Who have you told?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only told DH, my stepsister, and someone at work. I only told my stepsister and person at work in case if something serious goes wrong I will have someone to tell. That away they know what is going on.

I think DH and I are going to wait til after our 1st trimester to tell our parents, sister, and brothers. OR We may even wait til after the anatomy scan. I think that would be neat to tell our parents at Christmas and let them all open up a gift. I think I will feel comfortable about buying stuff by then. We will tell the rest of our family and friends after 20 weeks.

Who have you told? When do you plan on telling everyone else?

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
October 3rd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have told my parents, one of my sisters and my 2 best friends. I called my mom to just talk to her and she said "Is there something you want to tell me?" LOL My mom is physic I guess, she did that with the other 2 also.

7/24/12
10/09/12
October 3rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, my brother kept asking me if I am pregnant. I kept telling him no. He said my DH told him we were trying. LOL

I told him no we aren't allowed to ttc until December and that I just had bw done on the 21st of September and it was still negative. I am hoping I don't start showing too soon b/c that will make it hard to hide.

Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

Mommy loves you!

October 3rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
mommyakawifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No one! They would think we were crazy for getting pregnant so fast again. It sucks because I show super fast too and I wont be able to hide it past 12 weeksish.

Missing my brother everyday- 1985-2011~I love and miss you so much
Essure permanent birth control procedure done 5/24. My family is now complete<3
October 3rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have told our parents, and brothers and each have told 1 close friend. Our parents (especially mine) spread the news to the rest of the family. I will announce to all of my friends on FB once we have our first u/s.

October 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My parents know and my cousin and his wife know. We'll tell everyone else after our ultrasound.
October 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have told my mom, two friends from back home, a friend up in maine, and a friend here as well as the dad. I'm waiting to tell anyone else, but I will have to tell my personal trainer friday for my workouts to be altered.
October 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my parents pretty much right away. I tell them almost everything & I mentioned to my mom that I was thinking of waiting to tell her and surprise her with the ultra sound she said, "I would of killed you!" LOL She doesn't like surprises & I know if I miscarry I would need her support anyways.

We have also told my sisters, his parents, brother & I told 2 friends. I usually don't mind telling the people I know would be caring & compassionate if I m/c right away.

But I'll definitely be waiting til atleast the ultra sound if not longer to post it on facebook or anything like that.

October 3rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I really didn't want to tell everyone yet but hubby spilled the beans to all of his friends and I had just told my sister , close friends and Mom and Dad.

I told FB already and I really hope nothing goes wrong now . We told everyone right away with our other 2 . Got my fingers crossed that all goes well from here on out!

October 3rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 3 best friends know and that's it. We'll tell my family (mom, s-dad, bro & sis) after my first appointment. His family will find out early November which is earlier than I want to tell them, but it will be the only time we'll see them before next year. Everyone else will find out right around thanksgiving cause it's only a week or so before my 2nd trimester.

October 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses!

Glad that I am not the only one waiting at least to tell some people. Although I think from the sounds of it, I will be waiting the longest.

I told my mom before when I got pg again I didn't know if I was going to tell her right away. She told me I better, but I just don't want to feel like I am letting her down if something does happen. I feel bad for not telling her. I think she will just freak out even more since the dr. never actually cleared us to ttc. She is a worry wart and over analyzes everything.

Mommy loves you!

October 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
SoonToBe3's Avatar Making room for #3!
As of today, everone knows. lol

October 3rd, 2010, 03:44 PM
I told my boyfriend, my parents and my best friend. I won't be telling anyone else until I start to show. :]
October 3rd, 2010, 04:16 PM
Mommy2AandM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My extended family knows, but DH's side knows nothing. He wants to wait until the first u/s. We may wait until I show up "showing" at Thanksgiving! I wanted to call them the same day we told my parents (they live farther away), but he didn't want to!

formerly screen name "Audrey's Mommy"
October 3rd, 2010, 05:47 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
dh, mom, sister and a bunch of strangers on message boards.
Don't know if dh has told the world yet or not. I emailed him a pic. of the test so he could have just forwarded it to everyone.
October 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Regular
Best friend out of state and DH. I don't want ANYONE in town knowing or gossiping until I tell my principal (I'm a teacher, and just transfered schools this year) because principals want to know what your plan is and I don't have one yet. I've almost spilled the beans to my two assistants on multiple occasions when things that never bother me are suddenly making me gag. (I teach preschoolers with disabilities and wipe alot of poo and snot per day) We'll be mailing out a little announcement card to long distance family and friends immediately following first ultrasound and confimation that everything looks good so far. Trying to keep my 19 year old step son who lives iwth us in the dark since he'll blab to everyone, which is hard when I'm sleeping after school and not interested in dinner. I'll be so glad to have u/s and be able to let it out and quit stressing about letting it slip.
October 3rd, 2010, 10:06 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah519 View Post
Best friend out of state and DH. I don't want ANYONE in town knowing or gossiping until I tell my principal (I'm a teacher, and just transfered schools this year) because principals want to know what your plan is and I don't have one yet. I've almost spilled the beans to my two assistants on multiple occasions when things that never bother me are suddenly making me gag. (I teach preschoolers with disabilities and wipe alot of poo and snot per day) We'll be mailing out a little announcement card to long distance family and friends immediately following first ultrasound and confimation that everything looks good so far. Trying to keep my 19 year old step son who lives iwth us in the dark since he'll blab to everyone, which is hard when I'm sleeping after school and not interested in dinner. I'll be so glad to have u/s and be able to let it out and quit stressing about letting it slip.
Lucky for you 19 year old boys are pretty oblivious to what goes on around them!

October 3rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
We've told our families and most of our close friends. I won't announce it on Facebook or my blog until I make it to the second trimester.

October 4th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Veteran
My DH and my mom.
EDD: 07/03/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search