Toya's Second Journey Through Pregnancy!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Me either girl.

So, I'm starting to take the Gummy prenatal vitamins and I have to remember they aren't candy. They taste so good. I couldn't take those pasty things the doctor prescribed. They're called Se-Natal. Doesn't even sound right. I'm just glad that torture is over and I found one that is so delicious.

For my birthday, my hubby bought me a new laptop. The wifi kind of sucks, but once you find a hotspot it's not that bad. Surprisingly I haven't been all over the internet like I was previously. I don't know how I pass much of my days away because I don't really watch tv either. I guess it's my son keeping me busy. However today I did spend a million hours on my hair. Since I'm transitioning to natural from this relaxed mess on my head, I'm telling you, it's been some trouble to get this thing under control. Especially since I'm not using heat to assist me either. I mean it literally took me 3 hours from start to finish. Washing, conditioning, detangling, roller setting. It was a work out. I didn't even realize how long it had taken me until I got nauseous and faint, and I realized I was hungry. Gosh! Before all that havoc, I did spend time doing my sabbath lesson from last week since I didn't do it. It was about about human emotions and about Jesus and his emotions that he dealt with while he was here on earth. Very interesting I'm going to go back over it before I start the one for this week. We didn't go to church this Saturday, but definitely next Saturday.

Well, my cravings have definitely kicked in. I keep thinking about soft shell tacos from taco bell with sour cream and whoppers from burger kind. I feel like if I don't get either one soon I'm going to lose my mind on somebody. Never had a craving so bad before. I've been thinking about them since yesterday. My husband wont ever give in to any of my cravings to him its all in my head and its nothing that I really need. Whatever his opinion is, it pisses me off because I really want it. LOL.

I went and saw my mom Sunday and everyone at her house was talking about how it must be a girl this time because of how different this pregnancy is from Jamel's. I'm not convinced. I won't be excited until I know for sure at the ultrasound. I do want it to be a girl, but I'm blessed either way. I still don't know if I'm finished having kids or not. Still thinking of methods of birth control. I definitely have X'ed out Iud's and Depo. So, it's either the mini pill or condoms. I'm not sure about that pill. But we will see. Because I know how its going to go if me and my husband are just left to use condoms. Totally not going to work out for various reasons.

Well, nothing else NEW to report so, you all continued to be blessed.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

January 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey!!! love your siggy & love that you have a new labtop.
Update?
January 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hey ladies...it snowed, sleeted, and rained. So the weather was horrible for the last couple of days. The roads were horrible, so I couldn't make it to my appointment Tuesday,I'm trying to reschedule but the office's appointment line is closed down. So I'm going to try to call back in a few and see if I can speak with someone at the nurse's station. I'm supposed to be going in to get Down Syndrome testing for the baby.

I spent Sunday night at my moms house, bad idea. That's when all the bad weather came down. She stays practically in the middle of nowhere so I had a loss of signal on my phone for two days and no internet service. I did get home late Monday afternoon though. There were so many accidents. 400 in one day and that was just that morning all because of the ice on the roads. Our state really isn't equipped for this type of weather. It doesn't snow as much as it used to so we didn't really have any one out cleaning the roads or anything. There was some salt put down but that didn't really help once the rain came down and turned the snow into ice. It was a mess, but I was glad and thankful to the Lord that he got me and my family safely home. I was praying that we didn't wreck. I was literally driving 10 to 15 miles an hour home. My back windshield was completely covered in rock hard snow and the passenger side door to the car was frozen shut. It was just crazy.

