First pregnancy and surprise; twins :)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 01:30 PM
sydneyshook's Avatar Regular
I am only eighteen years old and working a full time job now since I am not having enough time for college classes anymore and I am now expecting twins.

I am with their father and trying to make things work but sometimes, with all these raging hormones flowing through my 5'3" body, I am just crazy and wanna be left alone. haha, I heard that's typical though.

I find myself already having problems but it's most likely because i've never had children and my body has no idea what's going on and just keeps growing. I only have one parent supporting me with my decision to try and keep them until I know that it's impossible for me at this age. Honestly, I've never heard this happening to anyone my age.. if you have experienced this; please talk to me

Anywho, I find out what they are in two weeks and am pretty excited. My due date is March 20th but the doctors saying I'll probably have them before that. I am due to start bed rest around christmas. I just hope that I'll still be cute afterwards and be able to be a great mother even with being so inexperienced. I should really look into taking classes even though I've taken care of many babies, I want to know all risks and precautions to take. Any advice or suggestions would be wonderful

Thank you.
September 30th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Welcome to the March DDC...and WOW twins! Looks like we share the same due date although Im sure your going to have your twins before me
I just wanted to say that I think its amazing that your taking on the responsibilities of being a mom not only to 1 baby but 2. I was a teen mom so I know the ups and downs you will probably endure and I had no support, I was thrown into a marriage which thankfully has lasted for 22 years
I hope you stick around, these ladies are amazing with advice and support!

September 30th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
Hunny, I'm just as young as you, I'm only 20. Don't worry, you'll be fine. I have a friend who is 19 who just had B/G twins. She's a single mommy and doing just great. You just need to surround yourself with positive people and start evicting the negative ones asap, or you'll be miserable.

September 30th, 2010, 01:41 PM
douglas678's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to say... Congrats and Good Luck. Twins!! Sounds kinda exciting. I'm a first time mommy myself so, I really don't have any advice for you, but I'm glad you are deciding to take care of them yourself. That's amazing. And yes, us pregnant folk tend to be crazy. I find myself sometimes extremely goofy and my husband laughs at me a lot, then I get upset. LOL Welcome to the March DDC and like Stacey said, these women are amazing and very supportive!!!

Thank you so much Badydoll213. It's beautiful!

September 30th, 2010, 01:43 PM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You've definitely come to the right place for support and advice! The ladies here are so full of knowledge.

If it makes you feel any better....although it wasn't me, my daughters full time sitter was pregnant with twins at 16 and delivered at 17! She is a few years younger than me and her twins just turned 17. She married their father, and they have another son who just turned 11. She always talks about how hard it was....but she's been with their father throughout the years and they really made it work.

So...it can be done!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

September 30th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I am deeply in love with them already and I have faith that I can do it. I honestly believe that I wouldn't be given anything I couldn't handle...

I get a ultrasound every month now cause they can't measure them like a normal pregnancy, but the smaller one was kicking the bigger one in the head. :/ I really hope I can keep them in their long enough (and hopefully calm enough) till very close to my due date so that I can bring them home on the day of delivery. It'd break my heart to leave them in the hospital for months, weeks or even days :/
September 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM
ambielove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board.. and Congrats on the twins!! How exciting!! I was a teen mom also so I know it can be overwhelming, but believe me it can be done. I had my daughter at 16 and had my son at 19.. so I 2 in my teens! I wouldn't change my life for anything.. You can do it

Thankyou Caitlin for my beautiful siggy
September 30th, 2010, 04:09 PM
mommy2aidenjames's Avatar Veteran
I was in the same boat sweetheart. Still kinda am. I was 18 when I got pregnant with my son. Luckily, my husband and I had just gotten married, so I had support. I had to take on extra hours at work and I haven't been able to go to college yet. I'm expecting my second on the 20th also and I just turned 20. So stay strong sweetie. It will get better. Consider your twins a double blessing! I'll keep you in my prayers!

September 30th, 2010, 05:39 PM
AnnaGr8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there and welcome to our board! Double congratulations!
September 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Twice the blessings

I think you'll find that when they arrive, you kind of go into auto pilot and its just like you know what to do. It may be hectic at times, sometimes it is hard. I say that and I only have one at home and have never had a multiple pregnancy. Its just part of the game. With the stress though comes some incredible rewards! It is a very rewarding thing to be a parent . Just because your young does not make it impossible. It might add a bit of difficulty, but nothing is impossible! This is a great place for support too. After you finish with the due date clubs there are playrooms for all of us to continue to keep in touch. Great place for questions and things like that.

Good luck hun, welcome to the boards

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
October 1st, 2010, 12:18 AM
barbarella's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome. Twins that's fantastic news. I don't really have any advice as I'm a first time mum I would say just go with the flow

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 1st, 2010, 04:45 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats and welcome!

Things have a way of working things out

and OMG you will be cute after all of this, 18 year old's have a way of doing this
October 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Welcome to this board. I'm a first time mom.

Don't you worry about anything. Just keep baking the babies and you will be a great mom. This board is great place for support. Hang around and you'll see.
Good luck!!
October 1st, 2010, 05:35 AM
Adelyns_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you! There are so many different choices you could have choosen, it's not going to be easy, but just surround yourself with ppl who make you feel good and you will be just fine! Congrats on your LO's!!!
October 1st, 2010, 06:31 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the March 2011 DDC! Congrats on your lil ones! You have found the right place. There is a great amount of support, knowledge, and experience here. And we have tons of fun as well!!!!

Having one baby is a lot of work. Having twins is a TON of work, but you can do it! Love can make you stronger than you would ever think possible. And you said you already love these little ones.

I know you said you have one parent supproting you. Are you living on your own? Or with a parent or the father? I hope that you will have a great support system to help you with these little ones!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

October 1st, 2010, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MnAngel Send a message via MSN to MnAngel Send a message via Yahoo to MnAngel
welcome and grats! I had my first child at 17 years old and I was scared to death, but I had some of my family and friends to support me. I only had one child, but you're being gifted with 2, that's amazing. We are all inexperienced on our first pregnancy, that's a given, but if you take some parenting classes and are able to ask questions to ppl who already have children, you will be just fine. You're an adult and working right now anyway, while yu can, so just take a deep breath and you'll be fine.
I agree with the other ladies who are teling you to weed out the negative ppl, it makes a huge difference.
The wonderful ladies here are great and supportive, you are welcome to ask us anything!
Looking forward to getting to hear about more of your pregnancy!

October 1st, 2010, 08:28 AM
I live alone with my boyfriend, but yes. My father is more supportive than my mother but every one of my friends and co workers are so excited. Yesterday, I was cleaning at work and felt a swift pain. Kinda like a shifting inside my stomach, and you could see one side of my stomach hang down lower than my other. When you pushed up against it, you could feel one baby. baby A, if I am correct Thank you all for your blessings and support. <3
October 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome And congratulation x 2

October 1st, 2010, 09:19 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Congratulations!! Welcome to the board.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM
HeatherW's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI and welcome to the club!!!! Do you have an ultrasound pic to share?? I'd love to see some twinies!!!!!! I don't think we have very many mommies in here expecting twins.

Tags
eighteen , pregnant , twins , young

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search