So frustrated!! (x-posted)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2010, 07:05 AM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I called today to set up an appointment for this pregnancy, and I was really hoping I could skip the "nurse visit" since it's an educational one that I've already done (and I didn't find it helpful the first time). Well, the lady who answered the phone was not at all friendly, actually seemed annoyed at me for calling. So I didn't want to argue the appointment with her when she said I had to do the required 1.5 hour nurse visit first, and she said they had a cancellation for Oct 22, which is a Friday. Well, I don't have childcare on Fridays, so I said I would rather find a Monday as I didn't really want to bring my toddler along and she snapped "Kids aren't allowed!"....oookay. Well, then I guess a Friday is out. So the next Monday they had available was Nov. 1st. And THEN I can't even see the doctor until November 8th. I have had nothing but bad experiences with the OB department at this hospital, but I did request to NOT see the same doc I saw with Ben because I hated her. So I am seeing a man who I did see a couple of times during my pregnancy with Ben, and he was really great (especially about my gestational diabetes and being supportive about that). I'm just bummed I have to wait until November 8th to even have the possibility of an u/s to give me a due date.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
October 8th, 2010, 07:37 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, she sounds really nasty! Do you have to use that hospital? It sounds like you didn't really have a good experience there.

I have to do that appt with the prenatal nurse too even though I just did it 13 months ago with my daughter, and I AM a nurse and I don't need it! Oh well....

October 8th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That sucks big time! Can you go some where else or do you have to go there ?

I hope the time flys by , maybe you can call back and see if they have any cancellations?

October 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Wow, I'm sorry she was so rude to you. Hugs!

I've never done a nurse visit. I make them ask my doctor, and he lets me skip the confirmation appointment. He's delivered 5 of my kids so far, and I really like him.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
October 8th, 2010, 09:04 AM
kinsleesmama's Avatar Veteran
I tell you what Id do, I would call and get her name and report her for being rude to you like that. Whats the reason for that?? I wish you luck and hope you can get in sooner.

October 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you HAVE to go to the hospital? Could you go to an ob practice/office?
I went to the hospital with my 1st 2 and had to do all that. With my last 3 (and I'll do the same with this one)
I went to a private office/practice. It is wonderful. They only deliver at that same hospital too, so all of my dc were born at the same hospital.
October 8th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, how frustrating. I agree with the ladies above, do you have to go to that hospital or can you find a private OB practice? Hopefully they can either squeeze you in earlier, or you can find somebody better. That is just ridiculous!

October 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
Yeah, I have to go to this hospital unfortunately. My husband works for Mayo and they hold our insurance. We're switching insurance in January and we might be able to go to the smaller hospital in town here, but that's not set in stone and in the meantime I do have to go to Mayo. I didn't catch the gal's name this morning, unfortunately. I mean, it's not the end of the world to wait until 11/8, it's just going to be a long month.
I'm pretty sure there aren't any private practices here, though I haven't researched it because I am quite sure Mayo wouldn't pay for us to go to another clinic for care.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
October 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Mommy2tb3's Avatar Regular
She sounds like she needs to look for a new job.

I can't get in to see my doctor until November 22nd! I wanted something earlier. But she will not see anyone till 10-12 weeks unless they r high risk

« Toot | 2011 Playroom | m/s »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search