Birth Art #3

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your fantasy of labor and birth? (realistic or completely imaginary, physical or emotional)

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

December 12th, 2010, 09:15 AM

See my growing belly!

December 12th, 2010, 03:40 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ARG! I just spent 20 minutes writing both a response to yours and then my thing and a JM glitch deleted it! Waaa! Anyway, interesting connections in yours, the sun thing definitely is a recurring theme for you!

sigh. Okay...fantasy of labor and birth, again LOL!
Im in a small cabin in the woods, its dark and quiet and im all alone. The surrounding trees are protecting me and keeping me sheltered and safe. My energy is dark, intense, and red hot! Everything is swirling around so fast that im contained in a bubble of my own energy, its so strong that the bubble is both keeping me inside myself and also protecting me from outside forces at the same time.

Once i have my baby my energy calms down and its golden and warm and relaxed, and my baby and i are radiating nice warm energy back and forth. For a few moments the two of us are alone together and resting. My husband and daughters are very close by, and shortly after we are all together and all very happy.

So, i've realized that im having an intense desire for privacy and solitude for major portions of this birth. Im realizing that this time around im going to need to really dig inside myself, rather than relying on direction, advice, and support from others to get me through it. That is what i did with my last two births and i think that passive role is really the root of why i have been so unsatisfied with those experiences. I think the privacy will allow me to reach inside myself and do what i need to do uninhibited. Overall, what a great exercise this one was for me! I feel like i really nailed a realization here.

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

December 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM
What a great realization you made! You have an amazing connection with nature! I love it!

See my growing belly!

December 13th, 2010, 05:51 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
you girls rock. my life is crazy and getting ready to be out of town for 3 weeks...but when i get back i will par take in the awesomeness!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

December 13th, 2010, 08:11 AM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bre4thewin View Post
you girls rock. my life is crazy and getting ready to be out of town for 3 weeks...but when i get back i will par take in the awesomeness!
YAY! im so excited another artist!
This is probably the last week i'll be able to do it, i can probably squeeze in one more and then since we'll be in Canada for christmas i will be out until January!

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

December 13th, 2010, 09:01 AM
That's great Amanda because I probably won't be able to do it after this Friday because I will be out of town and getting ready for Christmas and all of that good stuff. So, I will post one more, if you want, and then I won't post another one until sometime in January.

Can't wait until you start posting your art Bre!!! How exciting!

See my growing belly!

December 15th, 2010, 08:32 AM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post

Wow what a peaceful scene! I like it. I never thought of doing something like that during birth. Usually I am the opposite thinking the worst case scenario. It reminds me of the guided imagery we used to do in college- we were kind of earth crunchy back then !and they would make you think of a peaceful place.

December 15th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks! I really did use it a lot! The other thing I used a lot during intense contractions was imagining my baby giving me a huge hug around my uterus and that's what was causing the squeezing sensation. I just loved hypnobabies and how it trained your mind to think differently about everything.

See my growing belly!

December 15th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty View Post
ARG! I just spent 20 minutes writing both a response to yours and then my thing and a JM glitch deleted it! Waaa! Anyway, interesting connections in yours, the sun thing definitely is a recurring theme for you!

sigh. Okay...fantasy of labor and birth, again LOL!
Im in a small cabin in the woods, its dark and quiet and im all alone. The surrounding trees are protecting me and keeping me sheltered and safe. My energy is dark, intense, and red hot! Everything is swirling around so fast that im contained in a bubble of my own energy, its so strong that the bubble is both keeping me inside myself and also protecting me from outside forces at the same time.

Once i have my baby my energy calms down and its golden and warm and relaxed, and my baby and i are radiating nice warm energy back and forth. For a few moments the two of us are alone together and resting. My husband and daughters are very close by, and shortly after we are all together and all very happy.

So, i've realized that im having an intense desire for privacy and solitude for major portions of this birth. Im realizing that this time around im going to need to really dig inside myself, rather than relying on direction, advice, and support from others to get me through it. That is what i did with my last two births and i think that passive role is really the root of why i have been so unsatisfied with those experiences. I think the privacy will allow me to reach inside myself and do what i need to do uninhibited. Overall, what a great exercise this one was for me! I feel like i really nailed a realization here.

I like how you connect everything back to nature. That's also cool that you are actually realizing something about what you want from doing these exercises!

December 15th, 2010, 10:42 AM
OK really I am super lazy and have not even downloaded my pictures from OCtober so I will write mine out for now and then maybe draw them out later :O)

My fantasy of labor is I go into labor at home and the contractions are not as painful as I was thinking they would be! And we go to the hospital and when we arrive they say, "my god you have to push you are 9 cm!!!!" and I push and the baby comes out all healthy and at least 7 lbs. And I say to my husband, "wow my menstrual cramps were worse than that really it's not so bad." and then of course breastfeeding is a cinch and I drop ten lbs before I go home.

The realistic view of labor is: I have the baby vaginally with no tearing after having a nice epidural that works and doesn't stop labor and my husband is able to take like 3 weeks off after the birth to help out! And I don't need any pain meds after.

December 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Your fantasy is totally possible Theresa! I got to the hospital fully dilated and that's after labor had started almost 24 hours before that, but I was just too calm for me to be that far along, so the midwife told me and that's why I waited as long as I did to go. But, all in all, not all that painful until I got to the hospital, the pushing part was the most "intense" part for me. I would say crowning was pretty painful for me, lol. Oh, and I lost 20 lbs with my first leaving the hospital and 15 with Callum.

See my growing belly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search