I am excited to say that...I can't exactly pin point it, but I realized on Saturday night that I was feeling my baby move. YAYYY!!! It feels like little popcorn seeds bursting open. And sometimes I can feel what feels like something balling up into a hard little knot or ball. I'm so happy, because I didn't feel my son until about 18 or 19 weeks. I thought because of the anterior placenta I wouldn't feel anything, because I heard a lot of ladies with one complaining about not being able to feel their babies until later. However, I don't believe the lady that checked me at my 12 week appointment knew what she was talking about. She told me I didn't have a vaginal infection when I clearly did. I ended up having to go back two days later because of all the intense burning and discomfort. Then she couldn't find the heart beat which is how we ended up having an ultrasound and she said that I had an anterior placenta...but when I went back those two days later my regular doctor found the heartbeat immediately. So I'm kind of not trusting that other lady's word about having an anterior placenta. I think that was her excuse for not being able to find the heartbeat. When I described her to the other ladies in the office they knew exactly who I was talking about and they all had that look on their faces like..."oh, her." So, I don't know if I should take to heart what she said about my placenta placement. Whatever.

My stomach is really beginning to poke out now. Thought it was from all the holiday food, but I guess not. Still haven't gained any real pounds yet though, but I take it I'll gain more later on in pregnancy like I did with Jamel. I think that being sick in the beginning of this pregnancy had a lot to do with me only having an 8pound gain. I wasn't sick with Jamel so I packed on more weight in the beginning and just kept going. Since I feel fine now and I'm eating more I'm not really worried that I wont gain the weight that I need. As long as my doctor's aren't complaining I guess then I'm fine.

Jamel he still has the idea that I'm having BABIES and they're boys. I don't know why he's so stuck on that, but he'll quickly have to get over that idea. No way I need to be having twins. I just can't stomach the thought. If twins come out of me this year will definitely be the end of my child baring years. I don't want anymore than three kids. I said I didn't even want to have one, but my husband somehow changed my mind. I didn't want to have a second, but my son changed my mind...lol but anymore than three...I'd be in an insane asylum. I know it.

Well, off to get some rest, my head is beginning to hurt. You ladies continue to be blessed.

January 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Toya!!! R ya ever going to put a pix of your belly?
Neway just thought I would stop by.
January 16th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I thought about it, probably not. (shrugs) no real reason for not doing it. Thanks for stopping by. you seem to be the only one. =( well I'll add probably after my appointment tomorrow. I'll see how I feel.

January 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hey thanks for updating your journal.
I see the baby picture in your siggy has changed...
yea you.
That is ok about you not posting your belly....
long as you & the baby is fine & healthy
& your family too
that is all that matters.
What is your plans for the rest of this month?
& Feb?
January 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Hey Toya I stop by everytime i am on JM just to see how u r doing. I might not write but I do stop by. I am glad everything is goin well in your pregnancy. Cant believe u r 17 weeks man how time is flying. I bet u r having a girl. when u said that u had an infection i just bet its a girl. when i was preg with my lil girl i had an infection when i went to the doctor to get tested 4 it they said it all came back normal. He put me on antibiotics but still didnt go away. It didnt go away til i had her. Good luck at your appt 2moro.

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

January 20th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Do you have a baby shower in the next few weeks/months?
Do you have your baby's room done yet?
I look forward to your next update whenever that is.
January 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Well, ladies. I had my appointment and had my blood work done. I have to go back on the 31st to get my results to see if I need anything extra done during my ultrasound. Hopefully all my blood work come back fine. So I will be getting my ultra sound within next few weeks. Hopefully it's a girl. I really want my little lady. I love my son, but it's nothing like having that little girl. <3

So February is going to be a busy month. The 12th is Leroy's birthday, V-day on the 14th, Our anniversary on the 23rd...then the ultrasound sometime. We plan on going to get everything for the babies room in February as well.

I don't know what we're going to do for our Anniversary. I want to do something this year because we didn't last year, Jamel was with us. This year I'll probably let him go down to my mom's house so that we can do something special. I only have a limited time to try to think up something, but hopefully we come up with something good. I wish we could go down to the beach. =( That's what I've been wanting to do for the longest now.

