Wow!! First prenatal appt. will be Monday, September 27th!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2010, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe they've scheduled me for an appointment so soon, but I'm happy about it! I'm going to a new doctor's office because we recently moved to a new place, and I let them know that I'm high-risk so I guess that's why she scheduled it for so soon? I'll only be like 4 weeks and 3 days. I don't know if they'll do an ultrasound or not. I've always gotten one at my first prenatal appointment (usually at 6 weeks) and have been able to see the heartbeat which is a huge relief, but I'm sure they can't see the heartbeat at only 4 1/2 weeks. I'm considering calling and asking to push the appointment back a week and seeing if they'll do an u/s. Just so I feel better since I do have a history with miscarriages.

September 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That is soon! I wouldn't think they would do an ultrasound that early, but you never. I will be 6 weeks 1 day at my first appointment, and I thought that was early. Good for them for making sure to keep a close eye on you. GL and KUP on how it goes!

September 21st, 2010, 08:02 PM
wag2010's Avatar Veteran
I have to switch doctors, too. When I found out my bloodwork was positive, they informed me my dr no longer delivers babies! Oh no! But I am using the dr my friend used to deliver and she loved her. So I am sure it will all work out..

My first appt is next Thurs the 30th. I won't quite be 6 weeks yet, but my dr does an appointment to go over family history and health risks then I'll have an ultrasound the week after.

This is my first and I haven't had any miscarriages or complications, but i can't help being nervous about the pregnancy. I hope this is normal! I just want to hear the heartbeat so I know it's all ok!

Zachary Thomas
May 25, 2011
7 pounds, 21 inches

September 21st, 2010, 08:38 PM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my first appointment on Monday. They just did bloodwork to test my cholesterol and all of that other normal stuff. They don't do the first ultrasound here until 9 weeks! I seriously don't think I can wait that long so I'm going to beg for one around 7 weeks. I will feel so much better when I hear that little heartbeat.
On that note- is anyone planning on buying a doppler. My friend is due in March and she got one and said she highly recommends it. I haven't decided yet....

September 22nd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with your appointments ladies. Mine is October 2nd. I had already had that schedule for a routine "lady exam" and so I called yesterday to let them know that I'm now pregnant just in case, they'd want me to reschedule for any reason. Nope! I get to keep my appointment date. Looking forward to it!

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
September 22nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyMrs.L View Post
I had my first appointment on Monday. They just did bloodwork to test my cholesterol and all of that other normal stuff. They don't do the first ultrasound here until 9 weeks! I seriously don't think I can wait that long so I'm going to beg for one around 7 weeks. I will feel so much better when I hear that little heartbeat.
On that note- is anyone planning on buying a doppler. My friend is due in March and she got one and said she highly recommends it. I haven't decided yet....
I, personally, won't be getting a doppler. I think they are great in the case that somebody has suffered multiple losses, but I think they can cause more harm than good. It's not always easy to find the heartbeat, and I have seen many women worry themselves unneccesarily when everything was fine, the baby was just in a bad position. Of course, it's an individual decision, but it's just not for me.

September 22nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Expecting Baby #1
My appt. is not until October 20th! If I thought the 2WW was bad, this is really going to stink. However, I did get confirmation that I will get an ultrasound that day, so I will try and be patient.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search