What's the hardest "No, No" for you?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me it's not taking hot baths... I usually take a couple a day... it's my "me time" and stress reliever.

It's so hard for me to not just jump in the tub for some R&R

July 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely hot baths!!!! And I was a huge coffee drinker. I know I didn't have to give it up completely, but it's really an all or nothing thing for me. I was terribly addicted to Starbucks, McDonald's, and Panera's frozen coffees!

Oh, and massages. I have three herniated discs in my back, and having to give up massages for the first trimester sucks!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
July 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
Mrs.Ajalele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mrs.Ajalele
I think coffee.. I just gave it up until the first tri is over then I will have it occasionally.

*Always loving and missing my best friend the mother of my beautiful Goddaughter **Marissa Sue** you are always in my heart Mar Mar!* Left this earth to go to Heaven June 22nd 2008*

July 1st, 2010, 05:17 PM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can still do massages, just have to be pregnancy massages I have a book and its wonderful

Also hot baths are ok because the water cools off so rapidly that your body temp never really reaches 102 (unless you are constantly adding hot water lol)

My "no-no" is iced tea. I LOVE iced tea especially in the summer. I have been limiting to one glass every couple of days, where I used to drink at least two a day!
July 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM
angelsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baths! i still take them but make sure the water is only warm...not hot. it sucks because after 5 minutes i am freezing but it helps me relax.

Z
July 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
DesertMama10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Coffee. I feel guilty whenever I have some (like this morning) but it seems to ease my nausea enough in the morning to where I can actually eat. So, I have an iced coffee here and there when the nausea is bad and I really need something decent to eat. And iced tea, I love iced tea in the summer and it's been super hard giving it up. I might be having some while on vacation this weekend though

July 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM
Stephanie_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is caffeine in general. I practically live off of it. Although I weened myself down to one caffeinated drink a day.

Big thanks to *Kiliki* for my GORGEOUS siggy!
[/URL]
July 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Probably raw sushi. Today was my birthday and we always go for sushi on special occasions so it was tough to have pasta instead.
July 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hot baths are mine too! And wine! My two biggest stress relievers!!

I don't give up coffee, I would be on the floor if I didn't have my cup of coffee. The benefits outweigh the risks, as my doctor told me last time.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
July 1st, 2010, 06:49 PM
Mirandabelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mirandabelle
Caffiene! Although the coffee is becoming easier, I can't even be in the kitchen atm while DH is brewing a pot, but Coke is still yummy as ever... gah!

July 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM
momroma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to momroma
Good question!!!!! I miss coffee....so badly! I got a keurig this winter and have gotten in the routine of making several different cups of coffee a day, all different fun flavors! So bad! I do miss it!

Trevor 14, Adelaide 11, Owen 7, Noah 4, Oliver 2 weeks!

July 1st, 2010, 07:04 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mykiddos View Post

Also hot baths are ok because the water cools off so rapidly that your body temp never really reaches 102 (unless you are constantly adding hot water lol)
My baths are really hot... like melt your flesh hot... I'm usually hot for like 20 minutes after I get out so I KNOW it raises my body temp. Sounds kinda miserable but it's just glorious for me! If I can't do it super hot I'd almost rather not do it

July 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is gong to sound pretty crazy but i have anorexia. i was getting better before I got pregnant but for some reason I start to panic whenever I weigh over 110lbs. usually stay around 105 to be safe. So the hardest thing for me to give up has been the scale. I havent stepped on it since i found out I was pregnant and i am going to ask the dr's not to tell me how much i weigh. I need to gain weight for the baby and wont risk it with the scale.

July 1st, 2010, 07:38 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilettos-N-Sippys View Post
My baths are really hot... like melt your flesh hot... I'm usually hot for like 20 minutes after I get out so I KNOW it raises my body temp. Sounds kinda miserable but it's just glorious for me! If I can't do it super hot I'd almost rather not do it
That sounds just like me! My husband calls them my "lobster baths." Ha, ha! I have to keep the water at a constant gazillion degrees. I miss those baths so much, especially when I'm feeling queazy. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon04NTaylor08 View Post
this is gong to sound pretty crazy but i have anorexia. i was getting better before I got pregnant but for some reason I start to panic whenever I weigh over 110lbs. usually stay around 105 to be safe. So the hardest thing for me to give up has been the scale. I havent stepped on it since i found out I was pregnant and i am going to ask the dr's not to tell me how much i weigh. I need to gain weight for the baby and wont risk it with the scale.
Hugs, sweetie! I have anorexia, too. I feel really ashamed talking about it, but I think it's important to try to reach out to and support people who struggle like I have/do. Good for you to give up the scale! It's hard to do, huh? I haven't weighed myself since my BFP either. Mostly out of fear of what I'll see. I think I'll follow your lead and ask my dr/midwife not to tell me how much I've gained. Hang in there!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
July 1st, 2010, 08:04 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I have a very yucky, very unhealthy,very likely to be the worst habit. I smoke. I've cut back quite a bit but I'm trying to stop completely. I quit cold turkey with DD and put my body into shock so the doctor advised to wean myself off. I quit until she was a week old. With DS I weaned myself again but never completely stopped 100% and snuck one here and there. I'm trying to wean again especially since I'm already bleeding and having low levels. I know it's wrong and selfish but it is definitely my worst "no no" and I struggle with it everyday.

July 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
Right now it is Mt. Dew. It is the only thing that breaks up my sinus drainage and gives me a little bit of a break from throwing up snot constantly. As soon as my sinuses stop draining, I will stop drinking it though.
July 1st, 2010, 08:20 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Subway and alcohol. My 21st is going to suck.
July 1st, 2010, 08:24 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caffiene for sure...I was doing good for me prepregnancy - coffee in the morning and sometimes a Mt.Dew in the afternoon...I taught kinder so I NEEDED it some afternoons! LOL I am still enjoying my coffee. And I have been craving coke zero...sooooo good. ~sigh~
And I do miss my wine. :/ I mean not miss it miss it, but I have had a couple days here lately with all that is happening in my life where I think man, a glass of wine and cigarette would be really great right now. I wasn't a chronic smoker or anything but I did like to enjoy one with a drink every now and then. Haven't had either since my BFP...don't even crave them.

And one I learned today is that I can't have medium or medium well steak. WTH! I cannot stand my steak well done! That is disgusting! So I am bummed about that...looks like 9 months without any yummy ribeye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie. View Post
Subway and alcohol. My 21st is going to suck.
I was preg for my 21st birthday.

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by sblades19; July 1st, 2010 at 08:26 PM.
July 1st, 2010, 08:29 PM
Violet21's Avatar Veteran
Baths are my weakness along with coffee and wine at times.

Last edited by Violet21; July 2nd, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
July 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
Treece's Avatar Knocked Up!
Sitting in the hot tub! My muscles get super inflammed and I have so much pain from my Arthritis that hot tubs or baths help me alot... I will miss them so much!

I miss SUSHI for sure... and my normal looking nipples!

I was a smoker but I cold turkey quit about 3/4 weeks ago. The first 3 days SUCKED but after that it wasn't that hard. I do still crave one occasionally, but with the cost and how unhealthy they are, it's so not worth it.

My mom smoked with me and her mom smoked with her... and we're all non-smokers now.. LOL

I can't give up caffeine, nope... I don't drink that much though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search