When can we find out?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
How far along were you when you found out (with previous baby) if you were having a boy or girl? I know it's typically 20 weeks, but here's our dilemma. DH leaves again at the end of March/beginning of April (not sure yet) & I won't be 20 weeks til mid-April. *sigh* He has a weeks vacation the last week of March... would there be ANY chance we could find out? I'm gunna talk to the dr at my next appt about it.
January 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
16 - 20 weeks is the window

typically 18 weeks onward is the best time

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
January 13th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Cinderbella's Avatar Veteran
The 3D ultrasound places (boutiques?) can usually do a gender determination around 15/16 weeks. I had them done with my last two at 15 weeks and they were accurate. Plus we got a military discount, which I'm sure you would too. Just search for a 3D/4D ultrasound place near you.

January 13th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dr. made me wait right 'til 20 weeks.
January 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 20 weeks when they told me, but looking at the pictures I would think you could tell the sex a little earlier
Good luck

January 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was 19 weeks when I found out, but before that my last u/s was at 13 weeks, and it was too early.
January 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
Well, maybe/hopefully his schedule will change & they won't leave til mid-April... that would be better. Ugh! He's not gunna be around for much of this pregnancy, so I really would like him home for that. But, that's the life of the military... Let's just hope he's home in August! lol.
January 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Happy Mommy
I'm going to a free standing 3d/4d u/s place for gender determination at 16 weeks.
January 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
We had an emergency ultrasound when I was 15 weeks with Ryan, because I had some bleeding (clot behind my placenta). They said it was too early to tell but then she turned out being able to tell.

I would imagine that if you explain the situation to your doctor they'd be able to at least try for you a couple weeks early. It's not like you're trying to get them to check at 12 weeks or something, yanno?

[/CENTER]
January 13th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Regular
I just went to my dr yesterday and she said that I can find out the sex of the baby at 20 weeks. So I still have 9 more weeks to go. I can't wait.
January 13th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We found out with my first at 17 weeks, but it was still a little iffy at that point. Some do gender scans as early as 15 weeks. Most doctors prefer the 20-week u/s right around then because that's the best time to see the anatomy and make sure the baby is growing well. Your doctor might make an exception for you though and if not, try to find a 3D u/s place because they will usually have a seperate gender scan package.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

January 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found out at 15 weeks during a regular u/s, but she wouldn't say for sure, just 'most likely'. It was confirmed at my 18 weeks u/s.

January 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
expecting2011mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I found out for DS at 15 weeks he opened his legs wide open. lol

This one she said 20 weeks but my aunt is doing a ultrasound at 16 weeks to see..
January 13th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Typically 17-20 weeks is the window. Most of my friends found out at 17 or 18 weeks. I am hoping I will get to find out around that time, too! I am going to the same clinic as them and sharing a doctor with one of them so at least I know he isn't ANTI-before 20 weeks, LOL.

January 13th, 2011, 09:50 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dr said he'll do an u/s at 20 weeks. However, I'm thinking of finding a place around here that'll do a 3d/4d earlier. I can't wait til 20 weeks, I wanna buy some stuff!

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
January 13th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
With DS I had to wait until week 26 because of the traveling I was doing. With DD we never found out because she wouldn't let us. Here they do scans at 17w but you have to bug them to show you gender and they are trying to pass a law that you're not allowed to find out until birth(Because there are some really stupid people having abortions because they didn't get the gender they wanted).

January 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I was around 17 week with Daniel. Boys are much easier for obvious reasons.

I think there is about an 85% chance that they can tell during the NT ultrasound. Mine is scheduled for the 26th, so hopefully I'll know then!
January 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My girls were harder to find out but usually around 16-20wks we knew. My boy we found out at 14wks. They weren't even trying to find out but he wasn't being shy at all.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
January 13th, 2011, 12:10 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I was around 17 week with Daniel. Boys are much easier for obvious reasons.

I think there is about an 85% chance that they can tell during the NT ultrasound. Mine is scheduled for the 26th, so hopefully I'll know then!
Really?! I've never heard of them being able to tell at 12-13 weeks! I had an u/s at 13 weeks with DS and there was no sign of anything, even though he was a boy
January 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Wow, really? Mine is scheduled for the same day, but I'll only be 11.5 weeks. Would be exciting to know so early!

With my other two I found out at the anatomy scan. One at 20 weeks, the other at 18 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search