Mana's Journey Into Mommyhood

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
So I'm finally starting a journal here! I need a place to ramble and this seems like a good one

- BACKGROUND STORY -

I'm Mana (*waves*), 25 years young (seriously, I don't even feel like an adult yet.. I blame Toys'R'Us commercials from my childhood, and having it pounded into my head that "I don't wanna grow up"), married to David who is also 25 (exactly 1 month older than me, his birthday is May 8, mine is June 8, so wouldn't it be cute if this baby ends up coming a little early on July 8?). My husband is awesome, super sweet and adorable, and completely crazy about me. He's a software programmer, and I'm in school for web development (originally web design, I can do it all!). So, basically, we're both geeks.

But at least we're cute geeks!

We have 2 cats, Nibbler and Jinx, who we both adore even though they drive us crazy, and I'm sure they will be thrilled when a squalling infant joins the family and disrupts their peaceful home

They're cute too! (Nibbler is the big one, Jinx is the kitten)

In the beginning of October, I finally admitted to my husband (and aloud to myself for the first time) that I wanted to have a baby. It was very hard, because I spent pretty much my entire life vehemently telling everyone that I had no intention of ever reproducing. I didn't like babies or little kids, I didn't want to have any of my own, and I especially did not ever want to go through childbirth. But according to my husband (who was not nearly as shocked by my admission as I expected), my mind had been slowly changing about all of that over the past year and a half or so (probably when I told him that IF we ever did have kids, I wanted to do it before I was 30). It sort of got kicked up a few notches when my little sister announced that she was pregnant last spring. But any time before now would have been really bad timing for us. We just bought our house last spring, and we didn't have much money until last summer when my husband got a nice new job, with benefits so we'd actually have health insurance. So by October, it just seemed like a good time for us to start a family. And hubby agreed. So we got started.

- BFP -

My last period was October 10 (a few days after we decided to try that month). I expected my next period November 6 or 7, which was Saturday/Sunday. The Thursday before I expected AF, I had a really strong urge to take a pregnancy test. I quelled the desire since I did not expect to have gotten pregnant right away, and I figured it would just be negative and then my period would start and it would have been a waste of a test. I decided to wait until Monday, and if my period hadn't arrived by then, I would take the test.

It was a long weekend!

Monday morning arrived. I sprang out of bed at 7am (our alarm goes off at 7:30) and checked for AF. Nothing! So I whipped out a test and held it under my urine stream. And OMG what do you know, the test looked positive! Then I started doubting, re-read the instructions, and realized I wasn't sure that I had held the test in the stream for exactly 5 seconds because I didn't know exactly when it hit the stick, so maybe it had only been 4 seconds or maybe it had been 6 seconds, and I wasn't completely sure I had held the stick pointing down like the instructions said. TMI, but I hadn't flushed yet. So I got another test, and stuck it in the toilet. I figured if it was still positive even with pee diluted from toilet bowl water, that would be pretty convincing. And sure enough, another positive! Fainter, but still definitely there.

So I went back to bed, snuggled up to hubby, and told him the good news, and also that I wasn't sure I was actually pregnant and maybe the tests were defective or maybe my pee was just acting pregnant that day, lol. He assured me that false positives were rare, and I must be pregnant. We talked for most of the morning until he had to rush to work

Yeah, no question that is positive.

- BELLY PICS -

I intended to take pics every week, but I got lazy, my computer was having issues so I couldn't get the pics off my phone, and I'm not a very good photographer. But I do have some pics, and I'll keep taking them to show my belly progression!

Week 5:

Week 10:

Look at that belly grow!

December 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
yay! your belly is growing

i used to never want kids too but you have one of your own and things totally change!

love your little kitten!! i love black cats!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
December 23rd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I think it was good that I didn't want kids before. It definitely made me more careful until I was ready! Not that I'm completely sure I'm ready now... but as ready as I'll ever be, I think

And thank you! I love my belly, and my kitten

February 17th, 2011, 10:33 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Your pregnancy journal is adorable! I think we need an updated belly pic! It's been long since you were 10 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search