Zofran=Severe Constipation??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Natalie1's Avatar Veteran
I had to get an IV and was injected with Zofran liquid due to severe vomiting over the past 24 hours today. The zofran has made my nausea go away, THANKFULLY, but now I am awoken from a nap with really really bad stomach pains. TMI, but every time I try to go, I just have a very little BM, like the size of a dime. My stomach hurts and I am trying to sip on apple juice to get things moving. You ladies have this side effect and what have you done to ease the constipation but not continue to vomit? Sorry.
Ava Victoria born 10 February at 6:04pm; 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long

July 4th, 2010, 10:19 PM
gratzie's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
The only thing I can suggest is drinking lots of liquids, which it seems like you're already in the right direction. Sorry hun, hope you get some relief soon!

July 4th, 2010, 10:27 PM
angelsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
zofran does cause constipation. i took it for a week and it was horrible. felt like nothing would help my constipation. it stopped when i stopped taking the zofran.

Z
July 5th, 2010, 12:25 AM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
My Dr just had me pick this medicine up, but I have not taken it yet.
Seems like if its not one thing its the other huh?
July 5th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
constipation is typically mild from zofran, but that coupled with dehydration from vomiting and being pregnant in general can cause constipation whether you're on zofran or not. i have taken zofran 3x/day for a year and it doesn't cause any constipation for me usually but since being preggo and throwing up more than normal for me (i have chronic nausea/vomiting), I have been pretty constipated, but colace works well to keep things soft (tmi, sorry) lol.

Thank you GraysMama for the beautiful siggy!
June 2nd, 2013, 10:02 PM
i started taking zofran to help with my morning sickness and it caused severe constipation. I was so miserable so i started taking miralax, eating fiber one bars, and activia yogurt. None of those worked. I have this awesome powder that the company i work for sells and it has 8 + servings of fruits and veggies. It is all natural too ( i am overly cautious about what i take during pregnancy). I started taking it again, just two little scoops to my juice in the morning and I was regular again in two days! I am really sensitive to tastes and smells during pregnancy and this powder either has an orange taste or a berry taste and when added to juice, you cant even taste it! Hallelujah! I can function again! I felt i need to share because being constipated is HORRIBLE! If anyone is interested let me know! awarren0856 at gmail dot com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search