Back From Ultrasound

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Ashl3y
So there is a really long story, but I will write a short version and a long version so just read whichever you'd rather.

Short version
I got to see my bean, who is measuring a bit behind where I thought I was and I am now an official member of the June DDC. June 1st. Saw the heartbeat.

Long version
The lady doing my ultrasound was such a &#^%#!!! I was waiting in the waiting room with my mom and she called my name so my mom and I get up to go in. The lady tells my mom to sit down and that she will come get her later "if she can." So my mom sits back down and I go in with her. She does the abdominal ultrasound first. She says she can see an empty sac and nothing but. It was abdominal and I wasn't expecting her to see anything, so no big deal. I wasn't worried. Then time for the vaginal ultrasound. She is moving it all around searching all over for 10 minutes without saying a word. Naturally, I get a bit worried. I ask her if she can see anything this way to which she replies, "I don't know." Mmmk? Not sure how to take that. A few seconds after she said, "I can see the sac the baby is in and I can see the yolk sac, but for this to be a good pregnancy I need to see a fetal pole too, which I cannot see." She then explained that my doctor would want me to go and have my hcg levels tested and she asked if I've had that done this pregnancy, I said yes. She then explained how I'd come back in a week or two to see if anything changed, yadda yadda. Then she keeps looking around and she goes "oh.... wait ... maybe I can see something." At this point I had NO clue what to think. She then FINALLY points the screen towards me so I can see and sure enough, BABY! She was like "oh, look real close" and she pointed out a really fast, consistent flicker and said that was my babys heartbeat. I cried. People say they cry when they see it but I was like nah, I wont cry. Oh, I did! Then after that she was trying to "measure" (I don't know the actual word) it to see how many BPM but she couldn't get it. She said "stay still, me getting this depends on you not moving at all." Alright. I stayed as still as I possibly could. Then she tells me "Hold your breath. Stop breathing." Alright, so I do that too. She still can't get the measurement, but she is positive that it is the heartbeat that she saw (and I saw the fast flicker too! So, she was a little less than ideal and hopefully I don't have to deal with her again, but I saw my baby and my babys heartbeat and I am just oh so in love! I got a picture (which I pretty much had to beg her for) so I will post that in the ultrasound part.

EDIT: I didn't see an ultrasound pictures subforum thing so I'll just post it here

Excuse the pink and words behind it. I couldn't hold the picture of the u/s and take a picture and have it not be blurry so I put it on my laptop and it's JM in the background

Last edited by Ashl3y; October 8th, 2010 at 04:45 PM.
October 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
kinsleesmama's Avatar Veteran
Oh bless your heart! Well I am glad everything turned out ok. I would have been scared too!

October 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
romasposa's Avatar Veteran
Ugh, sorry you had such a horrible experience. I've been there twice myself and I know how your heart just stops, waiting on any word from them.

I'm so glad that you got to see the flicker of a h/b! What a relief!!

October 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had a bad experience. How exciting that you got to see the heart beat!

October 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your tech sucked! But glad you got to see the HB, yay!

October 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had a horrible appointment, but at least you got to see the heartbeat.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

October 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yay for baby and heartbeat!boo for mean witch of an ultrasound tech!
October 8th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I am sorry your appointment was so nerve wracking, but I am so glad you were able to see the heartbeat. I am so glad I rescheduled my appointment for a week later, because if I had the same experience you did, I probably would have freaked out and I would have only been 6 weeks 1 day.

Such an amazing little picture, too. It will be so amazing to watch that little beanie grow!!

October 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Super Mommy
Great news that you saw the heartbeat! YAY!!!! It is so amazing to see that tiny flicker isn't it?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search