Maternity Bridesmaids dresses

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friend has asked for me to be in her wedding in April and I'm so excited. But honestly I've only told 2 people so far and she has no idea I'm pregnant. Today she just sent all the bridesmaids pictures of the dress she has picked out. I was really hoping I could find something maternity similar in color and design before I tell her. I don't expect her to be upset at all, but I also know I need to tell her soon.

So any suggestions on places to find maternity bridesmaid dresses...or just really nice maternity dresses that could pass for a bridesmaid dress. Here's the link for the dress she has picked.

I really love the dress, and I wish I could just order up and alter it, but I probably already need a size 12. So I don't think a 14 will fit me at 7 1/2 months preggo!

TIA!

October 8th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Does anyone think this looks similar enough? Dress

October 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Something to think about - you may want to consider getting a larger-than-normal size (even a 16 or an 18, just in case) and taking it to a seamstress to have it altered when you get closer to the wedding date. It's a lot easier to take fabric away than add it later. A talented seamstress or tailor can do magic.

Good luck!

October 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynley View Post
Something to think about - you may want to consider getting a larger-than-normal size (even a 16 or an 18, just in case) and taking it to a seamstress to have it altered when you get closer to the wedding date. It's a lot easier to take fabric away than add it later. A talented seamstress or tailor can do magic.

Good luck!
I wish I could, I did think about that. but the only problem is the orginal dress is from the limited and it only goes up to a 14...seeing as how they run smaller than most stores I would probably need a size 12 or 14 right now

Luckily I just talked to her and I think she will be okay with a very close substitute. Honestly, I don't even know if my pre-preggo boobs would of fit into the dress!!!

October 9th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh, yeah....good point. That's why I've never been able to shop at the Limited

I'm sure the substitute dress (or one like it) will be fine - after all, everyone will be looking at her, not you!

Good luck!

October 9th, 2010, 04:48 AM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was in my brothers wedding two weeks before I delivered my last child. I had to order the dress 6 sizes bigger and then they charged me DOUBLE to do all the alterations. I was VERY UNCOMFORTABLE the day of the wedding. Be glad she picked someone else!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search