Tami's Pregnancy Journal

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2010, 04:26 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
Yesterday was officially one week since I got my BFP. It's so hard to explain the emotions that I have felt throughout this week. From total elation, to being terrified of something going wrong. Even though I've only known about my little bean for a week, I can safely say that I am completely and hopelessly in love with this little miracle growing inside me. I know for certain that the most important job I will ever have will be being a mom and I can't wait!

Symptoms: I'm feeling pretty good except for the occasional wave of nausea and dry heaves. I also have heartburn like crazy! But all I can say about the symptoms is bring them on! The more I feel, the more confident I am that this is really real.

I mentioned it an earlier thread, but I really want to focus on excercise and eating healthy during this pregnancy. Everything I have read says that being healthy and fit makes delivery and postpartum so much easier. Hopefully I'll be able to work past the exhaustion next week and get back into some kind of activity- at least walking- and maybe swimming. I'll be sure and update on that when it actually happens. I'm trying really hard to eat all of the required servings of whole grains, veggies, and protein but I'm definitely failing. I just don't have enough of an appetite to eat that much. My bloodwork showed that my diet is too low in protein but I'm not a big meat eater so I'm trying to find other ways to fulfill the protein requirement. Good thing I love peanut butter, beans, and almonds.

So far we have told our families and our very closest friends. I know some of the people we work with are getting suspicious but I'm trying to hold off on telling anyone else for a while. We'll see how well I do with that. I am just so overjoyed that I want to share it with the world.

I look forward to forward to reading other pregnancy journals and getting to know you ladies even better.

September 28th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks!!! Yay! Throughout the weekend and yesterday I was in such a state of worry. I've read so many sad stories on the message boards and I was just terrified that something similar was going to happen to me. It was really all I could think about. Last night, I prayed for God to give me a sense of peace about this pregnancy. I have felt so much better today. I know that constant worrying and stress is not good for me or the baby so I really felt like I needed to let it go. I know that this new feeling does not eliminate the possibility that something could go wrong, but it does eliminate the tenseness that I felt and it allows me to enjoy this magical time.

I've downloaded a few pregnancy apps for my Iphone and Dh and I have had fun looking at them before we go to bed. It's so funny how our whole world has changed in just a few short weeks. We were both worried about the decision to TTC because it's just been us for so long, but I know now that we are so ready for this next chapter in our lives. It makes me tear up just seeing how excited he is! It's awesome to look at the weekly pictures and talk about how our baby is developing. Before this, I never really considered just how amazing pregnancy is. Can you tell that I'm so in love with this little bean already?

I'm happy to report that I finally worked out today. I planned on going to the gym to walk on the treadmill yesterday, but I seem to get incredibly nauseous in the afternoon (and exhausted) and I just couldn't do it. Today, I was feeling a little better and I decided to swim laps. I'm not the best swimmer, but I've read how great it is because it's low impact. I did 10 laps (not much I know) which took me about 25 minutes. I would stop between every few and catch my breath. I felt so great afterwards. It's definitely something I'm going to keep up. I've come up with a tentative workout plan:

Monday- walk 3 miles, 30 minutes strength training
Tuesday- swim laps (I'm starting with 10 and hope to add a few each week)
Wednesday- walk 3 miles (incline treadmill) 30 minutes strength training
Thursday- swim laps
Friday- Walk Away the Pounds video, 30 minutes strength training

I got ideas for safe strength training from Babyfit.com. It's a spinoff by SparkPeople and it has a place where you can track your nutrition and workouts.I haven't had a chance to explore all of the features there but I'm determined to be as healthy as I can be throughout this pregnancy and I think this will really help.

Well- if you've made it this far, thanks for reading. If you're bored out of your mind, no worries! I really just want to use this as a record for myself so I won't be offended if you don't want to read it.

October 3rd, 2010, 05:59 AM
Well- project workout is going pretty well. Last week I completed 3 workouts- 2 swim sessions and a 2.5 mile walk. Not much but it is a good start.

