My trip to Motherhood Maternity

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
Expecting Baby #1
I told myself I would be good and not buy ANYTHING pregnancy or baby related until I saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks. However, I did not plan on my pants not fitting at 5 weeks 3 days I bought 2 Bella Bands and some Preggie Pops for morning sickness. Since this is my first, it feels so weird to walk into the maternity store. I was waiting for them to tell me to leave since I don't look pregnant..just fat..LOL. There were a whole bunch of preggies in the store and they all flocked to me like they knew it was my first. It was hilarious. I was being pulled in all directions and being given advice about my baby and body from complete strangers. My husband sat back and observed and as we left he started cracking up at the way everyone was so excited about the baby and they didn't even know us. My husband enjoyed the shopping trip because he saw that the NFL has a maternity line, so I can wear Seattle Seahawks gear right until I am about ready to pop.....YESSSS!!!!! Anyone else sporting the Bella Bands yet?
October 3rd, 2010, 08:28 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
What a fun experience! Don't worry- I have ordered Bella Bands and a bunch of maternity stuff from Old Navy. Everything was 40 percent off so I got tons of good deals that I could not refuse! None of it has come yet but I will be happy when it does-especially the Bella Bands- my jeans and work clothes are definitely getting tight.

October 3rd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am using the bella band, but only because it hurts when my jean dig into me. I need to get 1 or 2 more pairs of jeans and a couple more long sleeve shirts, but otherwise, I am pretty much set as far as maternity clothes go.

October 3rd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's so fun that you got so much attention!!

I didn't even look pregnant until about 7 months with DH, and I have clothes left over from last time (except that I don't like them anymore.... hmmmm). I will put off buying anything until I really need it. I'm just not as excited about maternity clothes this time around. But maybe that will change. With my first, I started wearing maternity clothes WAAAAAY before I needed them. I was just so excited, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops!

However, I might look into Chicago Bears stuff now that I know the NFL has maternity clothes. My husband would love that.
October 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to go get some new clothes! I love Motherhood Maternity, the ladies are always so nice.

7/24/12
10/09/12
October 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am good on shirts, luckily I like flowy shirts anyways, and all I need are pants and some sweaters. I've gone down 4 sizes since DS was born, so all my old pants are just way to big.
October 3rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got a maternity top off old navy.com cause it was super cheap...but I have bought a few non-maternity loose fitting tops and pants so I have room to grow and stuff to wear after the baby. I hope I can wait till after Thanksgiving before I get real maternity stuff. This is my first so I totally don't know what to expect, but I am rather short 5'4 with a super short torso so I'm thinking I'll probably need them sooner than the average person.

October 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Mommy2AandM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The maternity clothes from my first pregnancy were given to Goodwill looong ago. I wore the same 6-7 tops and 5 pairs of pants the whole pregancy! I was SICK of them. HOWEVER, I wish I had kept the jeans and a pair of black pants I remember being so great. They didn't have a panel, but they expanded at the waist as you needed it. I can't find any like them now!

I've bought 1 top, a Bella Band, and 1 pair of black pants. I didn't use a Bella Band last time, but I had lost about 10 pounds before this pregnancy, so I have quite a few pairs of pants that are a little large -- just right with the Bella band for a good long while I hope!

formerly screen name "Audrey's Mommy"
October 3rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had a good experience.
I'm still wearing maternity clothes from my last pregnancy ( she's 13m old. )
October 3rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Regular
So I took my maiden voyage into Motherhood today too, as we cruised the outlet mall for spring stuff on clearnace to save for when I need it. I too was delighted to see that for $25 I could still wear a Saints shirt up until the day of delivery. (Very important here in New Orleans But it was so funny because even though I was just trying to plan ahead and by smart with seasonal sales, I still felt like that perverbial girl who wears maternity clothes from day one cuz I do not look the least bit pg. I felt like I should have a sign that says "I'm just trying to buy cheap and save for later so don't judge me!" I was bummed to see that the Motherhood outlet was not a penny discounted off the regular price, so with that I left and went to Kohls, where I hit their maternity line, "Oh Baby, by Motherhood Maternity" and shopped the 80% clearance rack with a 30% off coupon for having a Kohls charge. So... I got 4 pairs of capris for spring, two pairs of winter pants, two blouses for work, and also two work shirts for my hubby for a grand total of $58. The receipt said "You saved $226!" Plus I got a $10 Kohls cash to use in the next 2 weeks. Tuesday night we're gonna hit the other Kohls in the opposite direction and try and replicate my success with the clearance maternity rack in that store too. Way too fun!
October 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Expecting Baby #1
Kohls is crack to me. I love looking at the receipt and seeing how much I saved. You cannot beat their clearance. Just talking about Kohls got me all excited.
October 4th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to have to buy a Bella Band soon.....my pants are getting snug, though I know it's just bloating. I'm a big girl anyway, so I'm hoping it won't be too hard to find plus-sized maternity clothes. I think a Bella Band will hold me for a few weeks at least

Glad you had such a good experience at Motherhood! And now I'm totally going to check out Kohl's!

October 4th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Expecting Baby #1
@ Lynley- I am plus sized too and I did some looking around this weekend. I was not able to find alot of plus sized maternity in store, but JC Penney and a ton of other sites carry Plus Size Maternity online. YAY!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search