who did you tell first?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 07:43 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy

September 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
SO, and then my best friend.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
September 20th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I told DH first and then we told my family. We found out on my dad's birthday and wanted to surpise them.

September 21st, 2010, 07:29 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
I told my hubby first. I took the test thinking that it was going to be a negative because I was only 10DPO. As soon as I took it I was mad at myself for wasting a test but then I looked down at it and *thought* I saw a faint line. I ran into the kitchen, hands shaking, because there is better light in there. Sure enough- there was a line! I made coffee for my hubby and took it to him. I handed it to him and said "I guess I'll be switching to decaf" and handed him the test. He was still half way asleep so it took him a minute to register what I said. It was so awesome.
We waited until this weekend and told our families. We're overseas so we had to do it through the internet, but it worked out really well.
I've also told a few of my closest friends. Before I got my BFP, I said I would wait until at least 9 weeks before telling anyone but I just can't keep my big mouth shut. I'm too excited!

Last edited by SimplyMrs.L; September 21st, 2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling
September 21st, 2010, 09:46 AM
Just hubby. Keeping it quiet for quite a while. I usually tell after the 20 week ultrasound (since I never look pregnant before 6 mths). I have 9 kids so really don't want to get all the questions and comments..
September 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't told anyone yet, but DH told his BFF at work. Stinker. He says it was because I was making him feel pressure to get some insurance stuff figured out, but I know in real life he just wanted to tell someone about it. We're waiting to get blood test results back before we tell our parents, and then I'm not sure when we'll tell the rest of the family and our close friends.
September 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
DH knows and the ladies in my JM Playroom, but that's it. I think we will wait till 6 weeks or so to tell family.
September 21st, 2010, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH was the first person I told, and then I told my two closest friends. We were actually out of town at my parents' house when I took the test. DH has trouble keeping this stuff to himself so he convinced me to tell my parents and then told his parents. Other than that we're waiting to tell people for at least a couple of weeks. Probably more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search