BTDT Moms- Do you plan to have a baby shower?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No baby shower here... My family really only does a baby shower for your first child.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
November 14th, 2010, 07:55 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we will be having a BBQ after the baby is born. but i had showers with my other three. personally i dont see why its only ok to celebrate the first born, just doesnt make sense to me. every baby should be celebrated. i mean if thats the case then why dont we only celebrate the first birthday.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
November 15th, 2010, 02:16 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got 1 with my 1st baby and that was it, so don't plan on getting one with this one.
November 15th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm moving around March/April. So this year no. If people wanna ship me something that will be cool, but other than that no.
November 15th, 2010, 04:18 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelady View Post
we will be having a BBQ after the baby is born. but i had showers with my other three. personally i dont see why its only ok to celebrate the first born, just doesnt make sense to me. every baby should be celebrated. i mean if thats the case then why dont we only celebrate the first birthday.
I can see where your coming from... It would be nice to have a get together with everyone to celebrate. I live in VA, my family lives in Minnesota and DH's family lives in MA so we can't really just get together, kwim? I'm not sure I would call it a baby shower though, more like a welcome home party or something after the baby is born.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
November 15th, 2010, 05:37 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're military so it's not too practical here with our families in MO and TX and we are stationed up in NJ. I had 2 showers for our daughter, one in MO and TX and she is 13mo so we are luck and have everything we need for this baby already. I'm sure our families will get something for this baby but I'm so thrilled we don't have to spend much to prepare for this baby.

We're planning to buy a dual stroller but more than likely in the beginning I will wear the baby and push my daughter in the stroller we already have. Also, if it's a boy we will need boy clothes but I'm sure once we hit 20 weeks I will start shopping for additional clothes we may need.

There was a program for military giving away crib, changing table and crib bedding so we lucked out and already have furniture for the 2nd baby. If it's a girl we will probably have both of them share a room since the baby will more than likely sleep in our room the first 6mo or so.

Plus when family comes up to celebrate the baby's birth we'll do something small then and I wouldn't be suprised if my friends in TX do something for this one but I'm not planning on it.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

November 15th, 2010, 06:34 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, we won't be having one. I just had my DD 17 months ago and we have almost everything we need for the new baby, unless it's a boy then we'll just need to get some clothes. (and a double stroller) We'll celebrate the new baby after he or she is born.

November 15th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure I'll have a very small one. I wouldn't even call it a shower. lol I won't need anything, really, unless it's a boy. Then I'll need clothes.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
November 15th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well this is my third and we already live away from family so , it wont be happening. I would love to have one but I was in WA for my last baby family was in CO and MT and now I am going to be in VA with family in GA and CA .

I am sure my family will send a few gifts tho.

November 15th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Littlelamb09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Littlelamb09
probably will.....especially if its a girl.

November 15th, 2010, 08:25 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I probably will. It's been 7+ years since my last ds was born so I have NOTHING for this baby... I already have a bunch of friends who have offered to hand me down a lot of the bigger things. (swings, bouncers, an arm's reach co-sleeper, etc..) I'm hoping to have a "hand me down" shower, where everyone can bring things they don't want or use anymore! The only new things we really need are cloth diapers and clothes... I'm totally happy with everything else coming hand me down!

November 15th, 2010, 08:29 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're military and are in CT right now and will be in ME when the baby is born and our families live in CA and TN so we can't really do a family one. Although with DS I had a webcam baby shower with friends here and family and friends back in CA. If a friend offers to do a baby shower then maybe but I would say either bring books or stuffed animals I can donate to a childrens hospital or a battered women's/children's shelter. I do like the BBQ idea but I don't think DH would go for it since he spends so much time with the sailors on his boat as it is and my friends around here are mainly their wives.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 15th, 2010, 08:33 AM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
I had 3 baby showers when I was pregnant with DD: one thrown by the ladies at church, one thrown by my mom, and one thrown by DH's mom. I don't expect one for this baby.

Beckie, a side-note: you'll love the arms-reach. It was the best thing I could have purchased for our baby. Fantastic.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

November 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Veteran
I am having a shower........since it has been over 10 years since my last child was born. I need EVERYTHING!
November 15th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes we are having one. My friend is already wanting to plan it. I think all babies are to be celebrated. I had one with my other 2 children also, even though they were only 14 months apart.

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyp1019 View Post
I can see where your coming from... It would be nice to have a get together with everyone to celebrate. I live in VA, my family lives in Minnesota and DH's family lives in MA so we can't really just get together, kwim? I'm not sure I would call it a baby shower though, more like a welcome home party or something after the baby is born.
aww with your family so far away its understandable. i was referring more to the this is your second you shouldnt have one mentality that i see a lot (not just on jm, but in real life as well). we plan to have the bbq instead of a shower because our gatherings tend to be long and i just get to tired to entertain for to long (the last one really wiped me out by the end of it). we also dont have family that lives close, but we have a lot of close friends (you should see how crazy birthday parties get at my house).
i guess what i was trying to say was.....i feel that there is a big difference between not wanting another one and being convinced by others that you shouldnt have another one. (i saw it a lot in my last ddc, it made me sad to see so many women not having one simply because they were told it was rude or wrong to have one after your first)

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
November 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
hm not sure if I will have a shower per say...if this baby is a girl I will not need much of anything at all since I saved all of Kaylee's clothing,blankets etc etc. I saved EVERYTHING.
Call it more of a celebration more than a shower. I wont be asking for gifts or anything but inviting family and friends over for food/cake.

November 15th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I had one for my daughter, so I doubt I will for this one, I would be happy with a diaper shower though!! We already have everything. If baby is a girl we are more than set, if a boy the only stuff we will really need is clothes!
November 15th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If I stick around NC my bff said she would throw me one. I'm ok with it, but was really wanting more of a go out to eat lunch with everyone thing.

If I move then people can buy online and ship. I only need 3 things besides clothing, so no biggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search