I'm surprised that I don't have any massive cravings. (shrugs) The only thing that I kind of start obsessing over is Whoppers from Burger King. But only if it's mentioned...like just now. (shaking my head) That's about it, or I start thinking about soft shell taco supremes from Taco bell. Something about that sour cream...lol. I haven't really picked up any weight either, since I found out I've probably gained a total of 9 to 10 pounds. Even when i'm not pregnant 9 to 10 pounds sounds about right in 4 months. I think I take after my dad tall and scrawny. No matter what I don't pack on pounds. After I had Jamel I lost about 15 pounds in two days. Everyone was like WHAT??? What happened that fast where's the baby weight? And then breast feeding him I shrunk even more. I went from 155 to 135 in two weeks probably. Then when i stopped feeding him I went to 142. I've been 135 since 7th grade. (shrugs) my mom and sister are both short and chunky. I have no idea where they get that from because everybody on my mom's side of the family is TALL and skinny even the women. Must be on her dad's side or something because I don't know them. Only her mom's side of the family.

Anyway. I was going natural...however, I've changed my mind up Sunday I'm going to see if my mom wants to do my relaxer. I'd do it myself but since I haven't had one in going on four months I've decided to let someone else do it so that it's good and straight. I really did want to go natural, but I don't have the patience, nor do I think I actually want that anymore. I'd miss my hair. I know I would.

Well. I need to get off of here and study this week's lesson for Sabbath school tomorrow...but I know I probably won't until later on tonight some time. However it may happen, I'll definitely try to get it in. Until next time you ladies continue to be blessed.

January 31st, 2011, 03:23 PM
So I had my doctor's appointment today. Everything was GREAT. Of course I have B-strep again...ugh! More annoying drips during labor and delivery but I should be okay. I got my appointment for my ultrasound and thats on Feb. 10...two days before Leroy's birthday. I hope that it's a girl, but my doctor today told me it might be a boy because of the heartbeat...lol she told me that exact thing with Jamel and it end up being a boy. Ugh...hopefully she's wrong. Of course you can't tell by a heart beat, but everybody that I've known to have girl's has had a faster heartbeat. Whatever the sex is I'll be happy, but I really want that little girl. Pray for me everybody.

So..plans have changed a little...I don't know exactly when we're going baby shopping, but I hope it's soon. I'm ready to get that room situated. So far it has all of Jamel's play things in there, but that stuff is going to have to go somewhere else because that's just not going to work out. Jamel has a queen size bed in his room (our old bed...lol) right now but we plan on taking it out and putting it in the baby room and getting him a toddler bed or something to free up some room in his room for his toys and things. Besides, he doesn't need all that bed anyway.

So, I'm disappointed because I wanted Jamel to go to the ultrasound, but now they have this rule that kids can't go. =( I wanted him to see the new baby. I guess I can show him the ultrasound pictures...it won't be the same though. I remember going to the gender scanning with my mom...and my sister and law took her kids a couple of years ago...I wanted to take Jamel. Oh well. He'll see his new little brother or sister in no time.

Ladies, I still don't have any names!!! I'm going crazy, I can't believe that I don't. By this time when I was pregnant with Jamel I had his name picked out and if he turned out to be a girl I had her name picked out. But I don't like the name Destinie for a girl anymore. So I'll have to think of a new girl name and I have a couple of boy names. Hopefully my husband will like them. He's all into these weird names and I don't like it. If Jamel was a girl he wanted to name her Rehoboim. I was like uhm....NO! This time he tried Jasiah for a girl...uhm NO! He changed his mind on that. I have two or three girl names but I know he'll find some kind of way to combat me with letting him name the baby something crazy. I didn't like Jamel's middle name Sincere for a while but it grew on me. He was so adamant about naming Jamel, Sincere I thought he was going to snap my neck if I didn't agree.

Well, I have to cook...so I'm going to go now. Hubby will be in the door in about 10 minutes...lol I didn't know time went by that fast playing UNO tournaments on King.com, I let 5:00 come and go. So ladies let me start this pasta....you all be blessed!

