everything's fine now... but I'm exhausted

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Before you read, just know that everything is fine - baby is fine, I am fine.

So yesterday around 3pm I had my worst bleed yet, it completely soaked my pants and I was just sitting on the toilet with it coming out for a few minutes, then I passed a big pancake-like clot. I had never seen so much blood come out of me at once in my whole life. I called the after-hours nurse at my clinic and she said to come in on Monday, or call back if I get cramps or pain or the bleeding gets worse. Bleeding stopped, I went to bed with a huge overnight pad on just in case. Then in the middle of the night I felt something coming out, jumped up and went to the bathroom. The pad was completely soaked through and about 1/2 cup of dark red tissue/clots/? had came out and I was still dripping in the toilet with more small clots. Even more blood than before it seemed. I said, "this is it, it's the end." I felt dizzy and weird but no pain. I called the nurse again and she said to drive into their hospital 1 hour away.

We got there, a nurse tried to find the heartbeat with a small Doppler. I was thinking, no way will this work, it's over. But then suddenly she found the heartbeat. She said it was 150-160 and sounded good. What?!?!? Then the doctor came in and did an ultrasound. Baby was right there, moving around and had a strong heartbeat, she couldn't see anything wrong. WHAT?!?!?!!!!!! Oh, and also my blood counts were normal and so was my blood pressure, so I hadn't actually lost that much blood apparently. By this point I was more spotting than bleeding, it had basically stopped again. Doctor checked my cervix, it was closed. I don't know how that was possible when such a huge blob had just come out.

The doctor said to expect more bleeds but that hopefully they will stop by about 20 weeks. Or I could continue to get bleeds throughout the whole pregnancy, then I would be in a high-risk category for delivery (placenta previa I think?) but it's more common to have them resolve by 20 weeks. So we drove home in a daze in the middle of the night. W. T. F.

I am 12 weeks pregnant today. The doctor said, even with the bleeds, the fact that I've gotten to 12 weeks means that I will almost certainly carry the baby to term.

I have no idea how so much blood and stuff could come out of me and it can still be okay. I am so confused and just numb right now. I don't want to think about pregnancy stuff too much for awhile so I might not be around that much. There has just been too much stress with all this and I need to get my mind off it. Although I'm such a JM addict I'm sure I'll be back sooner than I think but best of luck to everyone in the meantime!!!!!

November 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh god sounds horrible thing to have to go through but so glad u and baby are ok

November 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
SimplyMrs.L's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you have been through so much. I'll keep you and baby in my prayers.

November 14th, 2010, 12:32 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that's really scary and weird. I'm really glad you and baby are ok.
November 14th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is super scary. Glad you got to see and hear your little beans hb!!! KUP!
November 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Savages_Wifey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Savages_Wifey Send a message via MSN to Savages_Wifey Send a message via Yahoo to Savages_Wifey
Oh lord how horrible

November 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you had to go through that .... I am so glad to here the little one is OK though and has a strong HB!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
November 14th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine going through all that! I'm glad that everything is okay. You must have a good, strong baby in there!!
November 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear that everything is ok with both you & with baby

Did they say that you have placenta previa? If so did they talk to you about pelvic rest? I was on pelvic rest with my last pregnancy due to LLP to prevent bleeding.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
November 15th, 2010, 07:55 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shen, your story sounds almost exactly to a T what happened with me with my first SCH pregnancy. I thought there was no way anything could have survived the amount of bleeding and size of the clots I had passed, and sure enough after every bleed the baby looked good until my loss at 8 weeks. I think it's a very good sign you have gotten as far as you have! From what I have read most SCH pregnancies go to term and the baby is just fine, though the risk for placenta previa is greater.

I am surprised they aren't picking up an SCH on your ultrasound, maybe the ones in the ER just aren't as sensitive, or every time you go in, it has mostly bled out (which makes it smaller until/unless it builds up again).

I will pray for you and your little bean! You have a fighter in there!!

November 15th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Veteran
wow, glad you and baby are fine

November 15th, 2010, 04:57 PM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you and baby are fine
November 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
omg... that sounds absolutely terrifying. I bet your poor nerves are shot. Is it an SCH?
November 15th, 2010, 06:41 PM
G8RGRL's Avatar Veteran
WOW! Glad you and baby are fine! Rest and relax!
November 15th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Ashl3y
Wow, that's terrible. Glad that all is well with you and your baby though!
November 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Wow how scary! I am so sorry you had to go through that! But I am SO glad you and your bean are good now. *HUGS* I will keep you in my prayers hon. Try to rest!

November 15th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh! I'm SO glad everything is ok! I'd be terrified and thinking the worst too if that much blood came out of me while pregnant. Thank goodness you and baby are fine!

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
November 15th, 2010, 10:03 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
Holy crap, that sounds so scary!! I'm so glad you and baby are all right!! Please take it easy and we'll be waiting for you when you come back to JM. <3

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

November 16th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everybody, I just wanted to drop in and say THANK YOU for all your good wishes!!! Also, I'm very sorry if I upset anyone with the graphic descriptions in my story. Everything seems fine still. I am just having dark brown spotting occasionally but that's normal for me.

To answer questions, I have been on self-imposed pelvic rest for pretty much this entire pregnancy!!! It's a side effect of feeling awful and having bad m/s. But also due to the bleeding and ongoing spotting.

I did ask about whether this was SCH and they didn't really say yes or no. They called it an early previa. But they were clear on how they can't really make a strong diagnosis of exactly what's causing it right now - my placenta is still too small to show up well on an u/s, and they could never see any SCH. My last ultrasound was only 5 days before this huge bleed and they didn't see any SCH then, so I think the LLP/early previa theory is the one they are going with. Either way the prognosis is similar so I guess it doesn't really matter. I have about a 10% chance of having placenta previa in the 3rd trimester.

Since I was told to expect more bleeds, possibly as bad as the last one, I am afraid to go anywhere. I ordered a waterproof, absorbent bed pad from Amazon that I can sit on in the car in case I start bleeding profusely while out and about. I will also be making an emergency kit with change of clothes, heavy duty pads, towel, etc. And I won't be making any long trips for quite awhile.

I have gotten to the point of intellectually understanding everything - like intellectually I know that everything is okay, and in fact I got GOOD news that I'm fully expected to carry to term now. But emotionally I am still very freaked out and having a hard time believing that I am even still pregnant or that I am okay. Seeing all that blood made me think that not only was the baby dead, but that maybe I was gonna die too. My near-death experience with the ectopic was really not that long ago. So I have some emotions coming up that I have to deal with.

So forgive me if I'm not around for awhile longer... I am still finding it rather overwhelming to deal with pregnancy related stuff. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm listening to my guided imagery and affirmations, letting emotions come up and pass away, distracting myself with other matters, and I'm just giving myself some time. I do care a lot about all of you and I'm really happy for those who have had great appointments recently and I am so sad about all our recent losses (what happened to the angel thread btw?). I will be back when I'm ready.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search