Names?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
I know it's super early, but is anyone already thinking about names? I've had a list of names for years. It has been constantly evolving and changing, but I really narrowed it down when we started TTC. My dh and I have never really talked about names so I brought it up at lunch today. He vetoed most of them but we agreed on a few. It will be interesting to see how our list evolves over the next few months.

September 21st, 2010, 09:19 AM
Expecting Baby #1
My DH and I decided 4 years ago we would name our girl Bella Naomi, but this WAS BEFORE Twilight came out and bumped that name to the most popular list I hated having 20 Brittany's, Britney's and Brittney's in my class so I don't know if I want to do that to our baby...LOL.
September 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had a running list since my very first pregnancy (which ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks). I had originally wanted to name my DD Kayla, but she ended up being Kara...which suits her. Now I have a niece named Mikayla, so Kayla is out, and I think Kara and Kayla would have been a mouthful anyway. I have a few girls' names that were options for Kara and DS (before I knew he was a boy)..but haven't discussed those with SO yet. I used my favorite boy name, Brady (which was meant to be sort of a variation of my brother's name, Brandon) on my DS, so I'm stuck when it comes to boys names....

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
September 21st, 2010, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're set on our boys name -Vincent Robert. It is DH's grandpa's name reversed. We are completely stuck on girls names. Everything I like, he hates and vice versa. We have a long ways to go to decide, though, so I am not too worried about it.

September 21st, 2010, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean Brittany! I'm Christina and I seem to know sooo many Christines, Crystals, Kristys, Kristina (which seems to be a more popular spelling in my area...people ALWAYS ask me "with a K?" when I tell them my name lol. I also get called Chris, Christy, or Tina quite often....and I always go by my full name so it's kinda annoying. The only person on earth that calls me Christi (he uses an I at the end) is my Dad!

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
September 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM
I just found this list of the top 100 names: Most Popular Baby Names 2009 - BabyNames.com

I'm excited because there are several names that I like that are not on the list or they are pretty far down. The two names we agreed on are not on either list at all.

September 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If we had to choose today, we would probably have a Henry or an Annie. Both old-fashioned family names, which we like. I also LOVE the name Caroline, but I don't know if I can talk DH into that one. I don't know why he's adverse to it. But our DS is Charlie, and DH didn't want that at first either. I dropped it after he didn't like it, but then about 2 hours before Charlie was born, DH brought it up again.

I also love Afton for a girl. Abe for a boy. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that.
September 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
I like Makenna and Gabriella for a girl. I have 7 boys so boy names are harder for me. I have 2 girls as well.
September 21st, 2010, 10:52 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
it took us ages to decide on a girls name and then we could never agree, good job we had a boy as it was decided even before we got pregnant

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

September 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
We are family namers. Jack, our son, is after my maternal Grandfather.

If it is a girl , she will be Olive Anne - after DH's grandmother.
If we are having a boy, it MIGHT be Will John - after my father, but it is a big MIGHT!
September 21st, 2010, 09:12 PM
wag2010's Avatar Veteran
Right now we have it narrowed down to Zachary Alan for a boy and Hailey Marie for a girl. I'm sure it will change a hundred times, but that's what it is now..

Zachary Thomas
May 25, 2011
7 pounds, 21 inches

September 23rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
I love Parker and Kennedy, Sarah! What do you guys think about Cannon for a boy? It's one of the ones dh and I agreed on: Cannon Reed. But I put it on a voting list on thebump and everyone voted no for it! I won't let that deter me when I make the final decision but I'd love some input.

September 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really like Olivia Rae or Harlow Rae for a girl and Oliver Ray and Soren Ray for a boy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search