Speaking of coming home outfits...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Happy Mommy
Those of you that are BTDT, do you have a theme you use? or just pick whatever?

A friend of mine brought all four of her boys home in a striped pajama. didn't matter so long as it was striped.

I do dress clothes. for their first day in the real world out side the hosptail I have them wear something nice, so each my girls came home in a cute little dress.

I'm sure I'll stick with the dress clothes theme this time around.

so what about you?
January 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i do the brand kissy kissy - the softest cotton i have ever seen
January 13th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not really, my first was born in the summer and we picked one of our few newborn outfits we were given so she would have a chance to wear it. My second was born in December, so I just bought a cozy fleece sleeper for her. This one will be born at home, so we'll just grab a sleeper to put him/her in after the birth.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

January 13th, 2011, 10:11 AM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no clue. If I have two boys I can tell you they'll be in Red Sox and Celtics outfits But any girls, no clue.

10/1/10

January 13th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Last time I bought Yankees pajamas because all of our kids were going to come home in it... well the size newborn was apparently way off because it didn't fit DS until he was 3 months, and he was not a small baby (8lb 9oz, 21.75 inches). For whatever reason, I apparently forgot to pack the baby clothes in my hospital bag. So I had to send DH home to get them (we live 2 minutes from the hospital) and he ended up coming back with shorts, a t-shirt and a hooded towel. It was early June, and apparently he thought the towel was a blanket. I don't know, he's crazy. LOL He may have also brought a sleeper, and I think that might be what I put the baby in.

So my big plan for the coming home outfit didn't work out at all. I'm not sure if I can even remember which outfit it was that DS wore home to try to get the same one again, although I'm sure I have a picture of it somewhere. I wanted to have such a cute theme, but then it didn't work and I guess I just didn't try to figure anything else out. I don't remember what happened with that because I had bought the outfit fairly early and I'm not sure why I just didn't do anything else LOL. Maybe I'll let DH go home and get an oufit again - who knows what he'll come up with next time LOL

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 13th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just brought DS home in a sleeper - he was so early the only things we had were the few recommended items for our hospital bag! Not sure what we'll so this time. Hopefully we'll be coming home from the birth center, or even just having stayed at home, then it really won't matter. I'm guessing a sleeper and a blanket will be it!

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

January 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
my baby was in sleepers A LOT! all the frills and ruffles of those dresses look so darn uncomfy to me!
January 13th, 2011, 10:37 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Just a comfy and cute little outfit! No dress clothes or anything too crazy here- although I think they're cute I guess I'm just lazy and my babies live in onesies and sleepers
January 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
No theme, just bought what I thought was cute. What I wanted to Daniel home in ended up being too big and I had to use a different outfit.
January 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgirl05 View Post
Just a comfy and cute little outfit! No dress clothes or anything too crazy here- although I think they're cute I guess I'm just lazy and my babies live in onesies and sleepers
my sister said that after i had L. she was like L is always in clothes! I was like umm yeah?? she said her babies lived in sleepers and onsies. not actual clothes until they were much bigger. I found it comical.
January 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgirl05 View Post
this is me too! when they are so little - so much clothes makes me claustrophobic LOL! than she stayed in sleepers/onsies and little sweat pants cause she crawled at 5 months and her knees would get stuck in skirts i put her in! she would get so frustrated

now she loves loves loves dresses and would wear them every single day if i had enough of them
January 13th, 2011, 10:56 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Mine had coming home outfits but never wore them This one will be born at home so no need.

January 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Just a cute comfy sleeper!

I don't dress my kids up much either as newborns, I want them to be comfy as possibly and wearing jeans and so on can no not comfortable IMO....plus the sleepers they have now are super cute at carters, they are called Sleep and Play and look dressy enough to wear anywhere!

I also LOVE onesies, My 17 month old is still wearing them, I will be really sad when she outgrows these 24 month ones!
January 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an outfit for DD, but looking back I shouldn't have worried about changing her into it. She fussed each time I changed her clothes at first, so that should have been my least worry LOL
I plan on preparing comfy sleepers for the first few weeks, nothing that goes over the head etc.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just picked a cute dress for DD. If I have a girl I will probably make a dress, maybe make a different style but same fabric for my DD. If I have a boy I will just buy something that looks cute.

January 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just did cute, cozy, & comfy. She was born towards the end of March & it wasn't that cold when she came home, but I had this adorable bunting thing that I coudn't resist putting her in. Poor thing was probably waaayyy over dressed!

January 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last time I just had her in a pink onesie, it was so hot out!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 13th, 2011, 03:01 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll just get a cute and cozy outift, or possibly even a really cute sleeper. I am with the ladies who don't dress up their newborns. I put mine in lots of onesies and sleepers and stuff until they get a little older.
January 13th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If its a boy it will probably just be in a camouflage onsie lol. My dh is into hunting big time and I probably won't have a choice in the matter. If its a girl I think just a cute onsie/romper type thing since it will be hot.

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

January 13th, 2011, 04:56 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
A cute soft sleeper

\

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search