Need your thoughts

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 04:33 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need your thoughts.

I was really wanting to tell my parents in person about us being pregnant since it is our first child and because they know about our TTC struggle. But for us to go it would be $400 in airfare (it is a 17 hour drive each way), $40ish in parking, $25 for someone to watch the dogs and missing work.

After it is all said it done it would probably end up costing us around $550-$600 to go. And we would only get to be there for 1-2 full days and then travel days.

Doesn't really seem responsible to go.

BUT I can't imagine not telling them in person.

What would you do?
September 28th, 2010, 06:06 AM
romasposa's Avatar Veteran
With my DS my IL's were out of town for Christmas. We emailed them a photo of the positive pregnancy test and called them to let them know that we had overlooked sending them a present and to check their email.
We stayed on the phone with them so we got to hear their reactions. It was almost as good as in person.

Do you have a webcam? With my second pg (1st m/c) my DH was out of town for work when I found out. I called him and told him DS wanted to show him something. When he got on the webcam, I gave DS the test and he held it up (as best as a 12 month old can) for DH to see.

If you have a flip video you could video yourself telling them and email it to them while you are on the phone with them.

Just some ideas...

However you do it, the moment will be special, whether in person or not, so just enjoy the moment. And CONGRATS again!!

September 28th, 2010, 06:48 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh was out of town. I took a pic. of the test and emailed it.
September 28th, 2010, 07:02 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same exact situation as you, and it kinda stinks. I think I might get them a grandparents picture frame, put a little note in the picture spot, mail it to them and just wait for the call. I know it's not the same, but it's still special.

September 28th, 2010, 08:42 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
email sounds like a great idea

September 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
Have you thought about doing it over Skype? You'd still get to see their reaction but it wouldn't cost you quite as much. It would be cute if you wore a shirt that said "I'm Expecting" or something like that and see how long it took them to notice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search