The Daily Vent!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone please share your vents...

Here's mine.

My friend is claiming that her 5 month old son is now saying Mama! I really want to call her BS on this because I do not believe it at all. Another one of my friends saw the two of them, Mama and Baby, the other week and she said that he is so oblivious to anything other than his name, and even then he only responded half the time. Which, according to a few online developmental charts, recognizing your own name is about right on track, but slightly advanced.

But another thing that is really annoying me about this is our other friend's daughter legitimately said Mom just the other week at 10 months old. Now this, again according to the charts I found, is exactly the right time the baby should be saying Mom. I just really feel like our friend is being rather obnoxious about her child saying Mama, when we all know he didn't. Oh, and I just wanted to add, on her FB status her Aunt even questioned her...basically calling her out.

It's fine if the kid actually said Mama, but I'm thinking it was more like mamamammaaaamammama, and that he is beginning to mimic her...which is right in track with the developmental chart.

Yes, this is stupid to be upset about, but I'm just more hurt for my other friend and her daughter.

Milestone chart: 1 to 6 months | BabyCenter

November 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I understand where you are coming from but those charts are just an average. Some kids do the same thing months later or earlier than some others. For example it says: 3 Months old- Rolls from Tummy to back. Ds rolled both ways at 5 weeks. LOL I remember because DH put him on the floor on his tummy and went to the bathroom and came back and flipped because he couldnt find him. He had rolled underneath the curtain and was hiding. DD was also saying Mama, Done, Baba, dada at 6 months old but then DS didnt say a word until like 14 months. Even then it was just Mama and didnt say anything else until 24 months. All kids are different and those charts are just an average. I guess what I am saying is just let her be if he said it thats great if not...well I dont see how it really affects you. Sorry do not mean to be rude at all but that is just how I feel because I get jumped on a lot for supposedly making things up when a thread comes up like what can your 3 yr old do. Because DS is very advanced with numbers and letters and everybody online always think I am lying so I guess I have been on the other side.

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes09 View Post
Everyone please share your vents...

Here's mine.

My friend is claiming that her 5 month old son is now saying Mama! I really want to call her BS on this because I do not believe it at all. Another one of my friends saw the two of them, Mama and Baby, the other week and she said that he is so oblivious to anything other than his name, and even then he only responded half the time. Which, according to a few online developmental charts, recognizing your own name is about right on track, but slightly advanced.

But another thing that is really annoying me about this is our other friend's daughter legitimately said Mom just the other week at 10 months old. Now this, again according to the charts I found, is exactly the right time the baby should be saying Mom. I just really feel like our friend is being rather obnoxious about her child saying Mama, when we all know he didn't. Oh, and I just wanted to add, on her FB status her Aunt even questioned her...basically calling her out.

It's fine if the kid actually said Mama, but I'm thinking it was more like mamamammaaaamammama, and that he is beginning to mimic her...which is right in track with the developmental chart.

Yes, this is stupid to be upset about, but I'm just more hurt for my other friend and her daughter.

Milestone chart: 1 to 6 months | BabyCenter
idk it could be true. my second said hi by 2 months, though im sure it was mimiced since she always said it in response to some one saying it to her first. my first started talking at 6mths and was talking full understandable sentences by a year. so i believe it is possible. but with that said you know your friend best and if she has a tendency to exaggerate, then she probably is.

anyways my vent. the numb spot on my leg is driving me insane. if i stand for to long it starts to burn

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
November 16th, 2010, 11:58 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lynn, I'm just saying I know my friend and I don't believe her...and I don't want to call her out on it so I am just venting here.

November 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should've never gone on facebook this morning! But because I did I've been waiting on my phone call from DH all day (have only had a few e-mails for the last 2 weeks) and still nothing. I know better too because the part of the sub he works on always gets off last but still it sucks!
November 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My massive headache.

Just found out DH has to go to Korea for 2 weeks and is leaving Dec. 1st, then he has to go to NC for 3 weeks at the end of January, then back to Korea for 3 weeks in April He took this job like 2 months ago, and while we knew travel would be at least 30% of the time, the schedule they showed DH were trips that lasted 2-4 DAYS, then he takes the job and the trips are 2-4 WEEKS!!! Big difference! I think he'll be looking for a new job before the baby is here, because this is just too much.

eta: he just got back from a 2 week trip from North Carolina too! Ugh, can't imagine when I am bigger trips will suck!

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
November 16th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes09 View Post
Lynn, I'm just saying I know my friend and I don't believe her...and I don't want to call her out on it so I am just venting here.
Gotcha

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 16th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
My vent:

I'm incredibly tired of my job and I'm really sick of this guy who, for some reason, thinks he's my boss. He's trying to get me canned with great tenacity and it's getting annoying. I keep repeating to myself, only until june.. only until june...
November 16th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My friend is claiming that her 5 month old son is now saying Mama!
Umm, the kid probably IS saying Mama? Unless you're around her & the child 24/7 it would be VERY hard to call her bluff on this one.

My eldest was saying Dad clear as day & LOUD at 5 months old. It's wonderful when people think that you're making it up, so we took her out to tea so EVERYONE could hear her.

Noone of my other children have ever started speaking quite that early, but she was deffinately 100% doing it.

My Vent - I am SOOOOO sick & tired of being sick & tired. GRRRRRRR!

DD18, DD16, DD15, DS13, DN12, DS7, DD4, DD2

Expecting a surprise bebe - November 3rd
November 16th, 2010, 04:33 PM
MamaKirsten's Avatar Member
My kids both said their first words around 5 months - but of course it was Dada (which I would have vented about back then ) Milestones are different for every kid, its just so you know if your kid is behind on something you can worry yourself crazy over it

My vent - I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! If I never look at another toilet bowl I'll be the happiest woman alive!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search