How much are you eating a day?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love both DH and my mother dearly, but they are both about to drive me NUTS! I went from eating everything in sight for two weeks, to feeling nauseous 24/7 the past 3 days. Needless to say, my food intake has gone way down. I'm still eating, but not nearly what I was. I'm kinda back down to what I would eat pre-pregnancy. (Everything is healthy, just smaller quantities.) I'd rather stop eating sooner, than force myself and end up getting sick, KWIM?

However - they both think I need to be eating massive quantities of food every day! They both call me all day long to see what I've eaten! They are going to drive me nuts...

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
July 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the first tri it doesn't matter at all if you're not eating a lot. The baby is getting everything it needs regardless of what you eat, it's when you get into the 2nd and 3rd tri that you need to take in the extra 300 calories. I eat practically nothing in the first tri, I live off of rice, dry cereal, dry foods, plain noodles, water, green tea, and coffee, it's the only thing I can stomach. All I had to day was coffee, water, and rice, and there is no way I am putting anything else down and feeling horrible. If I eat alot, I feel even sicker!

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
July 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i'm in the eating non stop phase, if i let myself get too hungry i feel SO ILL
July 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really not sick (yet) BUT I also can't eat much at all... I'm normally a really good eater but I get full so quickly..

I have ppl monitoring my food intake as well... It's like if they don't tell you then you'll just forget or something...

July 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should let them know that in the first trimester you only need 0-100 extra calories a day. I think too many people think your supposed to eat huge quantities of food, when really it is simple to get the few extra calories in with one extra snack. DH has been driving me nuts too. But more, he keeps calling me to make sure I am drinking enough water. lol!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
July 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilettos-N-Sippys View Post
I have ppl monitoring my food intake as well... It's like if they don't tell you then you'll just forget or something...
LOL! This is so true! My mom called me today and said she'd bring groceries over. I'm like it's not a matter of grocery shopping or cooking! I'm a grown woman - I can do both!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
July 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
Regular
I am hardly eating anything, and when I do I feel worse!
I haven't actually been sick yet but I feel crappy all day.
DH is deployed at the moment we cant talk on the phone but when I do get and email he always asks about my eating lol
July 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Mrs.Ajalele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mrs.Ajalele
I think I just left the over eating phase into where you are now. I'll feel hungry but absolutely nothing sounds good. Like right now I was getting ready to make something and then all that sounded good was the tomato I was cutting so I ate it and am back to feeling nasty.. blech..

*Always loving and missing my best friend the mother of my beautiful Goddaughter **Marissa Sue** you are always in my heart Mar Mar!* Left this earth to go to Heaven June 22nd 2008*

July 1st, 2010, 05:14 PM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
All I have had today is sprite and it comes right back up.
July 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
angelsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katinagj View Post
he keeps calling me to make sure I am drinking enough water. lol!

if my fiance asks me one more time if i am drinking enough water i will punch him. i tell him i drink what i can...he says he just doesn't me to go to the hospital for dehydration again.

Z
July 1st, 2010, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's nice that they care, but they should remember that we are hormonal and may bite their heads off for butting in where they aren't wanted! lol I'm sort of bouncing between barely eating and eating too much of whatever I can get down (even if not the healthiest choice).
July 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
All I've had today is a Slimfast. I just feel too sick. Bleh.
July 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Stephanie_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
O I know how that is. With my last pregnancy I gained over 90lbs because I OVERATE! This time I feel awful all day long so I have been living off of crackers and dry cereal. DH thinks I am starving myself for fear that I am just worried about gaining a ton of weight again. UGH! Yes I am terrified I am going to gain way more than I need to again but this eating pattern is NOT a choice right now. I just want to get through the day without vomiting!

Big thanks to *Kiliki* for my GORGEOUS siggy!
[/URL]
July 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalieallen View Post
if my fiance asks me one more time if i am drinking enough water i will punch him. i tell him i drink what i can...he says he just doesn't me to go to the hospital for dehydration again.
My DH says the same thing to me...but he also kind of knows that it isn't really my choice. I am not choosing to dehydrate myself. My brother thinks I am though. He is always like, we told you you needed to stay hydrated. Well, sorry bub, not really something I planned. I don't WANT to go to the ER for 6 hours and be poked and prodded on.
July 1st, 2010, 09:32 PM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
I cant eat. comes right back up.
July 1st, 2010, 09:45 PM
DesertMama10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always *try* to eat, whether it stays down or not is not my fault. Today I actually kept dinner down, so that's a plus. Maybe since I'm nearing 9 weeks it's starting to let up. Oh, how I would LOVE that.

July 2nd, 2010, 05:50 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I'm eating about the same maybe a little more, I do snack a lot during the day though..

July 2nd, 2010, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I probably am not eating as much. I have been so sick lately that nothing looks or smells good anymore. I have to force myself to eat.

July 2nd, 2010, 06:31 AM
RayneLynn's Avatar Pregnant Tattoo Artist
I was eating a lot for awhile because it kept me from feeling sick. I'm 9 1/2 weeks now and don't feel sick anymore, so my eating is mostly back to normal. The not-being-sick part brings it's own set of worries.
July 2nd, 2010, 07:04 AM
Scotticka's Avatar Veteran
I am hungry all day, and I'm definitely eating more. It's terrifying me that I can't go more than a few hours without eating something. I don't want to gain a ton of weight, it will take me forever to get it off again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search