16 week appt. yesterday

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Julie
Just wanted to let you all know I heard the heartbeat and almost started to worry because at first the dr. tried to find the heartbeat at around my belly button area but couldn't. So then she went below the belly button and said "oh, your baby is still very tiny!" and then found it there. I was surprised that the baby is still down there at 16 weeks. I guess I've forgotten everything since it's been 5 years since my last baby was born. But I guess everything is OK so I'm grateful In 4 weeks I will have my big u/s to find out the sex!
January 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got to hear the heartbeat! It's so amazing!! My Dr always checks the heartbeat below the belly button... I guess I never thought about it

January 12th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you had a good appointment! And the uterus doesn't actually hit the belly button until around 20 weeks so I would expect the baby's heartbeat to be heard below it at only 16 weeks.

January 13th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Julie
Ok, thanks, I guess I should have known that but it's been awhile lol.
January 13th, 2011, 03:15 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you got to hear the h/b!!
January 13th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Veteran
My doc did the same thing at my 17 week appt She's still nice and cozy down there, no telling when she'll finally "pop up"

Collage by erineldridge23, on Flickr

January 13th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad your appointment went well!

With DD, her heartbeat was never as high as my bellybutton, since she liked to stay all tucked and cozy as far down into my pelvis as she could get.

January 13th, 2011, 12:38 PM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
That is great that everything is good and they were able to find the hb. At 11 weeks it took the nurse about 5 minutes to find the hb. With our previous loss of the twins DH and I were freaking out when it took that long. Not to mention she didn't even say anything about it being normal to have a difficult time finding the hb at that point. The only way we knew we lost each twin was b/c they couldn't find a hb so of course we were completely freaked out. I started crying when she finally found it.

Looking forward to your big u/s to find out what you are having!!! Hope that the LO shows you the goods!!!

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search