How did you tell DH?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Veteran
So I am curious...

How did you all tell DH that you were pregnant? I have not "officially" told mine yet and would love some ideas
October 7th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have to - he was right there with me reading the test! I kinda wish I could've surprised him, but I'm not very creative, so it's all for the best!

YouTube actually has a lot of videos of women breaking the news to their DHs - check it out!

Good luck and congratulations - welcome to the board!

October 7th, 2010, 04:59 AM
PennyLane1121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He was asleep on the couch and I took a digi so his non trained eye wouldn't say there is no line. I woke him up with the words Pregnant in his face. He said it was like an old cartoon where it goes all red and the words BAM or POW are on the screen. Hahaha. It was cute.

October 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The bf and I were in the middle of a fight, talking about breaking up, and i handed him the test. haven't spoken to him since monday.......
October 7th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH was joking around and said "I'll knock you up" and I said "You already did that!"

7/24/12
10/09/12
October 7th, 2010, 05:56 AM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He was outside with his friend, and I told him he needed to come upstairs I had to show him something!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

October 7th, 2010, 06:20 AM
kinsleesmama's Avatar Veteran
I took a pic of the test, and sent it to him in a text message and said guess what?

October 7th, 2010, 06:24 AM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last pregnancy, I bought dh a bib that said daddy. I also bought a card that said who will the baby look like? On the inside it said, " someone loved." I also put the digi in the bag too.

This pregnancy I decided not to buy anything because of the reminder. My last pg ended in a m/c so I didn't want to buy something and have to look at it all the time.

I just sent him a text of the picture.

**If you have a pet, you could dress your pet in a shirt that says daddy on it or something like that. Or if you have a child already you could have them put on a shirt saying that they are going to be a big brother/sister.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
October 7th, 2010, 06:28 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a 15 month daughter, and I got up early to POAS, then shortly after she woke up, so I capped the test and handed it to her and we went and woke Daddy. I said, "Good morning Daddy, we have something for you." and she handed him the test that said "Pregnant". He had the biggest grin!

October 7th, 2010, 06:33 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovnMyLabs View Post
The bf and I were in the middle of a fight, talking about breaking up, and i handed him the test. haven't spoken to him since monday.......
Oh no! I am sorry to hear this. Do you think you will be able to work it out? Is he your son's father also? How are you doing with this?

October 7th, 2010, 07:05 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I told him twice...

The first time I POAS with him there. The line came up soooo faint and he said the line didn't look real. I don't know what a fake line looks like so I started screaming at him(not in a mean way)..."NO, IT'S THERE I SEE IT! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" and he was completely in disbelief.

So the next day I took a FRER and put it on top of a gift bag I left in the bathroom. When he finally woke up (the only day of the year he slept in, uhhh) he found the gift and came down stairs with a smile. I think he believed then. BTW, this was my original plan, but I was too impatient to wait for him to leave to POAS the first morning.

October 7th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well as i said when I first joined all my plans were shot straight to h*** when I POAS in the Walmart bathroom. LOL

My friend was with me at Walmart so she knew first then I told my sister (BeckyOberry) and I was gonna think of some great way to tell him but I walked in the front door and he was standing there and I said LOOK!!!

He was half asleep from a nap and he said thats good ,I'm gonna go lay down upstairs ,tell me again when I get up lol

I was disappointed but he doesn't really get excited about stuff till its happening . So when he comes home and can tell I'm pregnant or feels the baby move he is reserved .

Wish I had thought of a better way lol

October 7th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Regular
Well DH and I had been up playing Mario Kart that Saturday night and it hit me I had a FRER from my pg with K. Yes it was almost 5 years old and expired. We decided I'd take it first thing in the am. I was certain it was going to be BFN, since DH was terribly sick during what I thought was my O and out of town constantly too. Took it first thing and it was a faint line but def readable. He got all huffy and said I don't believe your expired test, we need to go now and get a 'good' one. So off I went and got home with another FRER, went potty, waited the three minutes and I came back out with a BFP and he was just sitting waiting. I said it's BFP and we hugged for awhile, K came up and joined and it was a group hug Of course she had no idea why we were hugging
October 7th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We took a walk together last night and I told him! He's excited.

October 7th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRN View Post
Oh no! I am sorry to hear this. Do you think you will be able to work it out? Is he your son's father also? How are you doing with this?
No DS has a different father. His father isn't in the picture by his own choice. So, I have kinda chalked it up to well, if I can support one, then I can do two. That's all I can do. I'm not going to cry over it and stress myself out more, ya know? It sucks though because we were actually TTC.
October 7th, 2010, 08:19 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I left this on the counter for him to find!

The book is awesome for geeky first time dads, btw!

October 7th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Regular
I had grand ideas of creatively telling my husband in a way that would give us a cute story to recall for years... but, instead, I just started screaming for him from downstairs to come see if he saw the same line I was seeing. I guess after so many BFNs were I was straining to see a line that never existed, I didn't trust myself to clearly recognize a real line.
October 7th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had all of these plans about how I would put a hamburger bun in the oven and stick a little peice of paper into it with a toothpick with our due date on it and wait for him to find it but instead I just was too excited so I cam out of the bathrrom and said "Congrats, daddy of 2!" and handed him the test.

October 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Ashl3y
I wanted to think of a somewhat cute way to tell him and one night we went out to walk our dog and on the walk I was still thinking of ways to do it when I somehow just blurted out "so, I'm pregnant."
October 7th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got up that morning, tested, went into the bedroom, where he was sleeping, laid down next to him (which startled him awake a little bit) and said "Good morning Daddy." Then he smiled, put his arm around me and gave me a kiss and we just cuddled like that for a bit.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search