Who has morning sickness?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Veteran
Oh my!! M/S has set in!! I missed two days of work this week. I went about 4 days not being able to hold anything down. EVERYTHING is so gross. I am constantly gagging.
My doc prescribed me zofran and phenergen suppositories. Thank goodness, the meds are working now.
I hope this stops in a couple weeks! My appt is next Tues. I have lost about 8 pounds.
How are you ladies doing? coping with M/S??

Jace Clayton 6.29.11
Jacoby Joseph 7.6.09

November 17th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have it and it comes on/off all day and night long. I'm only 4 1/2 weeks so I hate to see what I will feel like at 6 or 7 weeks! Keeping something light in my stomach seems to help with the nausea for me. Hope the m/s goes away soon for you!

November 17th, 2010, 06:08 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
NurseJanet, how far along are you?

November 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Destiny
I haven't gotten any yet, which really surprised me, since with my first I was queasy all the time before I even knew I was pregnant and all out nauseous by the time I got a positive pregnancy test.
It's kind of nice, but who knows if it'll last?
November 17th, 2010, 06:39 PM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is here and I'm already taking Diclectin and am off work for a week while it kicks in. It isn't kicking in though so I am a little concerned.
November 17th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't gotten sick yet... but I didn't have any with my other two pregnancies either.. so I'm hoping that it'll follow the pattern.

God, I wanted to sit my son on my knee and tell him all about you,
But since I never had the chance... Could you sit him on yours and tell him all about me?
November 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Regular
Oh I am waiting. My DH keeps telling me not to think negative but it is hard. The first thing that came to my mind when I got my postive results was "okay so now how long do I have until I start getting sick again? And how am I going to do it this time with working?" I know every pregnancy is different but I was so sick last time how could it be that different? I am going to beg my Dr for some kine of medicine if it gets as bad as last time. He told me it means a strong pregnancy and morning sickness is good. He was not the one throwing up for six months straight either.
November 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM
deacons_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Yep, I've been having m/s... I felt like I got it so early, too! 4 weeks is when it started for me. I can't bear the thought of feeling like this for another 7-8 weeks

November 18th, 2010, 11:43 AM
honeybee82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so tired of feeling nauseous non-stop...i just want to feel back to normal. The Zofran seems to help some but I am still not the same! I am so glad this is my last pregnancy...I dont think I could bear doing this all over again!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

November 18th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Veteran
I have been nauseous all day, every day, but not sick yet!

Landon is so excited about his new brother or sister due to arrive 7/2/11!!
November 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by handofachlys View Post
NurseJanet, how far along are you?
I am 7w4d

Jace Clayton 6.29.11
Jacoby Joseph 7.6.09

November 18th, 2010, 05:32 PM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thankfully I haven't had any just feeling the rolling of my stomach! But I'm only 5wks so I know I still have a few days to a week before it rear it's ugly head. I had it will all 5 so I fully expect it with this one. Enjoying what food now while I still can!

November 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Veteran
yea, I feel all your pain. It's all I can do to make it to work, and then function at home. My DH works retail management so that means he works crazy hours. I have my DS at home. (16month old) Our condo is a complete mess. I barely manage to keep up right now. I know.... should be only a few weeks left.
I have heard M/S meaning great pregnancy because it means the hormones are strong and the placenta is forming. I think if I remember that the M/S fades when the placenta takes over.
Its SO funny because with DS I read EVERY pregnancy book, I knew every fact about EVERYTHING about pregnancy. Now that I have a toddler at home, I just wing it!! LOL
I am on zofran. I take it 3 times a day, 6, 12 and 6. Then I have phenergen suppositories for nighttime. Tonight I am going to try without the phenergen. We will see. I cant wait for next week. SHORT WEEK!
Fortunately we didn't make travel plans for thanksgiving so I don't have to worry about a smelly turkey dinner.

What do you all find that you eat?

My "food" is cheese sandwiches.

Beccaly25: I hope your doc helps you out!

Jace Clayton 6.29.11
Jacoby Joseph 7.6.09

November 19th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I havent actually thrown up but I feel nauseated a lot of the time. Even just thinking about certain things makes me feel ill.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

November 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I jsut happen to be reading a book that says if you have M/S you should take an extra B vitamin and it will help with it... anyone try this?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search