Will you let your child have

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
a security blanket or toy? Something that they will sleep with and take with them everywhere?
January 13th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids would have all been welcome to have had one if they had wanted one, but none of them ever 'chose' one

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
January 13th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Ashl3y
If she wants one, she can have one.
January 13th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Angel_Maker
I was a "blankey baby" meaning that I carried one "very special" blanket with me everywhere It started out the size of a normal receiving blanket, but has been hemmed and repaired so many times that it's now the size of a wash cloth I still have it....I even had my mom bring it to the hossy with Evan because I wanted it to touch him
January 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM
xxzoboxx's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Maker View Post
I was a "blankey baby" meaning that I carried one "very special" blanket with me everywhere It started out the size of a normal receiving blanket, but has been hemmed and repaired so many times that it's now the size of a wash cloth I still have it....I even had my mom bring it to the hossy with Evan because I wanted it to touch him
awww thats so sweet!!!

my little boy had a cuddly giraffe called raffy he loved it, dont really bother with it much now tho but yeah if he/s he chooses one they can have one
January 13th, 2011, 04:12 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the only child of mine to do this is my last one..she is 3 now, but she will take my tank tops with her to bed and if she goes somewhere...and sometimes she carries them around the house with her...she sucks on the end with her thumb and smells it...I have no problem with them having a "lovey"
January 13th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DS never had one. However, I have bought DD these adorable stuffed jungle animals so she may attach to one of them.
January 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup! DS is attached to a certain blanket my parents got for the baby shower. He will not sleep without it. DD is attached to her puppy pal violet. She takes it everywhere!

7/24/12
10/09/12
January 13th, 2011, 06:39 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't allow my babies to have blankets until 7-8 months old. At that point, if he wants to "choose" a blankey I don't mind.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
January 13th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If he chooses a lovey, that's fine.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 13th, 2011, 07:52 AM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
From my experience they'll pick one if they want one. I'm fine with it. Jenna has a stuffed bunny that's pretty into. We were just at Disney World and her bunny was in most of the pics with her. I *still* sleep with a security blanket (my husband thinks it's cute -- what a saint), so who am I to judge?

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

January 13th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemaggi View Post
From my experience they'll pick one if they want one. I'm fine with it. Jenna has a stuffed bunny that's pretty into. We were just at Disney World and her bunny was in most of the pics with her. I *still* sleep with a security blanket (my husband thinks it's cute -- what a saint), so who am I to judge?
I still sleep with a stuffed hippo that I named "Savannah".

If he chooses a lovey, he can have one but I won't allow any toys or blankets into bed with him until at least 6 months.

January 13th, 2011, 08:18 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ds1 has a body pillow he's slept with for the past 7 years (I used it when pg with ds2) and ds2 has his pink pony that he's slept with for the past 4 or 5 years. Neither of them have ever carried their lovies around though... If this one has one that's fine with me.

January 13th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Jack is due 6.22.11!
Yep, if he wants one, I have a stuffed tiger that was given to me when I was born (I am a twin and was born 12 weeks too soon so I was given it in the NICU, my sister also got a stuffed tiger) and we both still sleep with them .

January 13th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsakids View Post
My kids would have all been welcome to have had one if they had wanted one, but none of them ever 'chose' one
I only have one child, but ditto.
January 13th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzoboxx View Post
awww thats so sweet!!!

my little boy had a cuddly giraffe called raffy he loved it, dont really bother with it much now tho but yeah if he/s he chooses one they can have one
I love giraffe's and DH got me a fairly large one for Christmas. It was meant to be for the nursery but it ended up becoming my makeshift pregnancy pillow and we call it Raff. lol.

I had stuffed animals growing up that I had to hold to be able to sleep until me and DH moved in together... So I'm ok with our baby having something of the sort.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

January 13th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Quisty's Avatar Super Mommy
We have bought each of the kiddos a "silkie". Well, actually my DD1 had one made for her by a family member and never attached to it until a couple years ago when she found out it was MADE for her. That made it special! She was just a thumb sucker who made herself quit at 3 (which was pretty funny to watch). The next two attached to their silkie's and my almost 7 year old still wants it with her always. Well, so does my 2 year old! So yes, we will buy a new silkie for this one as well. It makes it kind of a pain to take everywhere (all over Disneyland, the desert camping, to NY and back....can you say GERMS!!!) but is very helpful in new and "questionable"/scary places

January 13th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids have never really attached to one either. Both boys had a stuffed animal that they wouldn't sleep without for awhile...but it didn't last long with either one.
January 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
none of my kids have wanted one, i tried to let them have one, but they wernt interested lol. Conner had "puppy" for a while, its a hidious stuffed bear he loved. Then Chase showed interest in it and Conner lost interest and now puppy is long gone in the trash. It was thrashed lol.
January 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
I will be ok with that and I think that there is no way to control if they get one. I had a security blanket growing up and wished I could have gotten rid of it earlier but b/c I sucked my thumb for so long I couldn't. Hopefully my LO will not be a thumb sucker though. I think having something for security is ok and may be helpful when going to new places or new people.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search