have you noticed once you get a food idea in your head..

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's impossible to not act on it?? i was watching spongebob last night with daughter and they were eating crabby patties - i immediately packed her in the car and went thru the mcdonalds drive thru

someone mentioned toast and marmelade, now i am thinking i NEED toast and jam, like NOW!

so weird.

unfortunately, i have also found that things i am craving never taste as good as i think they are going to - so sad
Colleen ~ Wife to JD , Mom to Tori Rose and Caden Thomas
January 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Happy Mommy
I actually have the opposite problem, if I think about it, then I don't want ot eat it. like me thinking of wendys for the last bit, makes me wanna throw up now.
January 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yup. But usually my cravings hit in the middle of the night and I either have to compromise or suck it up and wait till the next day.
January 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ME! The people at the grocery store must either think I am pregnant or high. I went one day because I was watching a TV show and they had lemonade, and I HAD to have pink lemonade. I ended up getting pickles and ice cream too (that made me feel super cliche btw). Then the other day their dad was over, and I was hoping he was going to call me before he left so I could get him to get me bagel shop bagels (nothing else would work), and cheez whiz. He didn't, so we ended up going and I spent $22 on crap lol. I got my bagels and cheez whiz though, and was very satisfied. I didn't have strong cravings with DD, and especially none I NEEDED to act on. This pregnancy is much different than my first.
January 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had that happen to me too! It's funny because otherwise I've been having food aversions, but when I have something in my mind, I start planning on eating that particular thing and don't give up till I have it.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 13th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Most of my "see it, must have it" things are not overly nutritious, so I try to avoid them. Generally I *think* I need something, but within half an hour or so it passes, so I'm most times I'm happy I didn't cave! Plus, I'm so tired and lazy right now, the thought of packing DS up and going to get whatever it is I want just seems like WAY too much effort for me!! LOL!

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

January 13th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All I can say is ICE CREAM

January 13th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i've been off and on with cravings. Some I can pass on others I can't. Last week I had to have salami, then a couple days after that I had to have bacon. I indulged in those cravings.
Then late one night i had to have a mcdonalds sundae and french fries. Made hubby go out and get it.
So far though I havent' had one particular consistent craving like I did with my other two. With my first one it was tomatoes. I ate them like crazy. Orange sherbert and mashed potatoes were the other had to have cravings or i'd die.

So we'll see if i get something like that this time around.
January 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I try to hold off for a little bit, but if a craving is strong, I can't help but to act on it!
Andrea, mom to 3 beautiful girls - Abigail (8) Annabelle (6) and Alexis (3)

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy
January 13th, 2011, 12:00 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the same way! Once I think about a certain food, I have to have it. Last night, someone on here was talking about Italian dressing, and all of the sudden I just had to have a ceasar salad. I didn't have it though, but I did slice up tomatoes and avocado and have that and it satisfied my craving for the most part. Mmm...now I'm craving it again!
January 13th, 2011, 01:02 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just spent $50 on shipping for Miracle whip, reece's peanut butter cups and swedish fish to be mailed USA to Brazil....so yeah I have that issue! LOL
January 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have not had spaghetti for months and today I was just craving it!! So we went to LaGondola's and it was super good

I hate commercials, every time i see a food commercial I have to eat the food maybe not right then but that week lol

January 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HAHAHAHAHA! Yes! At first...no. But now...oh man.

If I start even thinking about chips and salsa (oh crap here I go) then I HAVE to have it. Now I guarantee you that I will go get chips and salsa after work.

I ate 4 pop ice popsicles yesterday. I couldn't decide what flavor I wanted so I chose the red one, the blue one, the pink one, AND the green one.

The same thing happened today with REALLY wanted a pretzel with cheese from the cafeteria (they aren't even that good).

This could get dangerous.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search