Sleeping on left side and limbs falling asleep

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Veteran
Because I'm a right-side sleeper (partially on my stomach), I felt that I needed to start modifying my sleeping pose. I'm training to sleep on my left side, but I often wake up with my left arm and left leg asleep. I hate that feeling. Is there anything I can do to stop this?
November 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
It sounds like you're cutting off circulation, so the only thing I could think that would help would be to modify your position more, maybe sleep with more pillows?
November 15th, 2010, 03:17 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah, modify it some more, maybe get a body pillow and try that!
November 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Maybe you can get one of those wedge pillows I've been hearing people rave about, so you can still somewhat sleep on your stomach. I sleep on my right side too mostly. I've been trying to fall asleep on my left. I've been mirroring my position. I sleep with one arm extended above my head under my pillow slightly on my stomach with a small pillow jammed up under my belly so I can't quite get to my stomach.
November 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrrrrrr View Post
Maybe you can get one of those wedge pillows I've been hearing people rave about, so you can still somewhat sleep on your stomach. I sleep on my right side too mostly. I've been trying to fall asleep on my left. I've been mirroring my position. I sleep with one arm extended above my head under my pillow slightly on my stomach with a small pillow jammed up under my belly so I can't quite get to my stomach.
This is a great idea. I've found that having my left arm up under my pillow makes a difference. (Before I had it on top of the pillow.) Maybe I'll ask for the wedge for Christmas.
November 15th, 2010, 06:59 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
hehe any position I sleep in my limbs tend to fall asleep. especially my arms..I hate it.
I cant stand sleeping on my left side..my tummy grumbles more on that side and my arms fall asleep...plus that puts me in the path of bad breath because I am facing hubby LOL
so I say "whatever" I am sleeping on my right side. I did it with my daughter and she is perfectly fine as well. at this point I dont think it makes a different anyway. *HUGS* hope you can find a comfy position to sleep in soon. I ditto a pregnancy pillow though..the snoogle is an AWESOME pillow!

November 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyggrlili25 View Post
...plus that puts me in the path of bad breath because I am facing hubby LOL
Didn't mention that, but it's the case with me too!
November 15th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. G View Post
Didn't mention that, but it's the case with me too!

LMAO! Thank goodness my SO sleeps to my right, otherwise I'd be asking him to switch sides of the bed...for this reason!

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
November 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
CalmHorizons's Avatar Christina
I sleep on my left side already, mainly because of the aforementioned breath problem... however, one of the first things I noticed when I was starting to suspect I was pregnant was that my right leg falls asleep a lot more often now, and quickly. It's annoying.

Why are you not supposed to sleep on your right during pregnancy? I've heard about not sleeping on your back, but nothing about the right side.
November 16th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Something about blood flow is what I've been able to deduce from my humongous pregnancy book my doctor gave me...
November 16th, 2010, 11:58 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmHorizons View Post
Why are you not supposed to sleep on your right during pregnancy? I've heard about not sleeping on your back, but nothing about the right side.
I was wondering the same thing.

November 16th, 2010, 05:05 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my hands always go numb no matter what side i sleep on, it just gets worse when i am pg.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search