Quick and easy recipes?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit8 View Post
Mmmm....that soup sounds really good, and we eat a lot of soup this time of year. I can see that being really good with some fresh bread. bread is easy to make when you have a Kitchen Aid mixer.

The hot dogs are easy too, plus Ayla would love those. Though I totally want a Michigan dog now.

Stacey, got any good spaghetti sauce, errr gravy recipes?

Going to check out the Kraft site now.
Haa you said quick recipes...gravy takes hours to cook...the longer it simmers the better it is!

November 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
Haa you said quick recipes...gravy takes hours to cook...the longer it simmers the better it is!
I know, but I can supervise and DH can make it, plus you don't have to do much work once it's in the pot.
November 7th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit8 View Post
I know, but I can supervise and DH can make it, plus you don't have to do much work once it's in the pot.
Thats...true!Ok,once..I...get...into..the..livingr oom...and...get....on...that..computer,I..will..gi ve..you...the..recipe

November 30th, 2010, 04:15 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could have sworn I replied to this thread before, but I guess not.

Enchilada Bake (or Taco Bake if you like taco seasoning better)
1 cup uncooked rice
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (we like a lot of tomatoes, so we use the larger can, but you can use the standard size one it you prefer)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
2-4 uncooked chicken breasts, diced (use as much or as little meat as you like)
(We like a lot of onions, garlic and bell pepper in this too, but it's up to you)
2 packets enchilada seasoning
2 cups hot water

Mix everything in a 9x13 pan. The water should come up to the same level as everything else, if it doesn't, add a bit more water. I usually just eyeball this part, so I'm guessing on the water measurement.

Cover with foil and bake for an hour (or until rice is cooked). I usually have my oven set at 375 for this, but my oven runs a little hot, so that's probably closer to 400. Check it after 45 minutes. If there's no water left and the rice isn't all the way cooked add a little more.

If you like cheese, uncover, top with cheese and pop it back in the oven just to melt the cheese. Serve with soft tortilla shells. Delicious!

ETA: If you're looking for things to prep before Baby comes, multiply this recipe a couple of times, leave out the rice and use only half the water. Mix everything really well. Then divide into several gallon size zipper bags (if you did the recipe times 4, use four bags). Put the bags into the freezer flat, so you have a thin square of stuff. When you're ready to cook it, break the frozen stuff against the corner of the counter a few times. Put a cup of rice in the pan, put the frozen stuff on top, pour a cup of boiling water over the top and bake as usual. It may take an extra few minutes to bake, but no real work and dinner will be done!

Last edited by *~~Shannon~~*; November 30th, 2010 at 04:21 PM.
December 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Lillys_Mommy1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so excited to try out everyone's recipes! Here's my new favorite one!

Pesto Broccoli Pasta

Ingredients:

1 16 ounce package fusilli (corkscrew pasta), uncooked
1 8 ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
3-4 heaping spoonfuls pesto
1 cup cooked broccoli, finely chopped
small carton heavy cream (half pint?)

Directions:

1. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.

2. Heat heavy cream, 2 tbsp butter until boiling. Stir in pesto. Pour over pasta.

2. Toss with remaining ingredients

I've also added chicken to this. It's so delicious and takes very little effort.

I take a shortcut by buying the steam fresh veggie bag of broccoli, although you do have to sort through it cuz the stems don't go in the pasta.

Also, you could leave out the heavy cream and butter sauce, it tastes fine without it.
December 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
aitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really want to contribute but I'm finding it really hard since I almost NEVER use recipes unless I'm baking. I read recipes and use them for inspiration. I'll have to do some writing down and measuring next time!
December 2nd, 2010, 09:17 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Helen, I don't either. What I write down for my recipes is my best guess.

January 13th, 2011, 02:21 PM
MnMama's Avatar Super Mommy
Western Chicken

1 lb of chicken breasts cubed. Brown in a skillet until cooked through.
Add 1 can of whole cranberries
Add 1 bottle of Western salad dressing (I use the fat free and no one can tell the difference)
1 packet of Onion soup mix (dry).

Simmer for about 1/2 hour. Yummy!

January 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Spagetti Squash.

Cook the spagetti squash for one hour (350F) after putting several holes in it.

Take it out and cut it in half. Scoop out the seeds.

Pull out the squash innards (it'll pull apart like spagetti noodles)

Put in a casserole dish with a can of stewed tomatoes and spice.

Add cheese

Cook until warm.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

January 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
jillianw's Avatar Veteran
This is my fairly easy go to pasta recipe...except I use spinach instead of arugula. Hubby LOVES this one!

Rachael Ray's Official Website :: Extra Spicy Linguini with Sausage, Chili Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula
January 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
This recipe is delicious, but IDK how kid friendly it is. If you leave out the mushrooms it might be more kid friendly. We like to serve the sauce over egg noodles and eat the chicken on the side with some sort of vegetable, usually one of those steamer bags of broccoli.

Chicken a la Creme

1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins or strips seasoned to taste (I use salt pepper and garlic powder)
1 pint heavy cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Sliced Mushrooms (I usually use on of those little half cans)

Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper, and saute them in butter until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.

Add the remaining butter, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 more minutes.

Mix heavy cream and mushroom soup together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the skillet, add sliced mushrooms and simmer gently for 5 minutes (if the cream is cold when you mix it it'll take longer. I made that mistake), stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.

Takes about 22 minutes to cook in total.

Tags
feeding the pride

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search