Just Curious - Is your OB....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Is your OB a man or a woman?
My OB is a man 7 46.67%
My OB is a woman 6 40.00%
My OB Practice has men and women doctors 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2010, 12:11 PM
no.absolutes's Avatar absolutelyNOT
Is your OB a man or a woman?

My OB is a man and I loooove him! I don't know if I could deal with a woman OB. I remember hating the women nurses in the hospital with their "been there done that" attitudes. In my opinion, a man (even if he is a father that has sorta went through it) treats it completely differently. I've also never felt uncomfortable with my OB as far as showing him the "goods". Plus DH and DS are always allowed in with me and we're all on first name basises. I love it

September 25th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctor is a man (he looks just like Phil Donahue, the old talk show host from the 80s), and he's awesome. He is the most caring doctor I have ever seen, and the nurse I see the most is great, too. I have seen a female doctor at his office, too, and I really liked her. I'm indifferent when it comes to the man/woman question, and "showing the goods" doesn't bother me a bit anymore after so many infertility exams (such joy). So for me, it really just comes down to finding a doctor who cares about my situation and who I know will take as much time with me as I need and answer any questions I have.
September 25th, 2010, 12:28 PM
no.absolutes's Avatar absolutelyNOT
I will say - when we were calling around looking for an OB 5 years ago with Grayson, no one would see me because I was almost 5 MONTHS *not weeks, sorry* along and had no prior care. Well, this practice is the only one that didn't care I hadn't seen anyone and didn't care that I didn't have insurance right when we started. Everything got taken care of when other practices turned me down, or wanted $500 cash up front. I really feel like everyone from the practice, nurses to office assistants, are amazing, and like part of my extended family!

Last edited by no.absolutes; September 25th, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
September 25th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't know yet! I have to go Monday to apply for the state insurance program. I am going to try to get a women doctor.
September 25th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Both of my OB's are men. In the practice I go to, you see each OB and the nurse practioner pretty equally, as they want you to get to know everybody. Whichever of the Dr.'s are on call delivers you.

September 25th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Mommy2AandM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like my guy. He's down-to-earth and really funny -- but still very professional.

formerly screen name "Audrey's Mommy"
September 25th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My OB is a man, he was my doctor for my last baby and he is AWESOME! Always lets me ask all my questions, doesn't make me feel rushed, etc etc. But this time when I went in I found he had added a woman doctor and I liked her just as much!
October 4th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Veteran
My OB is a man
EDD: 07/03/2013

October 5th, 2010, 03:45 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't picked an OB yet (I have to stay with my RE until I'm 7 weeks or so) but I 100% prefer my male RE to the woman RE I went to.
October 5th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The practice I go to is nothing but women. And I love it! They are absolutely fantastic, have been there for every concern and freak out with my first, and are all on board with #2. They even work hand in hand with my Family Doctor who is also a woman. So it's nice that all the care is the same.
October 5th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Veteran
I see a woman! And she is AWESOME!! I had a man last time whom I liked straight up until my last 2 months, but I would not be against another male ob.
October 5th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
MY OB is a woman and she is amazing. She was so encouraging during my labor with DS and she's so nice and understanding at my appts. I hope that I deliver this baby when she is on-call at the hospital, she was so great.

October 5th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't see an OB I see a midwife.

Brenda(43)wife to Henry(48)~ Mother to Nicky(23), Bradley(21),Randy(19),Cody(17),Dusty(16),
Chrissy(12), Jeremy(10),Destiny(7),Joey(5),Kailey(3),
Zackery(2)& Due 9/1/2011 w/#12! Grandma to
Brandon(2)& Abigail born 8/12/11!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search