February 3rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
update?

Last edited by Jakaira s Mom; February 6th, 2011 at 01:59 AM.
February 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I was not going to update, but I decided that I will.

Not much is going on. I caught a horrible cold. I'm coughing, sneezing, and barely able to breathe. It's bad. I've rubbed my nose so much that it's sore. I don't even want to touch it. I was actually surprised that I caught a cold. I haven't had one since 2008 so this is wild. I'm not a "Catch a Cold" type of person. I'm more of the "Catch a Stomach Bug" person. I have no idea, I can be on the phone with someone who has a virus and catch it. Maybe because I H.A.T.E. it so much I always seem to catch it when someone near me has it.

So, I am waiting on Thursday so I can finally know the sex of the baby so that me and Leroy can go clothes shopping. Yay, finally. I'm halfway through my pregnancy and can not wait to get my little person here in my arms.

Good news! Leroy doesn't want to name the baby Jasiah anymore if it's a girl. YES! I'm so happy. He does like the name Zion though, so we shall see. =)

I notice a slight movement pattern with the baby. Around 8:00pm-12:00am the baby is active. Then again in the morning when I first wake up. I feel them moving around sometimes in the afternoon but, it's rare...so I take it the babe is sleeping. Hopefully, all that will change when they actually get here...lol I would hate for them to be up all night sleep all afternoon and playing around early in the morning, but that's the life of having a newborn baby. =)

I went clothes shopping the other day, no maternity wear of course. I don't like maternity clothes. I just bought some cute tops and a a couple of jeans. It was just nice to do something alone since Jamel is away at my moms house I could just walk around leisurely and look as I pleased without him trying to get my constant attention. It was a relief because I haven't done it in soooo long.

At church everyone is like, "Wow, you blew up since last Saturday." I think they just noticed that's all. However, my mom saw me Wednesday when I dropped Jamel off, but I had to go back Saturday after church because I left his shoes at home...she said the same thing, that I blew up since Wednesday. =( I probably did ever since we got a second car and I've been out more I've been eating out lol and just indulging on my cravings.

I've been craving Taco bell...its just something about those soft shell taco supremes. I don't really think about Burger King anymore, but every now and then. I have a new one...OMG....I went to Wendy's the other day and had the number 2. That quarter pounder with cheese was so sloppy I just...I almost hurt myself eating that huge thing...crazy part is. I hate Wendy's. This pregnancy my appetite is wild, but I've only gained 8 pounds total. (shrugs) Maybe that will change soon. I don't even want to step on the scale again until my next appointment. Ever since everyone keeps talking about how I blew up over night, it's scaring me...lol.

Well, I plan to wash my hair today, but I really don't even want to mess with it. Ever since I became pregnant it's been thinning out and breaking off. I have acne. Complete opposite of my pregnancy with Jamel. My hair grew thicker and my skin was clean and pretty. I knew that this was going to be the pregnancy to get on my nerves. LoL. Either way I do need to wash my hair because I haven't washed it since it was relaxed two weeks ago...or three. Who knows...yeah it needs to be washed. Maybe tonight. I was going to do it this morning so that it could air dry in a wrap, but I may just end up blow drying it.

Well, since it's nice, sunny and warm outside, I'm going to ask Leroy once he gets back from Wal-Mart does he want to take a walk later on. Before he comes in and tries to get ready for the superbowl. I can not wait until it's over this year. Suddenly everyone is a Steelers fan...right?

Okay ladies, I probably won't be back until after my appointment on Thursday which is the 10th so expect an update around that time. Until then continue to seek after the Lord and be be blessed!

February 7th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Cant w8 to hear bout your appt Thursday!!!!

February 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I know...I'm trying to find something to do now to pass the time away =)

February 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
hey where is the update???? boy or girl!!!!

February 12th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Ok, sorry I kept everyone waiting. Jamel is sick, we had to take him to the ER this morning, but he seems a little better. I hope he gets well really soon. I hate seeing him like this =(.

