Going Public

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2010, 01:16 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
When do you plan to announce your pregnancy? How do you want to announce it?

December 11th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH knows, of course. And I told about 3 of my very closest friends. I HAVE to tell work on Monday because of the nature of my job.

For the rest of family and friends, we will tell after we have our first u/s (as long as all looks good), which will be around 7 weeks. We told people at the same time with our last baby too.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
December 11th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
I just posted this in another thread. I believe I am going to be telling my family on X-mas Eve. I think I am going to do that by announcing that one of my son's learned how to play the secret game at school (or whatever the name of it is). And then get everyone in a big circle. Have my son whisper to the first person "my mom is having a baby" or something to the affect of being a big brother again, and then have each person pass it on. I think it will be a fantastic way to share the news and watch the jaws drop as they quickly turn and pass it on to their neighbor

December 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've already told our close family and will tell everyone else when we see them or talk to them next. I'm waiting until after the weekend to make an official "announcement" on Facebook since today is my daughter's birthday. We also wanted to tell all close family before hand so they heard it from us first.

We originally planned to wait until Christmas, but DH and I are horrible at secrets

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 11th, 2010, 07:41 AM
WAHM to 3 Crazy girls
We are waiting to tell anyone until after our first appointment! I am hoping to maybe sneak in a trip to my parents to tell them but we will see if that is doable or not. Otherwise I am hoping to send them flowers or a edible arrangement for "new grandparents" even though this will be there 7th grandbaby
December 11th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Happy Mommy
I've told the fmaily members that I'll tell. the rest will find out via those i told. I've told my closest friends, and then close co-workers (beacuse they'll wonder why I keep running to the bath room LOL)

other then that I don't plan to annouce it. I figure everyone will figure it out eventually LOL
December 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
We told DHs family last night! I guess SIL was excited or just a loud mouth and congratulated me on FB, so I had to do damage control and text my mom and tell her (I wasn't planning on actually "telling" her anyway...) before she found out through the grapevine.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

December 11th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Veteran
Part of me wants to wait until the first u/s to tell anyone (which won't be until January), but I am horrible at keeping secrets and so is DH. All of our family is going to be in town for Christmas, so it's going to be hard not to tell!

December 11th, 2010, 09:15 AM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My family knows, and DH family knows. I am not sure if I will post it on facebook until after my first appointment pr not. I am so scared of miscarriage so I may wait until I hit the 12 week mark.
December 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are waiting to tell DH's family either at Christmas or a little after. I'm not sure when I'll tell my family. He wants me to wait til we tell his family, so I'll probably try my best to wait.
December 11th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We'll be telling Christmas Eve. Not sure how yet... But I'm sooo excited to tell!
December 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Due to previous miscarriages and the pain of A LOT of peoples not so tactful comments after the first one...we usually wait to tell people til after the first trimester Obviously I have told my mom, my one sister that im closest to, and some close friends.

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

December 11th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As far as who we have told already, I told my BFF and my mom, and DH told a few people at his work. No other family know. I work at a lab, so sinse I got Betas drawn, there are a handful of people, including my bosses, who know.

I would rather wait until my appt in January is done....I will be about 9 weeks.....to tell everyone in my family. BUT I think we are going to make an announcement on Chirstmas.

As for public like FB and that, I will wait until much later....12 weeks or on....
December 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
I'll tell my family after the first of the year in an e-mail(They live in the states and I do not). We will not be telling the in laws at all, they will have to find out on their own so I'm guessing it wont be until I start to really show.

December 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Veteran
I let the cat outa the bag as soon as daddy was told, I am not even sure he knew before I started blabbing as he was told through a txt msg lol. (He works away)

Shay DD 16yrs old
Sharna DD 15 yrs old
Shania-Lee DD 13 yrs old
Shanade DD 12 yrs old
Adam DS 7yrs old
Aston DS 4 months
Bean Due 5th August 2011
December 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Kim
We'll tell our families next weekend when we see them in person. For Jenna, my official announcement to the world was to post my 12 week u/s pic as my profile pic on facebook, and I think we'll probably do that again. I like keeping it to ourselves or a small group for awhile, and I'm especially cautious this time because of the bleeding I've been having. But I can't wait to tell!

December 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedw3boys View Post
I just posted this in another thread. I believe I am going to be telling my family on X-mas Eve. I think I am going to do that by announcing that one of my son's learned how to play the secret game at school (or whatever the name of it is). And then get everyone in a big circle. Have my son whisper to the first person "my mom is having a baby" or something to the affect of being a big brother again, and then have each person pass it on. I think it will be a fantastic way to share the news and watch the jaws drop as they quickly turn and pass it on to their neighbor
That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear the story!

We'll tell after the 1st u/s if the heart is normal. (lost baby's wasn't)
December 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just told my best friend tonight. DH and I met my best friend and her BF for lunch. I had a gift for her and she thought it was a Christmas gift! Inside the gift bag was a jar of Prego pasta sauce with a blue and pink ribbon tied around the jar. LOL they are both like I don't get it. Then after a few seconds she is like OMG are you??? HAHA it was funny. Telling the ILs tomorrow. I will update how it goes. Not sure how we will tell extended family and friends, but will wait till end of 1st trimester. Also I don't want to tell work yet, so no facebook for now.

December 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I told my best friend a few days ago and I told her daughters today. My big kids know and one or two other friends. I plan to tell my parents in person when I see them in a few days. They live in Kentucky, but are coming home for Christmas. My brother and sister-in-law and nieces will know by Christmas too. Haven't figured out how I plan to tell everyone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search