What's the hardest "No, No" for you?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilettos-N-Sippys View Post
My baths are really hot... like melt your flesh hot... I'm usually hot for like 20 minutes after I get out so I KNOW it raises my body temp. Sounds kinda miserable but it's just glorious for me! If I can't do it super hot I'd almost rather not do it
Yikes @ melted flesh, yeah you cant have them that hot lol. Warm is ok, but it stinks cause it gets cold SOOOO fast I wish we could hang out in the hot tub, those are SO relaxing!

Quote:
I was preg for my 21st birthday.
Me too, and I was married. My (now) ex husband gave me a vacuum for that birthday I remember eating a gallon of ice cream and bawling my eyes out....

Last edited by mommy2mykiddos; July 2nd, 2010 at 12:19 AM.
July 2nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
RayneLynn's Avatar Pregnant Tattoo Artist
Wine, although it's not difficult to give up being tired and hungry all the time. It's more the knowing that I can no longer go out and hang with single/childless friends anymore in the nighttime because it just doesn't feel the same. I COULD sit around and watch the drunk people carousing at the bar and my friends getting all stupid but, really, what is the point? All I want at night anymore is food, a reasonable bedtime, a moderately clean house, and some reassurance from DH. So, yeah, it's more the loss of the ability to be socially spontaneous than anything else. Before I was pregnant I never felt jealous when girls my age would be able to date around and be as irresponsible as nineteen year olds...after all I got to be crazy too! It felt great to be more "settled down" and content. Now I definitely feel pangs of, "Well now that I'm having baby it's REALLY over". Stupid, right? Especially since I love my life. So many women wait so long to be parents/married now.
July 2nd, 2010, 01:36 AM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
I think id have to say ice coffee. I know I can drink it just not an entire pot of it, but at the same time, i've only known for less then a week. I'm still in shock. I'll just be happy when I can eat a meal and keep it down
July 2nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not much of a drinker so the lack of alcohol doesn't really affect me. I guess its the lack of caffiene. I was getting horrible headaches without it, but my OB said that one caffienated drink a day is okay. I have found that decaf coke is pretty good so I did switch to that.

July 2nd, 2010, 06:43 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh I love a hot bath/shower that melts your skin..

I also cut waaaay back on coffee, I only have 1 a day now

July 2nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really miss wine! Caffeine and Sushi are also being sorely missed.

Thank you Katarina for my beautiful Siggy!
July 2nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Regular
Right now I have the worst head cold and I'd about kill for a sudafed...

I miss my afternoon caffeine and a glass of wine with friends (had to go to a bachelorette party last weekend and omg that was HARD! Karaoke with no alcohol???)
July 2nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
Scotticka's Avatar Veteran
I definitely miss hot baths in the jacuzzi tub. Raw sushi. A glass of wine after a long, stressful day.
July 2nd, 2010, 08:25 AM
elizabeth22's Avatar Veteran
Coffee - I used to drink quite a bit but quit cold turkey. I had one small glass the other day, though, but was worrying the whole time and I couldn't enjoy it.
Beer - I love a cold glass of beer when we go out to eat, or when we BBQ. I don't drink all the time or anything, but I do, and will, miss it occassionally.
Over Easy Eggs!!! - I LOVEEEEE over easy eggs, and dipping toast in them... but runny eggs is a no-no It isn't too bad right now, because I can't stomach any eggs yet.
July 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
alyssasue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
Definitely hot baths!!!! And I was a huge coffee drinker. I know I didn't have to give it up completely, but it's really an all or nothing thing for me. I was terribly addicted to Starbucks, McDonald's, and Panera's frozen coffees!

Oh, and massages. I have three herniated discs in my back, and having to give up massages for the first trimester sucks!
You don't need to give up massage in the first trimester! The only reason they "recommend" you do is due to morning sickness I have had massages twice a month with no issues, and my SIL (who is almost 30 weeks along) has had them regularly too!

July 2nd, 2010, 09:49 AM
dldavenport002's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpishAntics View Post
I have a very yucky, very unhealthy,very likely to be the worst habit. I smoke. I've cut back quite a bit but I'm trying to stop completely. I quit cold turkey with DD and put my body into shock so the doctor advised to wean myself off. I quit until she was a week old. With DS I weaned myself again but never completely stopped 100% and snuck one here and there. I'm trying to wean again especially since I'm already bleeding and having low levels. I know it's wrong and selfish but it is definitely my worst "no no" and I struggle with it everyday.
WEll, that makes two of us! I would LOVE to quit completely! Im working at it slowly by making lifestyle changes that hopefully last the rest of my life. Every second of every day is definitely a challenge especially since I have ongoing stress related to my situation with my husband.

I was never going to reveal that im a smoker...I have read a lot of hate filled posts about pregnant women who smoke. Oh well, heres to another strike against me...

On another note- I dont really quit doing all the so called "bad" things...I just do them in moderation, try to eat healthier, walk, and keep myself sane
July 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldavenport002 View Post
WEll, that makes two of us! I would LOVE to quit completely! Im working at it slowly by making lifestyle changes that hopefully last the rest of my life. Every second of every day is definitely a challenge especially since I have ongoing stress related to my situation with my husband.

I was never going to reveal that im a smoker...I have read a lot of hate filled posts about pregnant women who smoke. Oh well, heres to another strike against me...

On another note- I dont really quit doing all the so called "bad" things...I just do them in moderation, try to eat healthier, walk, and keep myself sane
Ugh! I can't stand judgemental people! This is supposed to be a safe place! If people don't like it, they can keep it to themselves! That's what I think! And I think it is good yalla re trying to quit. I was a smoker when I got preg with DS (I mean I was 19 and 20)...I pretty much quit but every so often I would sneak a few drags. I was a social smoker when I got pg with DD. I didn't give it up completely either. With this one, so far, I have kicked it completely and I hope to keep it that way. I wasn't smoking very much or very often beforehand so it wasn't too difficult for me. Good luck girls!

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

July 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my pinot grigio for sure! i love wine and miss my glass on the weekends. but, it's a small price to pay for a healthy baby!

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

July 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
dldavenport002's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you sblades19....I really appreciate what you said! Im working on it and thats all I can do at this point, and when I am finally able to quit it will be such a relief....
July 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
nelle15's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassie87 View Post
my pinot grigio for sure! i love wine and miss my glass on the weekends. but, it's a small price to pay for a healthy baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search