Devastated

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
So I had my first prenatal appointment today and the test came back positive for pregnancy, which is great. But then he goes to do an ultrasound. He does not see anything. Then he sees something he thinks is the sack in my tubes, but is unsure. So I went to another room where they think it is a cyst, but they are unsure. So I had to go get blood done, and then I am getting it done again on Monday. Only then will we have some sort of an idea.

It might be an eptopic or it might be too early to see anything. Either way, I have a bad feeling about this and I may be leaving you girls.

After 2 years of TTC my heart is in a million little pieces right now. With the doctor being so unsure, I am scared to death. There is still that chance everything is ok, but why have hope if it all turns out bad? I am hurting so bad right now.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Oh sweetie, I wish I was there to give you hugs, and more hugs. I can't imagine what you are going through right now, but my heart is breaking for you. I know these next few days waiting are going to be rough, by try and keep yourself busy, as you said there is a chance of everything being okay.

All my thought and prayers are with you and your baby.
October 1st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Super Mommy
I will pray for you and your little bean. Take good care of yourself the next few days... I am hoping everything is just fine and it may just be too early to see anything on u/s. Lots of hugs your way.....
October 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
I have been crying non stop since I got home. I am so hoping everything is ok. I have never lost a pregnancy before and I am scared to death of it being an eptopic pregnancy. It hurts so bad.

October 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear about this! Even if everything turns out completely fine I hate that you even have to go through this waiting and worrying. It definitely could turn out to be absolutely nothing and just be too early, but I understand you not wanting to have false hope just in case. I'm like that too, and it drives DH nuts. I'll be thinking and praying for you. Please update us ASAP!

October 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my. I really hope it's just too early to see anything. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! KUP

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
October 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully Monday will bring good news.
October 1st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry. Praying for you and sending hugs!!

7/24/12
10/09/12
October 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am surprised they did an ultrasound on you so early? You shouldn't be able to even SEE a sac in your uterus until your HCG levels are at least 1000, you aren't 5 weeks yet, so that could be another few days!!! Why did they scare you? It could genuinely just be too early to see anything. Also, you could have ovulated a little later than you thought you did and you might be closer to 4 weeks instead of 5 weeks The other thing is that if it was ectopic- you wouldn't be able to see it in your tubes on an ultrasound this early?! I am really surprised they scared you so bad!
NOW I would try to focus on the positive things that you have going for you as much as possible, I mean- there are 2 very good reasons why your ultrasound might not have showed a sac yet. Also, your doctor is being proactive and doing blood-work that they might not have done in some offices (wait and see policy's)
If it turns out to be ectopic, don't be scared- I had an ectopic pregnancy. The most important thing is catching it early!!! These days they can give you an injection than takes care of the ectopic pregnancy without surgery, or your tube exploding. Its MUCH safer, and while emotionally devastating, it leaves you with your tubes intact for future babies
Also, don't worry about the Cyst, if that's what it is. I have cysts all up and down my fallopian tubes, and they have never caused me any problems.

Mostly- take a deep breath, and focus on being positive- Didn't you just get your BFP like on Monday? If your HCG level was, lets say 100 and the numbers double every two days like they are supposed to...then your number today would only be 400!!! Thats not anywhere NEAR close enough to see anything on an ultrasound Focus on that!
October 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree, I think it was too early for an u/s. kup

October 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Medical Imaging Information • Sound Medical Imaging NH

This site was really helpful! Were you tracking ovulation? Do you know for sure how many dpo you are?
October 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I did barely get my BFP last Saturday, so hopefully that is it. It's just that we have been trying for 2 years to have this baby. I am praying so hard. I'll keep everybody updated.

October 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh god hun! Hang in there , I bets its just to early to see anything ! I will keep you in my T&Ps ! **HUGS**

October 1st, 2010, 07:17 PM
Oh gof I hope that website is correct. I am haing slight twinges and little cramps in my lower back now though. I hope this is normal too. I am just so scared.

October 1st, 2010, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't be too concerned about the cramping and twinges- read the posts on cramping on here, we are ALL doing it It can't be bad if everyone is having cramps
October 1st, 2010, 08:32 PM
Flutterbug's Avatar Veteran
I also think it was way too early for an u/s! Hang in there!!

October 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
BIG HUGE

I am so, so sorry that you are going through this. I can't believe they did an ultrasound at just barely 5 weeks along. That seems way to early and there are so many things that can effect it. If you uterus is tilted, or if your bladder was too full/not full enough. Also, from everything I read, cysts can be totally normal, so I wouldn't get myself concerned with that just yet. I know it is so much easier said than done, but try to relax and don't give up hope. There is no reason your doctor should have worried you this much, this early on.

I will keep you in my thoughts, and I really hope that Monday's test results bring you some good news! We are all here for you, so lean on us whenever you need!

October 1st, 2010, 10:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything great to add, but I think these girls are right that it's SOOOO early for an ultrasound. With DS, my fertility doctor didn't even do the confirmation U/S until 7 or 7 1/2 weeks.

I think sometimes medical professionals don't realize that something that is so routine for them (this whole pregnancy thing), is new for us and that we have feelings on the line. I had a scare this week, too, and everything turned out to be just fine. So I'm hoping and praying that everything it okay! Keep us posted!
October 2nd, 2010, 01:09 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I am sending prayers your way. Please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search