O/T - T&P's please. (death mentioned)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A good friend of my SIL just lost her husband yesterday. He was an Air Force EOD technician, who was deployed to Afghanistan in late August, and unfortunately, will not make it home.

They had just been married 4 months ago, and while I don't know either of them personally, I know that everybody who knew him and loved him is hurting right now. I can't even begin to imagine what his family is going through, so if you could spare some T&P's for his wife, family and friends, it would be greatly appreciated.

I think the saddest thing about it all, for me, is that either the day he died, or the day before, his wifes FB status was something along the lines of "Dear Air Force, if you choose to send my husband home early, like tomorrow, that would be ok with me. Please take that into consideration" only to have her whole world shattered just a day later. I hurt so badly for her, I couldn't even begin to imagine my life without my husband and they never even had the chance to get started.

Thanks in advance for your kind thoughts and prayers.

October 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
As a fellow military wife, this really hits home to me. I have seen so many wives go through the loss of their husbands and it is heartbreaking. She and her family will definitely be in my prayers tonight.

October 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Super Mommy
My husband just returned from Afghanistan 3 months ago and I was afraid I would lose him every day.... My heart breaks for this woman. I will keep her in my prayers and thoughts and her family....
October 6th, 2010, 10:22 AM
SoonToBe3's Avatar Making room for #3!
Oh my, I have so much respect for those ladies! They are far more stronger than I am. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with her and the family. I am so sorry to hear that. Pure heartbreak.

October 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My thoughts are with her family

7/24/12
10/09/12
October 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
thinking of her and her family

October 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
PennyLane1121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for her loss. My sons father is there now, and even though we aren't together, I worry about him everyday. I really feel for her. I will pray for her and her family.

October 6th, 2010, 12:39 PM
kinsleesmama's Avatar Veteran
I'm praying for the family.

October 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's so heartbreaking. I've never been the wife or girlfriend of a military man, but I am the daughter of one. I constantly worried about losing my Dad anytime he went away, whether it was overseas or TDY...if he wasn't home, I worried. I think part of me subconsciously stayed away from dating any military men, because I just don't know how I'd be able to handle the love of my life being so far away and in dangers way. For all those women that do, bless your hearts, you're stronger than I am.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
October 6th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies! I think that too many people forget the sacrifices that not only our soldiers make, but their families as well. I just couldn't imagine being in the position his wife and family are in right now.

October 6th, 2010, 01:58 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This strikes an extra chord with me today. A guy that had done a lot for our church died very unexpectedly yesterday and he was quite young (well under 50). Today I told DH that I never want to feel the way that she did last night as she closed her eyes... if she was able to.

I'll certainly be praying for your SIL's friend and his other family/friends.
October 6th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no ! My husband just deployed today , he is on a Submarine and I know how scary it is. I will keep them in my T&Ps for sure hun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search