Bwhahaha! First appt!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I called today to set up my first appt and the receptionist asked me how far I am right now. I told her 8 wks and she's says, "8 WKS?!" Like, why haven't you called sooner?! It was kind of funny, the tone is her voice. Then she was trying to get me in as soon as possible and broke in and said, "well, I can't make it until next month, like, the 17th?" She was in shock! I feel like the only person waiting for an appt. lol. If my math is correct, I should be almost 14 wks. by the time my appt comes around. Anyways, that's the only time I could get a babysitter and I told my sister that I have to go in for my "yearly," but I don't want to take the kids. I also told her I can't get in until January because that's when my insurance kicks in. I sure hope she doesn't suspect anything!

December 10th, 2010, 02:35 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
LOL Being your 6th time around, you should know better than anyone if you need to get into the doc earlier or not haha. Sneaky sneaky

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
December 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Very sneaky of you. I could imagine a receptionist being so shocked. Really though , when places don't like to see you until 10-12 weeks, you scheduled just right.

December 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I cant even imagine how shocked she was! my receptionist was shocked when i wanted to move mine from 8 weeks to 10 weeks!

December 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Super Mommy
Wow I don't understand the big shock by her. I was 9 weeks when I had my first appointment and that was the earliest they see you unless there's something wrong or you have a history of problems. It's not like you are 20 weeks or something, lol!
December 10th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I don't get why it was so surprising that you're 8 weeks, it's not that late to be making a first appointment! Although they probably don't get a lot of people who don't want to go in until their second trimester, so that shock is more understandable

December 10th, 2010, 08:38 PM
angel_www23's Avatar Veteran
I wont have my first appointment till Im 12 weeks, and even than its with a NP, doing paperwork, etc. Dont know if Ill have an u/s with her or till I have or make an appointment with my OB, when I have one

THANK YOU marriedc for the AMAZING siggy

December 10th, 2010, 09:05 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hihi thats funny she was shocked..may be ur dr's place is a great place that want ppl to come in early..!!!but its sad u didnt get an appt any sooner..!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

December 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's more because, anymore, most ladies can't wait to get to the dr. I know I was there at 8 wks last time. Plus, my dr likes to see ya at 8 wks. It was just funny listening to her. I couldn't get my appt any earlier if i was to "hide" why i was going. my insurance doesn't kick in until January. If I went this month, people would start catching on. I don't mind going in so late. I didn't go until 16 wks with Wyatt, which was awesome because we were able to find out he was a boy right then.

December 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Well I would have done the same thing if I had to wait for insurance.10 weeks is the norm for the 1st appt.All they do really is bloodwork and history.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

December 11th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea I sure wouldnt be going to the doctor before the insurance kicked in either! I think its funny she was shocked too. Now just imagine if you called back like hey actually can we make that the following week... Im totally swamped that week lol my doctor wanted me to get an ultrasound to date the pregnancy as soon as I could and I made it for 2 weeks after my appointment cause Im freaking busy! And I havent got my blood work done either... I'll get to it...

December 11th, 2010, 09:12 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
my doctor told me to come back when i was past 8 weeks! they havent even booked me in yet!

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
December 11th, 2010, 07:50 PM
soon_2_be_new_mommy's Avatar Member
I am SO Excited for YOU! my 1st is this month on the 29th.. have heard that there is a possibility of hearing the babys heart beat this visit! SO EXCITING!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search