Quesadillas

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just made these for my lunch today and yum! I did make some changes though. Its added from babycentral's website, just copied/pasted.

Chicken Quesadillas
Added by: Meals Matter
(207 recipes) Mom Rating
OkayKid Rating
YummyPrep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes

Easy to make from leftover chicken. Quick meal for nights on the go.

Ingredients
2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2/3 - 1 cup salsa
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. dried oregano
6 flour tortillas
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (cheddar is fine also)
Preparations
In a skillet combine first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through. Brush one side of tortillas with butter. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of unbuttered side of each tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. (Makes 4-6 servings)

My changes: I used turkey.. didn't have any precooked chicken. If you use white meat, it won't make much of a taste change. Instead of green onions, I used red onions.. they were just what I had on hand. Nixed cumin, I don't like it. Added chopped peppers.

This also seems like it would be excellent with potatoes, eggs and sausage in place of the meat! Its catagorized under "Freezes well." I think I'm going to make up a bunch and pop them in the freezer.. would be a quick and easy food for us to pull out post partum as well.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
December 3rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yum! We actually make these a lot, not this particular recipe but quesadillas. I'm going to try this the next time we make it, usually I just use the Tex Mex spice mix that you can get with the rest of the spices.
December 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Adelyns_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those sound yummy!! I make chix quesadillas also....I just cut up frozen chix stripes about 7 or 8 pour in a can of rotel and let it cook on the stove till all the juices are gone. Then in another skillet I get a flour tortilla and scoope some chix mixture onto the tortilla and add some cheese...I use white cheddar, but you can use whatever you like! Cook both sides till cheese is melted serve with cheese dip, quac, refried beans, sourcream and salsa!!

Tags
feeding the pride

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search