Qotd 7/2

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2010, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you always clean your dishes right away, or do you let them sit in the sink awhile?
July 2nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rinse and put in the dishwasher right away! I am paranoid about ants and stuff so I think it just reduces the risk of them coming in if there is nothing to eat! I also have to wipe the counters down after every time someone uses them. I hate crumbs!!
July 2nd, 2010, 05:37 AM
Jeriah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always rinse the dishes right away but we do let them sit in the sink till we unload/load the dishwasher after supper.

EXPECTING Nathan Morgan January 8th

Mason Lee April 21, 2009
Cameron Bazil May 28, 2007
Jeriah and Bradley May 31, 2003
July 2nd, 2010, 05:38 AM
Miracle BabyBlessing's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sigh...our dishwasher, which is only few years old, BROKE...AFTER it was fully loaded, soap put in, and ready to go! So since repair is coming tomorrow, we have to wash all those icky dishes! Wouldn't be so bad but DH had a soccer party for the World Cup last Saturday when it busted and it is jam packed!

Welcome to our Baby Girl Born January 19th, 2011!!!

(07/04, 02/06, 08/07, 12/07, 01/08, 09/09, 03/10)
July 2nd, 2010, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It depends on my mood lately I've been so tired and lazy that I've been letting them pile up until after dinner....Dh has been doing them, although he doesn't always rinse them well enough for the dishwasher, and I end up having to re-wash many of them
July 2nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Well we dont have a dishwasher so I always rinse the dishes really good right away and I do the dishes once a day.

July 2nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I have always had a thing about touching dirty dishes, so DH loads and unloads the dishwasher once or twice a week. They usually sit in the sink until he has time to do that.

July 2nd, 2010, 06:27 AM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
depends on my mood too...lately they have been sitting a while. We run our dishwasher 2-3 times a day so it isn't like they get to sit long.
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

July 2nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
It depends. I'd like to say I do them immediately - and sometimes I do - but other times, I get busy with the kids and put it off. Sometimes if I'm really tired, I'll leave the dinner dishes for DH, especially lately with my m/s.

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

July 2nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
Mommy2Aiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also usually run our dishwasher twice a day. So when they do sit it isn't for long. I put dishes in there every time I go in the kitchen. I would rather DH put his plate in the sink and let me do it then put it in there with a clean load or something crazy like that.

July 2nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
Cranberry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooh, I am kind of bad for letting them sit. Our dishwasher broke last month and I thought I'd be a hero and not need one - have extra space in the kitchen...

...I painfully regret that choice
July 2nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Super Mommy
It depends on my mood. Before I got pregnant, I would do a good job keeping up with it and make sure the dishwasher was loaded every night and started. But, since then I've been slacking and DH has had to do them several times. I'm slowly getting better about it again though.

July 2nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
We don't have a dishwasher. Gasp! I know, right? Dishes from throughout the day (breakfast, lunch, snack, drinking glasses, etc) get rinsed off and put in the sink. Sometimes I wash them while I'm cooking dinner and other times they get washed with the dinner dishes afterward. They don't sit overnight, though. A clean sink is a happy sink.
July 2nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I generally rinse them and put them in the dishwasher straight away. DH on the other hand lets them sit in the sink for a while.

July 2nd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do the dishes once a day, usually after dinner. So, the dishes we use during the day sit in the sink until I get to them after dinner.
July 2nd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
they sit. it drives my husband nuts but heck, if he wants clean dishes HE can take care of it! Lately Ive been so lazy that we are using paper plates. They just make more sense during the summer when all the kids are home every day for all meals.

July 2nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Crafty Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a dishwasher. They usually sit there a little while until we get to them.

Thank you, AlexAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy!

July 2nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually do them right away but with m/s, I rinse and then get to it when I can.
July 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
The dishes (plates and cups) go in the dishwasher right away. Since I always cook, DH is responsible for cleaning the pots and pans. He usually lets them sit and does them right before bed.

[/url]
July 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
sbobodalka's Avatar Super Mommy
most of the time they sit. But that is my teenage daughters job she has to load and unload the dishwasher.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search