Progesterone dropping **updated

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls. I had my HCG and progesterone tested again yesterday, and my HCG is doubling as it should, but my progesterone has dropped from 20 to 13. I am now on progesterone supplements to help. I miscarried a few months ago, and when I had my blood drawn when I started bleeding (about 5 weeks), my HCG was only 50 and my progesterone was 1 or lower. (A viable pregnancy is 10 or more). So the outlook is much better than last time, but I am still scared. I really don't want to go through that again.

So, that's what's up with me. Hopefully the progesterone will help and we'll get to keep this one. I am SOOOO glad my doctor is watching my levels.

THURSDAY UPDATE:

Everything is fine! I've been so worried the past few days, but my progesterone was up to 23 today, and my doctor wasn't a bit concerned about the drop. (But on Monday, the woman I talked to from his office made me feel like there was little hope for a successful pregnancy, so you can imagine my relief when everything looked good day.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Hopefully the drama is behind me and I can just be excited now.

Last edited by Sneetch; September 30th, 2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Update
September 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
THat must be scary for you, but it sounds like your Dr. is on top of things. I am sure the supplement will help out! I will be thinking about you! WHen will you have another draw?

September 28th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
On Thursday. They want to give the supplements a couple days and see if it's working. Thanks for your nice words!
September 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! I hope little bean sticks!
September 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
romasposa's Avatar Veteran
I, too, had a m/c with low progesterone so I am on supps as well. Praying this does the trick to give us both sticky beans!!

September 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
thinking of you

September 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everybody!
September 28th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Hugs - I can't imagine what you are going through, but glad your Dr. is on top of the situation this time.

Keeping you in my thoughts, and sending you all my sicky bean vibes.
September 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Expecting Baby #1
You are in my thoughts and prayers for sure!
September 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much, ladies!! Seriously, I was feeling so discouraged and I guess I needed some encouragement. I am feeling a little more optimistic, because I am physically feeling more like I did a week or so ago, which I think is probably a good thing. And I also did a little reading to see if there was any connection between sugar intake and low progesterone, and I found something that said that if your cells have too much sugar in them, they won't absorb progesterone. So there's a good reason for me to be more careful and aware of how much sugar I am taking in.
September 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Mommy2AandM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with everything! I hope your bean sticks!

formerly screen name "Audrey's Mommy"
September 28th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Super Mommy
just wanted to say that I will be thinking of you and your little baby bean! Take care of yourself, it's good that you are researching and watching your sugar intake! Already a great mommy!! : )
September 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope your levels are better for your next test.
September 28th, 2010, 09:53 PM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sending prayers your way for a healthy and sticky little bean. Please keep us updated.

September 29th, 2010, 03:55 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you! I hope your next tests shows your levels are up. I have to take 1 200mg of prometrium vaginally twice a day to help keep my levels up. What do they have you doing?
September 29th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMama View Post
Thinking of you! I hope your next tests shows your levels are up. I have to take 1 200mg of prometrium vaginally twice a day to help keep my levels up. What do they have you doing?
I am on 200 mg once a day. I hope it's enough! I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow (he's been gone so it's been other doctors in his office handling this), so I'm sure we'll evaluate tomorrow. I'm so anxious!
September 29th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Flutterbug's Avatar Veteran
Praying for you and your little one!

September 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything is fine! I've been so worried the past few days, but my progesterone was up to 23 today, and my doctor wasn't a bit concerned about the drop. (But on Monday, the woman I talked to from his office made me feel like there was little hope for a successful pregnancy, so you can imagine my relief when everything looked good day.)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Hopefully the drama is behind me and I can just be excited now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search