listeriosis. I actually don't really follow the no lunch meat unless it is heated rule.
June 8th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Violet21's Avatar Veteran
I heard somewhere to avoid it but I am not 100% sure
June 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I had a hard time with protein as well, and eventually found Boost nutrition shakes. I drink the chocolate ones, and if you get the high protein kind they have 15g of protein in each little bottle. They have other flavors as well, and help give you vitamins/minerals that you need. I always keep one in my purse just in case I need a quick snack when I'm on the go.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

June 8th, 2010, 12:58 PM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
I had a hard time with protein as well, and eventually found Boost nutrition shakes. I drink the chocolate ones, and if you get the high protein kind they have 15g of protein in each little bottle. They have other flavors as well, and help give you vitamins/minerals that you need. I always keep one in my purse just in case I need a quick snack when I'm on the go.

Thank you SO much for that tip! With drinks I seem to be able to handle anything as long as its not TOO thick, but that sounds like something I could handle. I've been taking up so much of my time trying to figure out ways to increase my protein without getting sick, and this sounds great. Thank you so much!

I guess I will heat up the pepperoni... though I read a lot about the having to heat up lunch meats and such, I really wonder HOW high the risk is for listeria because I've never had a doctor tell me to avoid it and neither have any of my prego friends(and I cant ever find any statistics or anything like that). I guess maybe they just don't say anything because you are pretty much at risk for contamination from SOMETHING with just about everything you eat. In fact. I had a bag of fresh express salad mix that I ate and then a week after its expiration date the store called me to tell me that it was recalled!! I was like...well too late now I already ate it! No more fresh express for me!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
June 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
mmmmmm pepperoni sticks, i could totally go for one of those right now. i've still been eating some turkey sandwich meat, maybe once a week. if i had a pepperoni stick in my fridge right now i'd eat it ...without heating it it
June 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Greeneeyess77's Avatar Super Mommy
I found this online I hope its true i love pepperoni and just had some

Pepperoni and salami are considered safe during pregnancy. While often being served at the deli with other deli meats which are not safe, these are dried and salted so listeria cannot live on them. If you are eating it on pizza you are extra safe since heating the meats until steaming kill listeria (the bacteria found in deli meats that causes miscarriages).
May 21st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi there im just over 8 weeks in my pregnacy and i ate 2small pepperoni sticks yesterday it slipped my mind that i wasnt suposed to eat them this is my first baby. I didnt feel sick or anything yesterday and i woke up this morning with a sore throat and my coughs taste like copper and im having a bit of trouble keeping my breath ( i also have asthma) im hoping maybe someone could help me. My bf said his mom had been sick and his 3 yr old was hugging and kissing her but i hadnt hugged or kissed jake since he had seen grandma but he does like to wipe his face in our pillows and blankets and cough all over the place.. I also had thawed some pork loins on the counter so room temperature befor i cooked them i didnt know i wasnt allowed to do that and i cant remember if i washed my hands after handleing the package i usually just use paper towel to clean my hands with stuff like that i clean everything every day to try avoiding getting sick and im worried that i made myself sick im still so new and not sure of the things i can cantdo :so if someone could help me with why i feel how i do it would be greatly appresiated thanks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search