Talked to my oncologist & need to vent about my obgyn

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, so I had spotting and cramping on Thursday and went to the ER. The ER dr. talked to my obgyn. My obgyn told him to have me come in on Monday or Tuesday. I called my ob's office today and the nurse said something about coming in on Wednesday for bw. I was hoping to get the bw done sooner b/c they won't have the results til Friday. GRRRRR!!!! The nurse didn't even talk to the dr. to see what he wanted to do. She kept telling me I need to call St. Louis and find out what they want to do next.

I am sure I am blowing this out of proportion, but it is really aggravating me.

Sorry ladies, I just needed to vent.

OK I am so glad I got that phone call over with!!! I talked to my oncologist. She was really nice. It is just that a**hole I was really worried about.

Protocol for me:

Do early u/s when hcg reaches 1200 (?) or 1500. I think she said at 1200 we should see the sac and if it is above 1500 we should see more. I am guessing my hcg is already that since it was 823 on Thursday. Wouldn't you ladies think?

If it does show a sac we will treat it as a new pg. If my hcg decreases or plateaus I will still need an u/s to see what is going on. If it doesn't increase then I would need a D&C right away to have it sent to pathology. I forgot to ask if it isn't a new pg. if they would do chemo. OOPS!!!

She said I don't even have to drive there. My obgyn can follow my care. She just wants me to report back to her by phone!

I asked her about molar tissue growing back or if there could still be molar cells in there. She said according to MOST research it should be gone and shouldn't grow back, but there have been a few cases that show it with a normal pregnancy. If I carry to term, I will need to have my placenta sent to patholgoy b/c it could have molar tissue.

I think that is basically it. When I talk to my obgyn on Wednesday, I am going to tell them that my oncologist wants an u/s on Monday. That away they don't try and argue and push it back. I will be 5w6d on Monday. Do you think that Monday is way too early to have one or should I wait another week when I am 6w6d? My oncologist just said to get an early u/s. She didn't specify how early. I told her they were going to schedule an appt on monday and asked her if that would work and she said yes.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."

Last edited by LisaG825; October 4th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
October 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a rollercoaster!

I, personally, would probably wait at least 4 or 5 more days. I would hate for you to go in and not see a heartbeat, as I am sure that would cause much more worry, and if you wait a week, you should most definitely be able to see one. Even 6 weeks and a couple days.

Good luck and KUP!

October 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I meant get one on Monday (week away) or wait two weeks! LOL

Monday I will be 5w6d and a week from Monday I will be 6w6d

Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
October 4th, 2010, 06:50 PM
sophiesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
popping in from may ddc again... i had an u/s at 5w6d (my doc thought i was 6w6d because they wouldnt listen to me about my dates) and all we could see was a gestational sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole. i had to go back at 7w0d and baby was measuring at 7w1d and we heard the heartbeat at 126 bpm. i would personally wait the extra week so you know youll hear the heartbeat. the week between the two u/s was not fun!

Thank you Meganpixelfor my awesome siggy!

"you are the best thing that's ever been mine"
October 4th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree hun ! i know the wait will be hard but I think it will be better if you wait it out . That way you will be able to see the baby and hear the heartbeat.

Your doc will know whats best though . BIG hugs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search