I had good intentions of working out on Friday but then it turned into a pretty rough day. When I went to the bathroom at work I was spotting a little bit. It was dark brown and about the size of a dime. It completely freaked me out and I really felt like breaking into tears at that moment. Needless to say, I did not work out. Instead I came home and took a nap and then when I woke up I researched on the internet for a couple of hours. This is what I learned:

-brown spotting is normal and happens more often than you'd think
-brown usually means it's old blood
-you should be concerned if you see bright red blood or have severe cramping
-any spotting can be a sign of miscarriage. I read so many stories about women who had spotting who went on to have healthy pregnancies, but there were also stories about loss.

Overall what I read did reassure me as I have not had cramping or red blood. I'm also feeling optimistic because I have not had any more spotting since then. Despite what you read about it being normal, it can be incredibly scary. I've been praying all weekend that this bean is still healthy and that I'm going to be holding a beautiful little baby in my arms in June.

I plan on calling my doctor tomorrow to see what they suggest. I would really love if they would test my beta levels and give me an u/s but I'm not sure that they will. My regular ultrasound is scheduled for 9 weeks so I'm hoping they won't make me wait until then. I've read it in a few other posts and I have to agree that the waiting is the worst part.

I'll post an update as soon as I talk to my doctor- hopefully it will be good news!

October 10th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I realized that I never posted an update here so here goes:

I went for an ultrasound and blood work last Monday October 4. I was 5 weeks 5 days at the time. The ultrasound looked good. There was a gestational sac and yolk sac measuring correctly, but no fetal pole yet. They doctor did not seem concerned and told me to come back the following week.

I was feeling pretty good until I got my first beta levels back. My HCG was low for where I should be and, of course, I was pretty upset. The doctor chose not to repeat the blood draw because once the pregnancy has been established with ultrasound there is no reason to use HCG levels to measure the viability of the pregnancy.

Of course this goes against everthing I have read of other people's experiences who have continued to have the levels checked to see if they are doubling. So I know had a level on the low end but I have no idea if it doubled.

My follow up ultrasound was scheduled for Monday October 11, but was rescheduled to Tuesday the 12th. Thank goodness! I have been a nervous wreck and it's really all I can think about. I've been praying like crazy that we will see a beautiful little heartbeat. I will be 6 weeks and 6 days by then so we should definitely see it.

The crazy thing is my symptoms seem to be increasing. I started getting m/s last Wednesday- exactly at 6 weeks. It started off with nausea and dizziness but yesterday it escalated into full blow sickness. I couldn't keep anything down. I know you can still have symptoms even when things aren't going well but I'm hoping this is a sign that my little bean is growing the way he/she should be.I also have not had any spotting at all since the day of my last appointment. This is reassuring and I hope it's a good sign.

So now- I just wait.... I will post an update as soon as I get back from the doctor on Tuesday.

October 21st, 2010, 03:26 AM
I haven't updated here in a while so here goes:
We had a repeat u/s at 6 weeks 6 days and saw our beautiful little bean and that amazing little heartbeat. It was such an awesome experience and really relieved a lot of my anxiety. However, I am definitely more attached to the little bean more than ever and praying constantly that everything keeps going well.

Yesterday I hit the 8 week mark. Woohoo! It's hard to believe that I found out I was pregnant 5 weeks ago. I hope the next 5 weeks fly by so that I can done with the 1st tri and on to the 2nd. I'm also hoping the morning sickness will ease up. I've never thrown up more in my life! But I do remind myself that it's a good sign.

I won't have another u/s for a while unless I elect to do the NT scan. I really want to do it but I don't want to travel such a long way. I have to make my decision in the next few days.

Next week I'm going in so they can check for the hb with the doppler. I hope we can hear it. I'm still thinking about buying one to keep at home. I've heard some people say it can cause more anxiety while others have said it's the only thing that gave them peace of mind.

Our anniversary is next Wednesday. I'll be 9 weeks on our 9 year anniversary. I think that will be the day that I go public on my blog and FB. So many of my friends have announced their pregnancies on FB in the last few weeks and I can't wait to share my news with them. It will be so much fun.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search