Coffee?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are here any coffee drinkers here? How are you going to handle this during pregnancy? Drinking a small amount of regular or switching to decaf completely?

With my first pregnancy, as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I quit regular coffee and all caffeinated pop immediately. This led to some super-intese headaches. I stayed on decaf for years after...through both of my other two pregnancies (that first one ended in miscarriage) and started up with the regular coffee a couple years ago. I think this time around, I'm just going to wean myself off of it until I'm completely on decaf. I'm already getting headaches from the hormones, I don't want to make it that much worse. I've cut the amount of coffee I drink down to 1 regular-sized mug a day (as opposed to 1-2 double-sized mugs a day). Just wondering what the rest of you coffee drinkers are doing.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
September 24th, 2010, 07:57 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a coffee addict! Before I found out I was pregnant, I drank at least 3 cups a day. I quit cold turkey right after I got my BFP. I read alot about it and it sounds like 1-2 cups a day is okay so I think you are doing just fine. I'm just a worry wart so I decided to find an alternative to my coffee fix.
I don't have any regular decaf coffee here (have some on order) so I've been drinking General Food International French Vanilla Cafe (decaf). I haven't gotten any headaches so far so I think I'll be okay with the switch. I think I just need something warm to drink when I get up as more of a comfort thing than a caffeine thing. We'll see if it'll continue to hit the spot.

September 24th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
I am a coffee drinker, and am just limiting myself to 1 cup a day. It is already hard, but worth it in the end.
September 25th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Mommy2AandM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always drunk 12 oz. of coffee with milk each morning. (This began after DD was born.) I'm switching to 12 oz. of 1/2 caf. and no other caffeine at all from pop or tea or anything else the rest of the day.

formerly screen name "Audrey's Mommy"
September 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Coffee isn't my addiciton. Mine is tea. Sweet tea. And yes, I'm from the South. I've limited myself to only having it with one meal a day, but I'm thinking about cutting it out altogether because it's not going to help with my weight gain!

September 25th, 2010, 09:08 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No way will you take my coffee unless it's doctors orders. If I don't drink it with in an hour or 2 of getting up I'll have a massive head ache by the afternoon until the next morning. I only drink about 12 oz a day as it is, so I really don't think I have much to worry about.

September 25th, 2010, 11:06 PM
OnceMore's Avatar Regular
I just quit cold-turkey...I'm sure the Starbucks by my house is wondering why I have been MIA.
September 26th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I LOVE Coca Cola. I'm gonna wait to see if I can handle quitting the caffeine (and if everyone else can handle me!) before I break down and start drinking it again, but I'm gonna try to limit myself to a can a day.
September 26th, 2010, 08:46 PM
tiggers_best_buddy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just lurking here but wanted to say what my doctor said about soda and coffee to me while pregnant, I was told that 24ozs a day was fine but try not to go over it, if you did it was not a huge deal, he told me the man reason they worry is cause it actually dehydrates you so as long as you drink a gallon of water a day at the minimum you should be fine to drink your caffeine
September 27th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Amanda!

September 27th, 2010, 02:51 PM
tiggers_best_buddy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
your welcome Christina
September 27th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't drink coffee, but I loooooove me some sweet tea (and I'm not from the south!) Our McDonalds has it, so I don't even know if it's the real stuff like they have in the south but it's AMAZING. I only have it 1 or 2 times a week at most, so I am not too worried about it.

September 28th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybear4 View Post
I don't drink coffee, but I loooooove me some sweet tea (and I'm not from the south!) Our McDonalds has it, so I don't even know if it's the real stuff like they have in the south but it's AMAZING. I only have it 1 or 2 times a week at most, so I am not too worried about it.

I'm the same way! I loooove McD's sweet tea! I don't get it much but I think reading this has made me want to make a trip through the drive-thru today!

September 28th, 2010, 08:08 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would typically get an iced capp. from Tim Horton's 3X a week. I got one Wednesday and barely finished 1/2 I felt SICK!!!! So looks like the LO is looking out for his/her self.
Now just thinking about it has me nauseous.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search