I wouldn't want to work at an OB clinic.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a call from a nurse at my OB's office yesterday, and her voice sounded like she was ready to deal with a crazy woman. It could have something to do with my out-of-body experience the other day when I was on the phone with them, angry that they had let something fall through the cracks.

To make a long story short: I called two days after my first blood work to get the result. No one could find it at first. About 10 minutes later, someone found it and was concerned that my levels were low (I was not even 4 weeks at the time) and that I might need to be on progesterone, and told me I should have called a couple hours after my test for the results. But when I asked them what I should do when I went for the test they said they would call and it would be a couple days, which I thought seemed strange, but I went along with it anyway. My levels turned out to be just fine after a few hours of worrying that I was about to miscarry again.

ANYway... I think I had a good reason to be upset, but I don't usually have the guts to let 'em have it like I did. But then after the drama was over and I knew everything was okay, I was back to my usual pleasant self. Gotta keep 'em guessing.

But it made me wonder... What is like to work at an OB's office where you are constantly dealing with women who's hormones and baby concerns give them more guts than usual? I bet I'm not the only crazy person they're dealing with.

And before I post this, I would like to mention that last night was possibly the worst night's sleep of my life, and I am probably too delirious to be posting more than one word at a time.
September 25th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've wondered the same thing. It seems everytime I call my OBs office, anybody who answers sounds like they are having the worst day of their life. It's like, it can't really be that bad can it?

September 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sure its much worse being a nurse in a pedi's office
September 25th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny9987 View Post
I am sure its much worse being a nurse in a pedi's office
Yes, it could be! I always feel bad for the nurses who have to poke babies with needles.
September 25th, 2010, 01:54 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! Every time I call my RE office (I will stay with them until we see a heartbeat) the nurses are so pleasant and nice. Maybe though it is because if I call it is usually in the morning haha
September 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMama View Post
I'm sorry! Every time I call my RE office (I will stay with them until we see a heartbeat) the nurses are so pleasant and nice. Maybe though it is because if I call it is usually in the morning haha

yes, anytime i have to call any doctor, dentist etc, I always call as soon as they turn on the phones!! So they are chipper hehe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search