FUN WAY TO REVEAL Gender on FB?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Veteran
Does anyone have any ideas on revealing the gender on Facebook? IF ALL goes good today I am going to have my Gender scan at 5pm. We went overboard on spending while on Vacation, and yesterday my DS broke his glasses. UGH.. So We were unsure we would be able to go today. I think I have it all under control now. His glasses are covered under warranty. (THANK GOD.. This is the 3RD Pair he broke in 1 1/2 yrs)

SO.. If I do make it there today I need a good way to reveal it to my FB friends and Family!

October 8th, 2010, 06:50 AM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no ideas sorry... but GL today!

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

October 8th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I dunno either, but have fun!!! And make sure you let us know as soon as you can too!

Sorry about the glasses, I'm very glad they were covered under warranty for you guys. Both DH and I wear specs and I know how expensive they are.
October 8th, 2010, 08:27 AM
brandi.lyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd post a picture as you're profile picture with something related to a boy or girl no status updates, just a profile picture! Lol. Not sure what kind of picture you could use but there's tons of storks I'm sure carrying a it's a boy or it's a girl saying ! Or the ultrasound photo with the result! Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
October 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM
HeatherW's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd post the gender shot and let them guess before telling them.

October 8th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Or have a guessing game if people would be really involved. The picture idea with no update is also neat.

That sucks about the glasses, but awesome that they were covered! DH just went back to his glasses and needs an eye exam etc because everything needs updating. I'm not relishing getting that bill.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
October 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Super Mommy
Maybe post a pic of blue or pink booties?

October 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Danijoy84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Danijoy84
post a new pic with something like the following caption:

"This picture was taken for free....but there are really 3 people in this picture....the look on your face, now that's priceless!!!"

As for family, are you telling them the news in person? I'm a suzi homemaker when it comes to baking, so for telling our family in person I'm making cupcakes with white frosting and sprinkles the color of whichever gender the baby IS NOT.....then when they take the cupcake wrapper off, they'll see the real color at the bottom I like to play tricks and I don't want to make it so obvious b/c of course ppl will see the color on top. Or maybe I'll do both pink and blue sprinkles so it's even more confusing, haha!

Good luck either way!!!
October 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Ohhh I like the sono picture idea and maybe make the status...can you guess what were having .... or you can write something like, boy? girl? You decided! Of course the sono picture cant say the sex of the baby on it.

Good luck, cant wait to hear what your having!

October 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
HeatherW's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can edit it out if it does.

October 8th, 2010, 01:37 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I am still figuring out how to reveal the gender on FB. However in person, I am going to bake a cake and like Dani, I'm going to reveal what's inside the cake to my family and friends during a mini party.

(of course do this cake before you reveal on FB to avoid any slip from your family and friends! )
October 8th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
maybe you can just post a picture of a cute little dress or a little boys suit and see if anyone gets the hint. That's probably what I'm going to do! If I can keep DH from blowing my cover, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search