So, Thursday...I went for my ultrasound. My heart was pounding so fast during the whole scan. The baby was so cooperative. The tech was like, "This is by far the best baby I've seen ALLLL DAY. You have NO IDEA." lol. I saw the baby flipping and taking his arm from over the head and all. It was cute.

Well...I hoped for a girl...and Jamel has a ----------Brother on the way. (sighs) I wanted a girl entirely too bad. I was silent the whole ride home just thinking about it. I was happy that everything was okay, Happy that my pregnancy is going well...but I felt my heart really heavy because now my husband has TWO boys to share with... =( I wanted my little girl. Everybody is saying "Next time...." And I'm going I'm not sure about three kids. (shaking my head) This may be it.

So, we are thinking about the name Jeremiah. I'm not sure yet because some how Josiah has popped back up. (rolling my eyes) I just don't like that name. (sighs) Leroy is really trying my patience with his name game. My mom, must be getting old because she thinks Jeremiah is a girl's name ??? (scratching my head) yeah, that lady is getting old. LOL I think she thought I was saying JaMiah, that's what I wanted to name my daughter...so since it's a boy Jeremiah! Whatever it is....my mom is in need of some refreshing...she's tired.

So we're going to go out and get a couple of new things like the Crib and and all that good stuff, but we wont be able to buy a lot of clothes because Jamel has literally EVERYTHING left over in his closet and in the baby's room. We'll buy a few new things for them...most of it will be from big brother Jamel. (shrugs) guess another boy is a good thing.

I go for my Glucose testing on the 22nd. I am not looking forward to sitting there for an hour...THINKING...about food. LOL I really don't. I hope I remember not to eat anything that morning. That would be a fail. I remember my friend forgot and ate toast and they told her they couldn't do it...she was so mad. Well, hopefully I don't fail the first test...I would not be looking forward to sitting in there for 2 hours. Imagine that one.

Well ladies, I'm going to lay down and get some rest while my son is sleep. Leroy is off at Church he should be home soon. You all continue to be blessed.

February 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Yay its a healthy baby boy! I know u wanted a girl but u r truly blessed .

February 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks Sonica...I'm still debating on my decision to try one more time or not, but as of this moment of course I'm leaning more towards NOT. However, I think that's everybodies thought at this point to option NOT to have another one. Because, after I had Jamel I was like NEVER AGAIN....NOOOO MORE. We see how long I stuck to that . So we'll see. =)

February 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
girl go head and pop out another after him.... might be lucky and get that girl....

February 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
lol Sonica you are CRAZY!!!

I've really been thinking about that lately though. Me and Leroy talked about it, we don't want to seem crazy, but we really want a little girl. =(, but three kids, I never had that planned for my future. I didn't even have one and I always said two was the limit. I'm scared of adding another one to the picture. If I did, I'd probably try to wait another 2 years. I wouldn't want to pop him out and then get pregnant right away. However, I don't know how this is going to work out since I'm still stuck on what form of birth control to use, because Obviously I'm limited due to breast feeding. All I'm left with is the Mini pill (which I KNOW will be a mess because I don't take pills...smh) The Depo shot which I'm NEVER taking again and a non hormonal IUD that I had with Jamel that I caught two major infections with and nearly ruined my sex life. (shivers) I dont think I want to try that again. I still think it has something to do with the dr. that inserted it, she told me I was her first patient and she didn't really know what she was doing...and the way she struggled over the instructions she was reading, I should've told her never mind. I don't know what I was thinking. So it depends...I may and I may not do that again.

So, I'm still not trying to step on the scale...lol I try to avoid that in between appointments. Also I don't see what everybody else is talking about saying that I blew up. I know that I've been eating more, but I think it's all in the belly. I'm still wearing my pre pregnancy clothes at 21 weeks...soooooo I don't know.

well, speaking of food and weight, I'm going off to eat lunch ladies...I'm dying! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search