Anybody else have some spotting?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know some spotting is completely normal so I am trying not to panic. I have been feeling rough today. I have had diarriah and throwing up and heartburn and what I thought were constipation pains. Then I went to the bathroom about ten minutes ago and there was some pink in my discharge. I called DH crying and he is going to come home from work early. Part of me wants to go to the ER but I do not know if that is too drastic. Should I see if it starts to turn red or not?

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
December 10th, 2010, 01:39 PM
mi5kidzmom's Avatar Veteran
I of course am not a doctor but have had 4 kids and with my third and fourth pregnancies I have had bleeding. With my third I had spotting throughout my while pregnancy, with my fourth only in the first tri mester. This is now my fifth and I have been spotting mostly brown but a couple times some pink discharge, since I don't have bad cramping, or real bleeding I am trying not to freak out.
From all that I read about miscarriages, tubal pregnancies, and molar pregnancies they all accompany heavy bleeding, significant cramps, and clots. If you are really worried you can always go to the emergency room. The first thing they will ask you though is how many pads you are filling per hour. With my third they even went as far to give me a vaginal u/s and couldn't find the hb, they told me there was a40% chance I would miss carry and he is now a happy, healthy, 5yr old boy! Stay strong, wish you well

Married to the LOVE OF MY LIFE and SOULMATE!!
Proud SAHM to Ariel 12, Sebastian 11, Paul 5, Bryannah 4, and #5 Maverick on the way!
December 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had spotting twice this pregnancy. The first time was while I had the stomach flu. I called the OB and she said it is quite common in the 1st trimester especially after vomitting and diarreah. I had it again after I shopped with my mom for 8 hours and was so exausted and my feet hurt and I think I just overdid it. I wouldn't go to the ER but that is just me. If there was more than spotting and you have cramping then that would be different.
December 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies. You have put my mind somewhat at ease. I was on my feet more these past few days than I normally have and I knew that i had overdone it. I am having some dull cramping off and on but it is not consistant. I have a pantiliner on and nothing has gotten on the pantiliner. It is only when I wipe. I am staying off my feet and relaxing praying that it does not get worse.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
December 11th, 2010, 06:47 AM
SaRaH_2134's Avatar FTM to baby girl
I had spotting for about a week and a half (somewhere around 6-7 wks). No cramping, not clots. I mentioned it to my MD at my first apt, she wasn't concerned (esp with the lack of the other items).

She did put me on progesterone suppositories (my pro had dropped from 25 to 17 in 15 days) and I haven't had any since then - not sure if that is the link or not. I actually stopped spotting the day before that apt.

I just tried not to stress about it. I figured there wasn't anything I could do, so I just kept myself thinking positive thoughts.

December 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Kim
I've been spotting off and on for the last three days. Today is a little redder and a little more, but I think it's because I had an ultrasound yesterday and things were stirred up in there. I've just been trying to rest as much as possible, lift my daughter as little as possible and try to be positive, as hard as it can be sometimes.

December 11th, 2010, 08:48 AM
~Justine~'s Avatar Super Mommy
I had some spotting in between 5 and 6 weeks and was really worried, I went to my dr about it and he said it was normal in the earlie pregnancy. He did an ultrasound just to make me feel better and everything has been fine so far. He said that I may get some spotting again but it all depends on how much bleeding I have, if it is just spotting with nothing else then it is fine but if I have a fever and cramping really bad then to go in for sure.

Thank you to Mistyx6 for my siggy!

December 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had pink spotting last pregnancy but it was further along, like 14 weeks I think. They did an ultrasound and checked me out at the doc. My doc said any amount of bleeding gives reason to at least call the doc and get it checked. For many women spotting is normal, and if somebody knows its normal for them they may not call but if this isnt normal for you then I would call. What could it hurt?

December 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had spotting w/ my third pregnancy for weeks, he's now 2 yrs old. I hope it stops soon for you.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 11th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Happy Mommy
I haven't but I'd call if nothing else to have it noted in your chart in case something comes up later...
December 11th, 2010, 08:41 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i thinks its always best to call the dr's office if u are in any doubt..! maybe they might put u in progesterone..so that its much better..!! even if they dont do anything its such a big relief when we get "its ok" from a health professional..!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search