Nursing while Pregnant

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Destiny
Is anyone else still nursing even though they're pregnant? I've cut down a lot because of how sore I am, but I still end up nursing her about 5 times a day. I plan on nursing Eliana until at least 18 months (right around my due date), but I'm thinking about tandem nursing for a couple of months more to get her accustomed and closer to her new sibling.
Any thoughts? Or stories from people who done this before?
November 18th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
i was nursing my 15 month old, i was gonna go to 18 months but he just stopped asking, and i stopped offering and he hasnt noticed.
November 18th, 2010, 08:13 PM
BrynnieM's Avatar Member
I was just about to post this same topic! I'm still nursing my 15m little man, but it's dropped off a bunch! I don't know if the taste has changed, or I'm drying up due to the pregnancy, but he's def losing interest.
November 18th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynnieM View Post
I'm still nursing my 15m little man, but it's dropped off a bunch! I don't know if the taste has changed, or I'm drying up due to the pregnancy, but he's def losing interest.
I've read that pregnancy hormones decrease the supply, so that's probably why, and if he's losing interest I would bet that's another reason. Eliana is still nursing a lot, and she seems more interested instead of less, but I think she's figured out that something's up and it's more of a comfort thing right now.
November 18th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Super Mommy
i was wonderinga bout the same thing.my 1st one was bottle feed.Kyle is 15 months and i am still nursing him between 2-4 times(depending on a night).it dont look like he is loosing intrest ore anything.so i was wondering if i need to get him off ore i will just dry up.
November 19th, 2010, 02:49 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
i'm still nursing a couple of times a week, but hoping she'll wean off, shes nearly there but just lately shes got all asking for it again. i didn;t want to go past three really but i want to wean her gently. i guess if i end up feeding tandem then thats what i'll do....

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
November 19th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I'm still nursing my 22-month old. I haven't felt any soreness or anything yet, but I think that my supply has definitely taken a hit. He's no longer satisfied with just one side; when he nurses at night he keeps asking 'Other side mommy milk' and 'Other side mommy milk.' It makes for some looooooong nights, let me tell you! We'll see how and if his interest changes as this pregnancy moves along.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
November 19th, 2010, 07:51 AM
beccandrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I nursed during my last two pregnancies (until about 20 weeks) it got SUPER painful for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search