Let the saddness begin

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know my posts are always long, sorry! It's because I have to listen to my students' problems all day and don't get to talk, LOL.

So I've been pretty cool through this pregnancy so far. If anything, I've been even more crazy about my SO then before. We're really bonding and enjoying the experience so far.

Then somehow during the last week I have started turning into a crier. Sew Divine posted her friend's blog today. I read it all and teared up multiple times throughout her blog. Even at just sweet things. Not necessarily sad.

I teared up watching Teen Mom 2 and even old school 90210 yesterday.

I watched Love Happens (with Jennifer Aniston) the other night and had myself a little cry fest.

My mom and her fiance sent me some books. The New Mom's Guide and there are three that they sent. I am currently reading Dealing with Dad. I have teared up multiple times over the sweet stories. (A Dad taking his 6 week old son to get his first library card and being SO excited because most of his firsts happen with mommy.)

I sent my mom a very sweet card that I picked up but kept forgetting to mail it to her. It actually talks about how she's a great mother and I know I will be, too...how ironic since I picked it out before being pregnant. I sent her my school pictures (lol) and the baby's first sonogram picture.
She left me a voicemail thanking me and said she "really needed it right now" and I could tell she was crying then she hurriedly said I Love you bye and hung up. I cried when I listened to it.

What the heck is my problem?? LOL

January 13th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Happy Mommy
you're pregnant that's what

January 13th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I, for one, am glad to hear someone else is flooding the area with tears. I have cried over everything, which makes me even more grouchy. LOL I hope your mama is ok.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post

yah that!

you think your bad? i teared up reading that you mom was crying over you card
January 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL! I am so with you!!!!

I was sitting in the lobby at my daughter's school drinking a hot chocolate and reading my book a bit while I was waiting for them to wheel her out. While sitting there a father and his daughter were saying their goodbyes to a teacher. From what I learned by evesdropping LOL is that they are moving to Florida. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I started crying because I was so touched by their goodbyes. I thought OMG what are you doing Lisa? You don't even know these people! Then I remembered, oh yeah I'm pregnant.......

10/1/10

January 13th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
yah that!

you think your bad? i teared up reading that you mom was crying over you card
Okay, I did LOL at this. You are too funny!

I just thought I was fine and that everyone else was an emotional wreck, but I guess it has hit me now! I'm sure there will be more to come. At least I am not grumpy and angry, LOL. Boyfriend said I am nicer now that I'm pregnant...lol

January 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
Well if you're anything like me, you'll still be emotional even after the baby comes.

I've been a disaster every since my first kid was born. I become more like my mom every day. I cry over all kinds of crazy stuff. LOL.

[/CENTER]
January 13th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hormone city!! I remember when I was pregnant with DS I would cry over tv commercials... don't even get me started if I happened to watch a remotely touching show!! LOL!!! I haven't been too bad yet this time, but I think I've had a few extra tears here and there!

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

January 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh man... baby blues are the worst. i would just cry for no reason or any reason. between wacky hormones and the lack of sleep - baby blues are my least favorite part of after birth.
January 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Kim
Quote:
ditto

I was happy because I wasn't all emotional and goopy, but it hit me hard a couple weeks ago. I was watching the news yesterday and today and it just about killed me. Commercials get me; books get me; happy, sad, you name it, I'll cry about it.

And you just wait. The days and weeks after you have your baby will be worse. At least now you're crying over something. after Jenna was born, I'd be having a conversation with DH or someone and would just burst into tears for no reason. Good times!

January 13th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Haha I cry at teen mom and 16 and pregnant too. I feel like such a tool. My cry baby hormones are kicking in as well... you aren't alone!
January 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:

Uh huh! I actually teared up last week watching the Ravens play. Yeah. Hormones suck.
January 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cinderbella's Avatar Veteran
Oh yeah definitely count me in for this one! I'm crying over everything! We were watching a kids movie yesterday that wasn't even remotely sad and I kept tearing up. Blah. Pregnancy is awesome.

January 13th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hormones! At a church party a lady stood up while we all sang her happy Birthday. She started crying so then I started crying that she was crying.

When I was pregnant with DD I remember thinking what is wrong with me when I was walking about of walmart and a can of pasta my husband had wanted fell out of the cart and a car ran it over. I just sat there crying in the parking lot over this stupid can of pasta. Got home and he told me it wasn't even the right kind haha. Dang baby hormones.

January 13th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Regular
If it makes you feel any better, I was sobbing because Queen's song "We Are The Champions" came on the radio. Can't explain that one...
January 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I'm weepy, too. It sucks more, though, because my dad passed away unexpectedly in April, and I was finally making some progress and then this. The most random things will make me think of him and send me into tears.

January 13th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojodiva View Post
Yeah, I'm weepy, too. It sucks more, though, because my dad passed away unexpectedly in April, and I was finally making some progress and then this. The most random things will make me think of him and send me into tears.
Aw I'm sorry to hear that. My dad passed away as well, when I was a sophomore in high school so it will be 10 years this October, but the cool thing is that my Dad's birthday is in August. It wasn't unexpected, but it was...quick. I sat on the shower floor crying the other day because I saw a "Grandpa is the coolest" infant outfit at the store and I was thinking how the outfit wouldn't even be referencing my dad...just Joey's dad. So I feel ya girl. If you ever need to talk, PM me and I'll be a shoulder to cry on through the computer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search